Xbox1 wont support MP3 & AAC/M4A audio files. Will only support Play To as DLNA server after patch.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Title is off, ill wait to see real details, not how some stans interpret it.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
So, the same exact situation as the PS4. How...unsurprising. Get ready to hear about MP3 support "coming soon".

Nothing SAME AND EXACT ABOUT IT. REREAD THIS KEY PHRASE:

Microsoft confirmed its Xbox One will be DLNA-compatible — meaning it can act as a receiver when streaming media from other devices — and will support audio CD playback, though the system itself won't support CD ripping, MP3 storage or playback.

Meaning DLNA streaming IS SUPPORTED FROM YOUR OWN DEVICE. So yeah, you can stream from your phone, PC, or other DLNA compatible device TO the xbox live. In addition to this, you can also stream via Xbox Live (Which everyone should have by now, especially if you have a windows pc, xbox, or windows phone).

Sony has DISABLED DLNA streaming on its devices, meaning you MUST subscribe to its subpar music service to enable playing music via your triple. :sucsthov:

Who the fukk is still ripping MP3 onto their Playstations and Xbox's anyway? That space should be exclusively reserved for games and content. Trust me, when the Xbox One marketplace is open, the last thing you will want on your precious harddrive space will be mp3s. Especially when you can always stream them in your home network anyways.

:yeshrug:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The situation isn't the same, but it's quite similar. I'm 100% sure MS was like fukk dlna (a sony technology ) until they saw Sony get some flak for it, so they saw an opportunity to 1-up them. If you believe otherwise then you a fool

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
The situation isn't the same, but it's quite similar. I'm 100% sure MS was like fukk dlna (a sony technology ) until they saw Sony get some flak for it, so they saw an opportunity to 1-up them. If you believe otherwise then you a fool
:wtf: Dlna has been apart of windows since Win 7

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Based on this post, im sure your completely retarded. Your entire train of thought is based on nothing but nonsense. DLNA has been apart of Windows since Windows 7. All Windows devices supports DLNA. Not sure why you believe Window's support is apart of some grand "anti-sony" issue, especially when such service is also offered by google.

Seek help breh.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:wtf: Dlna has been apart of windows since Win 7

I know this, I'm just saying I'm sure they would have no qualms of abandoning the tech and pushing their music services

Based on this post, im sure your completely retarded. Your entire train of thought is based on nothing but nonsense. DLNA has been apart of Windows since Windows 7. All Windows devices supports DLNA. Not sure why you believe Window's support is apart of some grand "anti-sony" issue, especially when such service is also offered by google.

Seek help breh.
You, of all people, calling me retarded and telling me to seek help? Take stop gangbanged by Nokia and MS first

RNS

My Own Lane
Supporter
Daps
lol @ bickering over this shyt. nikka do like i do and use your ipod or mp3 player with bluetooth and stream to your soundbar and sub. xbox and ps3 plays through tv speakers. fukk you doing still using cds anyway :pachaha:

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing SAME AND EXACT ABOUT IT. REREAD THIS KEY PHRASE:

Meaning DLNA streaming IS SUPPORTED FROM YOUR OWN DEVICE. So yeah, you can stream from your phone, PC, or other DLNA compatible device TO the xbox live. In addition to this, you can also stream via Xbox Live (Which everyone should have by now, especially if you have a windows pc, xbox, or windows phone).

Sony has DISABLED DLNA streaming on its devices, meaning you MUST subscribe to its subpar music service to enable playing music via your triple. :sucsthov:

Who the fukk is still ripping MP3 onto their Playstations and Xbox's anyway? That space should be exclusively reserved for games and content. Trust me, when the Xbox One marketplace is open, the last thing you will want on your precious harddrive space will be mp3s. Especially when you can always stream them in your home network anyways.

:yeshrug:

who said anything about saving mp3s to ur hard drive ? if you cant plug in a thumb drive and listen to your own music thats some bullshyt. i dont fukking want to "stream" music

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:ld:Uhh it did support cd ripping. I got the old playlists to prove it.
I was trippin, I was thinking about ripping from files. You can only do it via CD ripping, you can't do it via USB/Wifi which the PS3 allowed you to do
nikka, now you got stannery in your thinking when these companies are not on this dumb fanboy shyt you thinking about
Yeah, sony had a hand in starting DLNA. Guess what, 225 companies are apart of DLNA right now
And 26 of those companies are "promoters" or the main contributors. Microsoft is one of them, they have just as much pull as sony. Lets stop the fanboy wars and get back to the subject which is sony is fukking you over and :umad:
who said anything about saving mp3s to ur hard drive ? if you cant plug in a thumb drive and listen to your own music thats some bullshyt. i dont fukking want to "stream" music
PS4 does not allowed external devices (Hard drives/etc) But the xbox one does :handshake:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
OP is a fukkin idiot. The X1 will be basically operate the same way as the 360, you can stream all sorts of audio files (probably not Wav) but there wont be any playback from phones, ipods etc.

stupid ass nikka...learn to comprehend