X-Men: The Animated Series Revived for Disney+

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I’m on the fence. Loved the cartoon growing up, but looking back on it today, Nightcrawler and Colossus should have been regulars. On top of that, modern Marvel isn’t what it was in the Jim Shooter days.

Unpopular opinion: The late 70s/early 80s Chris Claremont era of the comics was the real high point of the series, not the 90s. Most of the really classic stories came from that late 70s/early 80s era. (The Phoenix/Dark Phoenix sagas, Days of Future Past, God Loves Man Kills, Wolverine in Japan, the New Mutants, the Morlock Massacre, etc.)

A cartoon series with Paul Smith’s art style would be goated :banderas:

This! :salute:I got into comics due to Jim Lee's X-Men but I got hooked reading my older cousins X-Men comics from the early 80s. That lineup of Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, and later Rogue was one of the best lineups ever! Everyone always talks about the 90s X-Men and Morrison's 2000s run but that 80s run is gold! :banderas:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This! :salute:I got into comics due to Jim Lee's X-Men but I got hooked reading my older cousins X-Men comics from the early 80s. That lineup of Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, and later Rogue was one of the best lineups ever! Everyone always talks about the 90s X-Men and Morrison's 2000s run but that 80s run is gold! :banderas:
Did you peep the Claremont doc on Amazon?

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I hope it’s not a 1:1 continuation of it. I’m hoping they understand that there target audience are late 20’s and up.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They should hire Hickman as EP and let h him do the Dawn of X story he wanted to tell without the other writers screwing it up.

Daps
Ehhhh Marvel has the better theater movies

Not even that :mjlol:

@Neo The Resurrected ONE lost his got damn mind..

Breh, I'm not even on the DC vs Marvel train per se.... The way I personally see it, the more comic book movies, the better for me as a fan. I go watch both Marvel and DC in theaters (well I did before the pandemic) on Day One.

With that being said....Are you seriously telling me from an objective point of view, that the DC movie verse is better than the MCU?

:dwillhuh:

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm not too excited since they'll probably Disneyified it. We had quality Marvel animated shows in the 2000s with Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Spectacular Spider-Man, and Wolverine and The X-Men get canceled to be replaced with Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spider-Man, etc. :scust:

Plus the 90s animated series was basically the Claremont 70s and 80s stories with 90s characters/costumes. A lot has happened in the decades since the show went off the air. I don't want to see a new interpretation of Days of Future Past, The Dark Phoenix Saga, etc. :unimpressed:

All of these shows were great. Would love to see them revived as long as they stuck with the original vibe

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

These epic Disney announcements shocked the world! For this list, we’ll be looking at the most titillating pieces of information Disney unveiled during the streaming service’s anniversary celebration on November 12, 2021. Our countdown includes Disney Animation First Looks, "X-Men ‘97” Announcement, MCU Announcements, and more! Which of these upcoming projects are you most excited about? Geek out about it in the comments!

#Disney #Film #TV #MCU #Baymax #XMen97 #DisneyPlusDay #Disney+ #Animation #SpiderwickChronicles

I feel some type of way about Disney+ doing a new continuation series of 90's "X-Men: The Animated Series" seeing as the show got 5 seasons & a proper ending.

I'd rather them do continuation shows for "Wolverine & the X-Men", which got cancelled after 1 season only because of Disney buying Marvel, & 90's "Spider-Man: The Animated Series" which ended with a MAJOR unresolved cliffhanger storyline.

LOL, you can see people in the replies begging Disney+ to bring back "The Spectacular Spider-Man" animated series. Sony produced & owns the right to that show. You got to beg Sony bring back that show. But even if Sony wanted to bring back "The Spectacular Spider-Man" 2 big problems:

1. Sony gave away their Spider-Man TV rights back to Marvel/Disney sometime after Disney bought Marvel. Realistically if Sony was serious about brining back "The Spectacular Spider-Man" animated series, they'd once again have to work out some deal with Marvel/Disney.

2. The executive producer/showrunner of "The Spectacular Spider-Man" series, Greg Weisman, is too busy being the executive producer/showrunner of "Young Justice".