Xbox Series X and Series S: $499 and $299 - November 10th Launch

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Honestly, I wonder if this will work like it did with the iPhone, Apple dropped the budget friendly (well, for apple it was) iPhone XR and the more expensive phones still outsold it. Most likely due to Apple/carrier financing.

if they are offering financing for the consoles then it’s only a few more dollars a month. Might as well get the series x beast.

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
Spend $300 for a weak “next gen” console so you can watch Hulu and HBO max brehs. I have lost faith in Xbox, and besides those who were planning on getting a series x there is no hype around this shyt.

This is my problem with next gen in a nut shell.

I'm really worried that most of the games I'm looking for won't come out till the middle of 2021.

fukk is the point in buying a console at full price when all you'll really be able to do is play the few do-do launch games coming out and watch hulu and netflix.

This goes for xbox and sony.

Nothing has caught my eye yet, and you just reminded me why I'm still probably not going to buy a console until 2021. You'll probably be able to cop one off the street by then cheaper than retail. :laugh:

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
If you just play major AAA multiplats and whatever AA or Indie game is hot at the moment (Stardew Valley, Goose Game, Hollow Knight, etc.) then I see no issue with getting a Series X over a PS5. :yeshrug: It will probaby be a better value for you given the specs and Game Pass. And let's be honest, there are a lot of gamers like that.

It's not about to outsell the PS5 though. :whoa:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is the console yours or are you just leasing it ...

If you don’t pay your bill does Uncle Phil show up and repo your shyt ?

does this include Xbox live ?

I'm guess you are leasing to own, it's currently 0% interest and you own or can upgrade later.

I'm also guessing that if you don't pay they just lock you out via your mac address as soon as you check in online.

Since it's impossible to game without checking in online at some point now

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Dont agree. There are arguments for a 399 DE beyond the cost of the disk drive.

Guess we’ll see.

All of that could be true. I'm on the record and I'll restate it, I don't think the PS5 we are getting is the PS5 as it was originally envisioned. Because of PS3 PSTD, they were firmly fixated on a $399 price point for a PS5, the 9.2TF version. When learned that their competition is foregoing at price point again, but with a console that actually was competent, was enough to scramble to what we see the PS5 is now. They had to overcompensate and in overcompensating in tech, you spend more. The size of the PS5 seems to be the dead giveaway. Slower GPU, CPU and RAM and yet it is a bigger box.

A former XBox staffer said this.

Those high frequencies come with a cost. That cooling system is going to be pricey. The PS5 dev kits showed us this. That damn thing has vents everywhere. I don't know where the manufacturing is on this or their current BOM is but I don't think that Sony can afford the hit. I would not even be surprised to see $499 for both. I honestly wouldn't. The PS4 is a elegant console for what is inside of it. The PS5 is not. I don't think Sony is going to deliver the pricing that some are hoping for. I think costs ran amok and Sony is going to draw a line in the sand on cost internally.

Travelnomad

Banned
Daps
Honestly, I wonder if this will work like it did with the iPhone, Apple dropped the budget friendly (well, for apple it was) iPhone XR and the more expensive phones still outsold it. Most likely due to Apple/carrier financing.

if they are offering financing for the consoles then it’s only a few more dollars a month. Might as well get the series x beast.

actually they are