Xbox1 wont support MP3 & AAC/M4A audio files. Will only support Play To as DLNA server after patch.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Yup. I told y'all when we found out about the PS4 that the X1 would most likely end up being the same, and with that wording about DLNA, that was 100% correct.

I'll also say the same thing I said about the PS4 (re: DLNA): most of us already have numerous devices in our house that can do it, I don't see the uproar of either of the new systems NOT having it. Of course, they're getting it anyways because of the backlash, but it's amazing that ppl are foaming at the mouth over the ability to do something we can already do with what we have now.

Don't forget that it took them DAYS to confirm this. The media & the general public on twitter have been asking them about DLNA/MP3-playback on the Xbox1 since Sony released the Ultimate FAQ a couple days.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yup. I told y'all when we found out about the PS4 that the X1 would most likely end up being the same, and with that wording about DLNA, that was 100% correct.

I'll also say the same thing I said about the PS4 (re: DLNA): most of us already have numerous devices in our house that can do it, I don't see the uproar of either of the new systems NOT having it. Of course, they're getting it anyways because of the backlash, but it's amazing that ppl are foaming at the mouth over the ability to do something we can already do with what we have now.

Please explain how this is the same?

Dlna is supported by Xbox, as are plenty of other streaming options. How's this the same situation?

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
See with X1 we have walkarounds, just be creative. Aka log into my Google music on the browser, play my playlist. Snapped to game. Profit! :leon:

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I wasn't even aware that people cared that much about music on their consoles.. but I'm also a gamer who rarely engages in online play (on consoles). So maybe I'm just an aberration overall.

I do wonder how much influence the music industry had in all of this though.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So audio cds are the only way to listen to music in game? :wtf:

If it isn't DLNA certified, you can't stream since play to is part of DLNA.