Xbox game pass now to include all Microsoft titles day one!!!

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
That's the koolaid they sold you :mjlol:
nikka the CPU in that PS4 is weak as fukk nikka. Both Xbox One and PS4 have weaker CPU’s than the PS3. Reason Xbox One can emulate 360 games is cause while the architecture is different. It isnt as cpu dependant as the PS3 was. Ive seen complete hardware breakdowns on all this shyt. Damn u nikkas in this section are all willfully ignorant in favor of this console war bullshyt that u have no stock in. I was actually CRITICIZING Sony for making the PS4 so damn weak if u take off ya damn stan goggles. If Microsoft had the exclusive library they have the ability to STOMP Sony on the low. Cause what Sony doesnt want u to believe is that their console is too weak to do what Microsoft is doing.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
nikka the CPU in that PS4 is weak as fukk nikka. Both Xbox One and PS4 have weaker CPU’s than the PS3. Reason Xbox One can emulate 360 games is cause while the architecture is different. It isnt as cpu dependant as the PS3 was. Ive seen complete hardware breakdowns on all this shyt. Damn u nikkas in this section are all willfully ignorant in favor of this console war bullshyt that u have no stock in. I was actually CRITICIZING Sony for making the PS4 so damn weak if u take off ya damn stan goggles. If Microsoft had the exclusive library they have the ability to STOMP Sony on the low. Cause what Sony doesnt want u to believe is that their console is too weak to do what Microsoft is doing.
Drink Sony koolaid then type up long dumb ass posts brehs :mjlol:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
$10 a month vs $60 a pop
dont need a phd to do the math there
$10 I'll never get back for a list of games I may not play vs $48 for a game I can keep forever with the possibility of selling it.
I gave them props already.
It's a solid move.
The deal will be great for some, for me, not so much.
I already own all the old games I want to play and XBOX is backwards compatible. I don't need to pay for a service to play games I already own, (or care to own).
It isn't a simple math thing for me. It's "will I play the games I don't already have".
For me, the service wont necessarily pay for itself like Best Buy GCU has.
If you're looking at this strictly for the new games that will be included, the math starts to fall apart a little.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
$10 I'll never get back for a list of games I may not play vs $48 for a game I can keep forever with the possibility of selling it.
I gave them props already.
It's a solid move.
The deal will be great for some, for me, not so much.
I already own all the old games I want to play and XBOX is backwards compatible. I don't need to pay for a service to play games I already own, (or care to own).
It isn't a simple math thing for me. It's "will I play the games I don't already have".
For me, the service wont necessarily pay for itself like Best Buy GCU has.
If you're looking at this strictly for the new games that will be included, the math starts to fall apart a little.
Not really. Microsoft always drops at least two big budget games and a couple smaller ones per year. You'll easily save money on this year in and year out. That's if you usually buy those games.

Conversely if you only like some of the games it's still cheaper to do the games pass for a month or two. Instead of paying full price for them.

I know you place a lot of value in having a physical copy, but just looking at money spent. Game pass will almost always save you money.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Not really. Microsoft always drops at least two big budget games and a couple smaller ones per year. You'll easily save money on this year in and year out. That's if you usually buy those games.

Conversely if you only like some of the games it's still cheaper to do the games pass for a month or two. Instead of paying full price for them.

I know you place a lot of value in having a physical copy, but just looking at money spent. Game pass will almost always save you money.
If you cut off the game pass subscription you lose the games right?
It depends on the exclusives you're interested in. Right now, I'm semi-interested in Crackdown 3. Sea of Thieves is 50/50 for me at the moment.
I'd be paying $120 to have access to those games for one year and if I cut off the sub I don't have them anymore.
If I bought them outright at $48 a piece, it's $96 and I don't have to pay again to play them a year or 2 later if I want. Even if MS dropped 4 must have exclusives this year that they included in the program, I would have to have an active subscription to have access to the game.
Either way, for me, ownership is always going to win, and to me that's the only point that matters.
For those that like renting this is a very good deal. I'm not knocking it at all. I've given MS props. I'm just saying, the program doesn't appeal to me, and giving the reasons why. (Which are similar to the reasons I never bought into Sony's PS Now subs)

