X-Men: The Animated Series Revived for Disney+

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
I’m on the fence. Loved the cartoon growing up, but looking back on it today, Nightcrawler and Colossus should have been regulars. On top of that, modern Marvel isn’t what it was in the Jim Shooter days.

Unpopular opinion: The late 70s/early 80s Chris Claremont era of the comics was the real high point of the series, not the 90s. Most of the really classic stories came from that late 70s/early 80s era. (The Phoenix/Dark Phoenix sagas, Days of Future Past, God Loves Man Kills, Wolverine in Japan, the New Mutants, the Morlock Massacre, etc.)

A cartoon series with Paul Smith’s art style would be goated :banderas:

They did in the late 80’s, it was called Pyrde of the X-Men and it got canceled after one episode. In fact Konami’s X-Men arcade video game is based on that one episode alone.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
it hasnt been in production that long. i believe they found her from that hashtag tho. she wouldnt be allowed to post that shyt if it was production work.. covid didnt really pause much animation work.

I been in tv/film productions for 14 years in nyc, you'd be surprised how long a production would be in a "pre-production" state with just a skeleton crew. I doubt she drew those designs with a xmen92 hashtag and got hired because of it, she was just part of development from the very beginning

Finding her thru a hashtag is some hit the lotto shyt, no way she created the basis for the name of the show plus the design for the characters 3 years ago and got found and hired by marvel. This shyt been in the works for a while

Last edited:

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
They did in the late 80’s, it was called Pyrde of the X-Men and it got canceled after one episode. In fact Konami’s X-Men arcade video game is based on that one episode alone.

I must have rented this from the video store about 80 times back in the day Logan was Australian for some reason :russ:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The way I personally see it, the more comic book movies, the better for me as a fan

Me too. That said.. show me a better acting performance than Phoenix or Ledger as Joker. Show me better cinematography than Nolan's trilogy. Show me a better female lead than Gal Gadot. Show me better special effects than Man of Steel or Wan's Aquaman.

You're the one who wanted to have that conversation so show me :manny:

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That type of OG style animation is rather expensive and time consuming. It's also out of date as well as which is why you're seeing OG animated shows coming back with new looks.

People have to understand there’s a reason why What If was a hybrid show even the show runners for that series said they wanted it to be 2-D animated but the people they outsource too were busy
Checked IMDB page of the OG
Cyclops, Apocalypse, Sabertooth, Magneto, Juggernaut all dead:mjcry:

Juggernaut and Sabertooth was voiced by Cree Summers dad I loved their voice clips in the MVC games.

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm not too excited since they'll probably Disneyified it. We had quality Marvel animated shows in the 2000s with Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Spectacular Spider-Man, and Wolverine and The X-Men get canceled to be replaced with Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spider-Man, etc. :scust:

Plus the 90s animated series was basically the Claremont 70s and 80s stories with 90s characters/costumes. A lot has happened in the decades since the show went off the air. I don't want to see a new interpretation of Days of Future Past, The Dark Phoenix Saga, etc. :unimpressed:

I’d definitely love to see X-Cutioners song animated and Maybe Fatal Attractions/Onslaught but that one is kinda iffy

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
I been in tv/film productions for 14 years in nyc, you'd be surprised how long a production would be in a "pre-production" state with just a skeleton crew. I doubt she drew those designs with a xmen92 hashtag and got hired because of it, she was just part of development from the very beginning

Finding her thru a hashtag is some hit the lotto shyt, no way she created the basis for the name of the show plus the design for the characters 3 years ago and got found and hired by marvel. This shyt been in the works for a while
I know people on this show :yeshrug:

and I know for a fact studios use hashtags to find artist. I was in a zoom in September and they was talking about that stuff :hubie:

edit: also you cant post preproduction stuff on IG and use it to make stickers. folks sign NDAs and cant show any art until AFTER the 1st ep drops.

Last edited:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
I know people on this show :yeshrug:

and I know for a fact studios use hashtags to find artist. I was in a zoom in September and they was talking about that stuff :hubie:

Not saying you're wrong,, I'm sure they do. But the show is called xmen97. I just highly doubt her hashtag also help name the show, I think its more likely the show was in early development when she used the hashtag #xmen92 and posted those pictures. She's also did the designs for "what if" which I'm pretty sure was announced around that time she posted those pictures

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Not saying you're wrong,, I'm sure they do. But the show is called xmen97. I just highly doubt her hashtag also help name the show, I think its more likely the show was in early development when she used the hashtag #xmen92 and posted those pictures. She's also did the designs for "what if" which I'm pretty sure was announced around that time she posted those pictures
i edited. but she couldnt have posted those pictures back in 2018 if she was working on it.

what probably happened was she posted those pics, the studio saw it and she was hired to work on what if. she got hired for what in in summer of 2019 (dont ask me how i know). marvel got xmen back in 2019 and she got rolled over right into xmen summer of 2020 :hubie:

sorry for thread derailment friends