"X-Men" spinoff movie "The New Mutants" thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I wouldn’t be surprised if all the reshoots of this and dark Phoenix are to eliminate world building aspects and make both movies stand alone/closure instead.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I guess Jon Hamm was cool in Baby Driver, but i still don't think the dude is a movie star.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Wait warlock isnt in this?

Talk about throwing money down the drain. Coulda been foxs groot.

Cant wait til this deal is done. This shyt is just gettin ridicu. Bringing in banderas over hamm as sinister. Not like wed see it anyway tbh.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Wait warlock isnt in this?

Talk about throwing money down the drain. Coulda been foxs groot.

Cant wait til this deal is done. This shyt is just gettin ridicu. Bringing in banderas over hamm as sinister. Not like wed see it anyway tbh.
Rumor is Warlock was part of an early draft of the script but he was cut to save money.

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
Hamm cant catch a break in Hollywood

Im all for these films prepping for the reboot. And New Mutants becoming more horror

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Out of all the comic book movies in 2018 I was looking forward to this and Black Panther the most. A lot of these films are getting too formulaic. They're entertaining but forgettable. A superhero horror flick is different than the usual group of heroes gather to together to save the world against a forgettable villain. The Demon Bear saga is dope and I wanted to see if on film.

We need these films to take on more risks and be different like Logan and Deadpool(which I didn't care for much but appreciated it for going against the grain).

I hope whatever changes are for the best but I'm getting Fantastic 4 vibes again. :francis:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:mjlol: probably scrambling to put more black people in it :mjlol:
This was actually my first impression :pachaha:

I don't really care about New Mutants but it didn't escape me that Roberto/Sunspot is a dark skinned Brazilian yet they found the lightest skinned latino they could get to play breh in the film :mjlol: Shades of what they stay doing with Storm, Fox just can't help themselves in that regard. So yea i legit thought Fox saw black panther, saw infinity war trailer [largely in wakanda], saw the "shift", then looked back at their movie like "we fukked up.. :francis:"

Probably not, but i was still like 'watch this new character be black...' :dead:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was actually my first impression :pachaha:

I don't really care about New Mutants but it didn't escape me that Roberto/Sunspot is a dark skinned Brazilian yet they found the lightest skinned latino they could get to play breh in the film :mjlol: Shades of what they stay doing with Storm, Fox just can't help themselves in that regard. So yea i legit thought Fox saw black panther, saw infinity war trailer [largely in wakanda], saw the "shift", then looked back at their movie like "we fukked up.. :francis:"

Probably not, but i was still like 'watch this new character be black...' :dead:
To be fair to fox on this point the x-men comics start it first when sunspot was first got his power active it was to defend himself from racism attacking him for being black while he was playing soccer. but as the year gone by he kept getting drew to be be lighter and lighter so it start with the comics doing that first. That why I just cant get in to sunspot in anymore the x-man comics white wash him to much.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
To be fair to fox on this point the x-men comics start it first when sunspot was first got his power active it was to defend himself from racism attacking him for being black while he was playing soccer. but as the year gone by he kept getting drew to be be lighter and lighter so it start with the comics doing that first. That why I just cant get in to sunspot in anymore the x-man comics white wash him to much.
He damn near looks white in U.S. Avengers. :francis:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
'New Mutants' Is Going "Full-Fledged Horror" According to Charlie Heaton

20th Century Fox has made plenty of different X-Men movie over the years, but none quite like the upcoming New Mutants. