Xbox Series X and Series S: $499 and $299 - November 10th Launch

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I don't think there's any way Sony goes over 500 now that Microsoft announced. If anything they may undercut them by 50.
They’re not going to

They can either go to $500 and lose money compared to the cost to build it or go even lower and lose even more money and just hope it completes outsells the SX..

But even if the S is just as powerful or SLIGHTLY less than PS5 then :mjlol:...

shyt, I might even cop the S first. Whats all it’s missing compared to the SX?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I like the S more than the SX honestly :ehh:

Might cop both... there’s literally like only one game I want from that giant ass PS5 and I already forgot what it was and it’s not even a launch game.

Plus, not even certain it will have backwards capability.. Ill just keep my PS Pro then. Still got games I haven’t even tried to beat.

And I might finance the SX too. Just depends, since I will also be upgrading my TV in a few months...

nikkas talking like the financing part with zero interest (if true) isn’t a smart move during a pandemic :mjlol:

Especially if you know you could just pay it off if you want.

But I probably won’t, it’s nice to have options though :ehh:

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
I'm intrigued.... saying this as a Sony user.

Sony has to come down on the pricing on the all digital version and/or phase out the disc version (which they'll ultimately do anyways). As long as the titles have consistent frame rates, the difference in resolution between 1080p and 4k is miniscule (IMHO). I still want to see how the S performs, but this is fantastic news!

Microsoft may still get outsold by Sony, but it won't be by a landslide (2‐3:1+ ratio). Many people and families will have both consoles in their home this generation.

Being able to play Gears, Killer Instinct, Perfect Dark Reboot and Ori, MS first party games that hold in high regard, may compell me to purchase an S series (after I buy my PS5)

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
And this is actually great news for Larry Station stans... PS5 HAS to come down now... maybe even under $500.

Series X most likely will be more powerful/efficient, but it’s at $500... now they have to drop PS5 to atleast $500.

But then, out of nowhere, you can get a slightly underpowered SX in the Series S for $200 cheaper...

And it’s possible it could be just as powerful or much slightly below the PS5..

Old xbox owners don’t have to change ANYTHING either... no new controllers, no newer versions of games they own... shyt is optimized already and built to go. I can still gameshare with buddies who are on the original XBOX One if need be :wow:

So not only do PS5 owners got to buy a whole new system, they might have to repurchase certain games, repurchase devices, etc...

Does PSVR even work with the 5?

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
And this is actually great news for Larry Station stans... PS5 HAS to come down now... maybe even under $500.

Series X most likely will be more powerful/efficient, but it’s at $500... now they have to drop PS5 to atleast $500.

But then, out of nowhere, you can get a slightly underpowered SX in the Series S for $200 cheaper...

And it’s possible it could be just as powerful or much slightly below the PS5..

Old xbox owners don’t have to change ANYTHING either... no new controllers, no newer versions of games they own... shyt is optimized already and built to go. I can still gameshare with buddies who are on the original XBOX One if need be :wow:

So not only do PS5 owners got to buy a whole new system, they might have to repurchase certain games, repurchase devices, etc...

Does PSVR even work with the 5?
PS4 games and PSVR will work with the PS5. PS4 controllers are not going to work with PS5 games.

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
So Microsoft blinked first :russ:

They better hope the PS5 DE is not $399 otherwise this console is DOA. For just $100 more you can get a much more powerful console which has the same power as the standard edition PS5.

Not true.... Casuals are gonna see the price point and gravitate to the cheaper console. Hardcore gamers that don't have an issue with a small performance drop that want to play games like Gears, Killer Instinct, Forza, Ori... and hopefully Perfect Dark, will spend the $300 to have an S series console.

That $400 prospective price point for the DE may not be an issue for the Sony faithful (I'm one of those), however, the casuals will eat this up.

For $300, and the titles I mentioned, I cannot pass on this. I love Sony first party titles, but 4k isn't a big concern for me.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not true.... Casuals are gonna see the price point and gravitate to the cheaper console. Hardcore gamers that don't have an issue with a small performance drop that want to play games like Gears, Killer Instinct, Forza, Ori... and hopefully Perfect Dark, will spend the $300 to have an S series console.

That $400 prospective price point for the DE may not be an issue for the Sony faithful (I'm one of those), however, the casuals will eat this up.

For $300, and the titles I mentioned, I cannot pass on this. I love Sony first party titles, but 4k isn't a big concern for me.
Theres been a cheap $299 Xbox on the market for years and casuals still picked the PS4 but I'm sure this time things will be different :mjgrin: