Xbox Series X and Series S: $499 and $299 - November 10th Launch

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
No, I’m buying a ps5 digital version which will be 450-500, and two games. One of those games will be cyberpunk which i would buy anyway and miles morales probably won’t even be 60 dollars. In order me to upgrade it will be about 600 dollars after tax.
Meanwhile others are paying $25 a month.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Nonsense.

Why have an extra bill for 2 whole years when you can drop the cash now and be done with it.
Because of the current value of money.

Economics.

The future value of today's dollar is more than that same dollar at a point in the future.

I can have $100 today and spend 25 of it and invest the other 75.

Or I could spend the whole 100 today.

With no interest, the 75 I over today will be with more tomorrow and the day after, etc. I can then spend 25 every month until it equals 100 and I end up with more money because of the gains that I get get off of what I invest.

That's a real rough way of explaining it but this is real economic theory.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Because of the current value of money.

Economics.

The future value of today's dollar is more than that same dollar at a point in the future.

I can have $100 today and spend 25 of it and invest the other 75.

Or I could spend the whole 100 today.

With no interest, the 75 I over today will be with more tomorrow and the day after, etc. I can then spend 25 every month until it equals 100 and I end up with more money because of the gains that I get get off of what I invest.

That's a real rough way of explaining it but this is real economic theory.
:russ:

Nobody who finances a 300 machine is investing shyt. Give me a break.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
:russ:

Nobody who finances a 300 machine is investing shyt. Give me a break.
Breh... Are we having a grown conversation or not?

The point is...if financing interest isn't an issue, it is better to spend 25$ a month over the course of 4 months instead of $100 all at the same time.

Money changes in value over time.
If I said I could give you $10 today, or $10 next year, you'd rather have the money now, because you can do something with it, instead of just waiting for it.
So we'd say that ten dollars today is worth more than ten dollars next week which is worth more than ten dollars next year. That's the basic idea behind interest.
Time value of money is just a way to figure it out quantitatively (using numbers). If ten dollars next year is worth less than ten dollars today, how much less? If I offered you $9 today, or $10 next year, maybe you'd change your mind.
We'd say that the NPV, the *net present value* of $10 next year is whatever amount you'd be willing to trade it for today. If you'd rather have $9.51 today than $10 next year, but you'd rather have $10 next year than $9.49 today, we'd say that the NPV of $10 next year is $9.50.
This is done to help calculate expenses and investments. If I said I would give you $10 today, $11 next month, $13 next year, $20 next decade, or $100 in a century, which would you rather have? Not an easy question, til you calculate the NPV of each.

For a save conscious person, who is reliable, this finance option is a very good deal.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I bet Xbox is willing to go to 200-250 if needed. It’s the only way they can compete or attempt to compete with sales volume.

Somy hasn’t stopped the PS4 production as well. Unless they know Sony will continue PS4 production unless 2022 and sell next gen for more than expected.

Last edited:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Breh... Are we having a grown conversation or not?

The point is...if financing interest isn't an issue, it is better to spend 25$ a month over the course of 4 months instead of $100 all at the same time.

Money changes in value over time.
If I said I could give you $10 today, or $10 next year, you'd rather have the money now, because you can do something with it, instead of just waiting for it.
So we'd say that ten dollars today is worth more than ten dollars next week which is worth more than ten dollars next year. That's the basic idea behind interest.
Time value of money is just a way to figure it out quantitatively (using numbers). If ten dollars next year is worth less than ten dollars today, how much less? If I offered you $9 today, or $10 next year, maybe you'd change your mind.
We'd say that the NPV, the *net present value* of $10 next year is whatever amount you'd be willing to trade it for today. If you'd rather have $9.51 today than $10 next year, but you'd rather have $10 next year than $9.49 today, we'd say that the NPV of $10 next year is $9.50.
This is done to help calculate expenses and investments. If I said I would give you $10 today, $11 next month, $13 next year, $20 next decade, or $100 in a century, which would you rather have? Not an easy question, til you calculate the NPV of each.

STOP.

You think everybody who finances this thing has this theory in their head ? NO. They are goign to fukk off any money they would be "saving" or "investing" or "valuing" and spend on accessories, games or some other nonsense.

The less fortunate finance cheaper items, the person who takes this deal isn't going to be in most cases the one financilly responsible, it'll be the person whose been on unemployment for 3 months.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
STOP.

You think everybody who finances this thing has this theory in their head ? NO. They are goign to fukk off any money they would be "saving" or "investing" or "valuing" and spend on accessories, games or some other nonsense.

The less fortunate finance cheaper items, the person who takes this deal isn't going to be in most cases the one financilly responsible, it'll be the person whose been on unemployment for 3 months.
No, not everybody, breh.

In order for your troll to work, you are trying to make it seem as if I'm making a statement about the consumer.

Breh, you're a goofy for that.

I'm saying, the finance plan that MSFT is doing is consumer friendly, no matter how you look at it.

I'm getting an Series X day one for myself. I'm also getting a Series S for my Oldest son with this deal. It's perfect for me.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
No, not everybody, breh.

In order for your troll to work, you are trying to make it seem as if I'm making a statement about the consumer.

Breh, you're a goofy for that.

I'm saying, the finance plan that MSFT is doing is consumer friendly, no matter how you look at it.

I'm getting an Series X day one for myself. I'm also getting a Series S for my Oldest son with this deal. It's perfect for me.
Good for you.

I'm not.

Holla

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Im still waiting for someone to give me a good reason why these "price sensitive" consumers who ignored the cheap underpowered $299 Xbox console that microsoft released this generation will somehow line up to buy a cheap underpowered $299 console in a new generation.
because kids want the new shyt for Christmas