Changing gears a bit though...This program is very telling to me as to where we are going in terms of how we consume entertainment.
The music industry is a complete mess because these companies still haven't figured out how to properly monetize streaming and compensate everyone fairly for their work.
It's interesting to watch how the idea of entertainment as a service instead of a product is completely re-shaping the market.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It depends on the exclusives you're interested in. Right now, I'm semi-interested in Crackdown 3. Sea of Thieves is 50/50 for me at the moment.
I'd be paying $120 to have access to those games for one year and if I cut off the sub I don't have them anymore.
If I bought them outright at $48 a piece, it's $96 and I don't have to pay again to play them a year or 2 later if I want. Even if MS dropped 4 must have exclusives this year that they included in the program, I would have to have an active subscription to have access to the game.
Either way, for me, ownership is always going to win, and to me that's the only point that matters.
For those that like renting this is a very good deal. I'm not knocking it at all. I've given MS props. I'm just saying, the program doesn't appeal to me, and giving the reasons why. (Which are similar to the reasons I never bought into Sony's PS Now subs)

Changing gears a bit though...This program is very telling to me as to where we are going in terms of how we consume entertainment.
The music industry is a complete mess because these companies still haven't figured out how to properly monetize streaming and compensate everyone fairly for their work.
It's interesting to watch how the idea of entertainment as a service instead of a product is completely re-shaping the market.
There is no way to fairly compensate artists for streaming on a per listen basis while at the same time giving customer unlimited listens to a large catalog at a low flat rate.

With Netflix they produce the content so they own it. The actors are paid and hands are washed of them by the company. With music the label would basically have to buy the rights of the music from the artist and own it outright with no further entitlement to the artist. Artists won't want that.

Some label paying them $100,000 for an album then owning the full rights to the music isn't gonna sound appealing to them.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That $96 is a bit off considering you have to pay your way into that discount plan. In that sense there are plenty of discount or rewards plans you could tap in to in order to reduce the price of games pass. I think for this comparison using retail would be most fair.

For that $120 you'd get a lot more than just two games. And even if you say you are only interested in those two games. You could only sub until you got done playing them, which would be a lot cheaper than purchasing.

You should make a thread on it :ehh:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Smart guys, for years this one nikka said Xbox live would eventually turn into a cable company, Games would be provided like how Sega did with Comcast.

Gamepass is going cloud based, I said I it was a big deal :ld:

Now you see this, but you still don't see how this signals no need for a console next gen since the cloud will be able to stream next gen games by the time next gen arrives.

So I guess Courtdog was right all this time. Throw yourselves into the kennel you dumb muthafukkaz :snoop:
You forgot to @PS4.
Nah, he was talking to the broke fakkit who sleeps next to a lawnmower :umad:
Can @PS4 afford it tho?

:patrice:
I couldn't at first, but then your mom was like "here ya go baby" and spotted a nikka a $10. I personally feel like I earned it, made sure she got hers before the session was over nah mean. I wasn't selfish, took my time, rubbed my nose in it like a bad dog :manny:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
There is no way to fairly compensate artists for streaming on a per listen basis while at the same time giving customer unlimited listens to a large catalog at a low flat rate.

With Netflix they produce the content so they own it. The actors are paid and hands are washed of them by the company. With music the label would basically have to buy the rights of the music from the artist and own it outright with no further entitlement to the artist. Artists won't want that.

Some label paying them $100,000 for an album then owning the full rights to the music isn't gonna sound appealing to them.
It's definitely complicated and in the end it hurts the creatives and it hurts the consumer. (One more than the other of course but to what degree is debatable.)
Maybe record labels and creatives everywhere should refuse to play ball with these streaming companies until compensation is sorted out.
It'll never happen at this point, but imagine if every creative refused to allow their content on streaming services. They would have much more negotiating power. As it is now, creatives are powerless due to the way consumer behavior has completely changed. If you want to sell a product, you have to have it available for streaming now, and it's near impossible to charge for the music since there is always a free streaming option even if it is ad supported.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
It's definitely complicated and in the end it hurts the creatives and it hurts the consumer. (One more than the other of course but to what degree is debatable.)
Maybe record labels and creatives everywhere should refuse to play ball with these streaming companies until compensation is sorted out.
It'll never happen at this point, but imagine if every creative refused to allow their content on streaming services. They would have much more negotiating power. As it is now, creatives are powerless due to the way consumer behavior has completely changed. If you want to sell a product, you have to have it available for streaming now, and it's near impossible to charge for the music since there is always a free streaming option even if it is ad supported.
Which the artist get revenue from