Xbox Series X and Series S: $499 and $299 - November 10th Launch

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
So how does the One X stack up against the Series S?

because the one x can do full 4K but the series can only do 1440p :patrice:

If you got a One X for the low plus game pass you could eat for a while :patrice:
We're not sure about the GPU because Teraflops doesn't work here, the hardware is different. It's been said RDNA2 TFs go much farther than last gen. We need a technical breakdown from MS or DF to figure that out.

Everything else - night and day. CPU, same as Series X. That's what's getting you the frame rates, AI, number of enemies, etc. SSD - self explanatory.

The One X can do 4K, but you'll most likely be stuck at 30 FPS. The Series S is a way stronger machine overall.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok ill break it down for your dumbass.

PS5 $600
Additional controller, memory card, accessories- $200
Games - $150 (2 games with tax)

Thats already $950. Lets not play stupid for stupidities sake. If you're buying a PS5 you're gonna be spending serious bread. No one but the die hard stans eager to play the spider man expansion pack are doing this.

that’s a shytty ass breakdown starting with the price of the console :mjlol:

here’s one that’s more accurate...coming from someone who’s gonna actually buy it along with a game...an extra controller and accessories

if these prices hold up I’m gonna end up paying close to $700 for the console (with drive)...extra controller...dual controller charger and the miles morales game + tax...$600 if I just get the digital edition but I’m iffy on that :patrice:

GZR

Final round
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
The Series S is looking flames right now. I was expecting MS to aim for 1080P, 1440P is a nice surprise. Keeping CPU parity (almost, just 0.2GHz difference) with the Series X while reducing the GPU capability along with price is a masterstroke. I'm almost more impressed by the S than the Series X:lupe:

Buying the PS5 is a given for me but I may get a Series S this year too.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Breh... Are we having a grown conversation or not?

The point is...if financing interest isn't an issue, it is better to spend 25$ a month over the course of 4 months instead of $100 all at the same time.

Money changes in value over time.
If I said I could give you $10 today, or $10 next year, you'd rather have the money now, because you can do something with it, instead of just waiting for it.
So we'd say that ten dollars today is worth more than ten dollars next week which is worth more than ten dollars next year. That's the basic idea behind interest.
Time value of money is just a way to figure it out quantitatively (using numbers). If ten dollars next year is worth less than ten dollars today, how much less? If I offered you $9 today, or $10 next year, maybe you'd change your mind.
We'd say that the NPV, the *net present value* of $10 next year is whatever amount you'd be willing to trade it for today. If you'd rather have $9.51 today than $10 next year, but you'd rather have $10 next year than $9.49 today, we'd say that the NPV of $10 next year is $9.50.
This is done to help calculate expenses and investments. If I said I would give you $10 today, $11 next month, $13 next year, $20 next decade, or $100 in a century, which would you rather have? Not an easy question, til you calculate the NPV of each.

For a save conscious person, who is reliable, this finance option is a very good deal.

nikkas got to give PS stanleys whole classes in economics to help them understand how great of a deal this is :mjlol:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
that’s a shytty ass breakdown starting with the price of the console :mjlol:

here’s one that’s more accurate...coming from someone who’s gonna actually buy it along with a game...an extra controller and accessories
What the fukk is accurate about that? What was the total price they're paying?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What the fukk is accurate about that? What was the total price they're paying?

$500 for the regular PS5 and $400 for the digital edition...as opposed to the $600 you put forth for starters...let’s get that out the way first...how’d you even arrive at that??

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
$500 for the regular PS5 and $400 for the digital edition...as opposed to the $600 you put forth for starters...let’s get that out the way first...how’d you even arrive at that??
So you're allowed to pull numbers out of your but others need evidence.

PS5 will be $600 to start. To act as if you wont need to spend upwards to $1000 to get fully into the PS5 is dumb as fukk. I'll let you nikkas say what you want.

Regardless, THE XBOX WILL BE A CHEAPER AND MORE REASONABLE WAY TO GET INTO NEXT GEN

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PS5 will be $600 to start.

we’ll see lol :ehh:

all the cursing and typing in caps is irrelevant and doesn’t lend any more credence to anything else you say

when I buy everything I said I would re: PS5 I’ll post the receipt(s)

I’m buying both the XSX and the PS5 (with drive) so the “cheapest” option argument is irrelevant to me

my main contention was this ridiculous statement...

PS5 with games and accessories will easily cost over $1000

...which you’ve already tempered...

To act as if you wont need to spend upwards to $1000

Last edited:

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Breh... Are we having a grown conversation or not?

The point is...if financing interest isn't an issue, it is better to spend 25$ a month over the course of 4 months instead of $100 all at the same time.

Money changes in value over time.
If I said I could give you $10 today, or $10 next year, you'd rather have the money now, because you can do something with it, instead of just waiting for it.
So we'd say that ten dollars today is worth more than ten dollars next week which is worth more than ten dollars next year. That's the basic idea behind interest.
Time value of money is just a way to figure it out quantitatively (using numbers). If ten dollars next year is worth less than ten dollars today, how much less? If I offered you $9 today, or $10 next year, maybe you'd change your mind.
We'd say that the NPV, the *net present value* of $10 next year is whatever amount you'd be willing to trade it for today. If you'd rather have $9.51 today than $10 next year, but you'd rather have $10 next year than $9.49 today, we'd say that the NPV of $10 next year is $9.50.
This is done to help calculate expenses and investments. If I said I would give you $10 today, $11 next month, $13 next year, $20 next decade, or $100 in a century, which would you rather have? Not an easy question, til you calculate the NPV of each.

For a save conscious person, who is reliable, this finance option is a very good deal.

Damn and here I thought people who finances were suckers, because they usually make you pay more in the long term:ohhh:

I always buy outright, but your saying financing is better, when there's no interest?

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Damn and here I thought people who finances were suckers, because they usually make you pay more in the long term:ohhh:

I always buy outright, but your saying financing is better, when there's no interest?
No, you're actually right. 9 times out of 10, buying outright is the better thing to do if you can.

The reason is exactly what you thought; interest makes the overall payments way too much more than the original cost.

This situation is unique because msft is allowing a finance option WITH NO INTEREST.

GZR

Final round
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
UK prices for Xbox All Access:

rB6RXE4.png

I can see this offer being popular here in the UK as we are unfortunately very addicted to credit, with the problem being even worse with younger people.