X-Men: The Animated Series Revived for Disney+

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I'm not too excited since they'll probably Disneyified it. We had quality Marvel animated shows in the 2000s with Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Spectacular Spider-Man, and Wolverine and The X-Men get canceled to be replaced with Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spider-Man, etc. :scust:

Plus the 90s animated series was basically the Claremont 70s and 80s stories with 90s characters/costumes. A lot has happened in the decades since the show went off the air. I don't want to see a new interpretation of Days of Future Past, The Dark Phoenix Saga, etc. :unimpressed:

That last part, son lol. I want to know what they’re adapting. Or are they just creating new stories in the vein of Claremont

This is a good point but they put emphasis on the fact that they are continuing the story so it would be stupid to re-adapt storylines they've already used.

I'd say House of M and it's following plots is probably the biggest X-Men story since the show ended so I'd like to see that.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They did in the late 80’s, it was called Pyrde of the X-Men and it got canceled after one episode. In fact Konami’s X-Men arcade video game is based on that one episode alone.

I've seen this before, and it could have been a dope series. Just swap Dazzler for Rogue/Jean and get a better voice actor for Wolverine. :mjcry:
It is what it is though :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps

I'd rather them do continuation shows for "Wolverine & the X-Men", which got cancelled after 1 season only because of Disney buying Marvel, & 90's "Spider-Man: The Animated Series" which ended with a MAJOR unresolved cliffhanger storyline.

:mjlol:Agree 100%. Wolverine & the X-Men was actually going places from a narrative standpoint, would have loved to see that continued and concluded. Continuing the OG series just sounds like a name drop and nothing more.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
:mjlol:Agree 100%. Wolverine & the X-Men was actually going places from a narrative standpoint, would have loved to see that continued and concluded. Continuing the OG series just sounds like a name drop and nothing more.

My body was ready for the Age Of Apocalypse arc too. :mjcry:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
images

:takedat:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Trader!!! Your future ends now

Y'all dont know the trauma and confusion this scene and whole arc caused a young bruh watching this growing up.

My fav character on the show getting the shotty pointed at his face by the only black male Mutant with a S-curl.

shyt had me all the way conflicted :to: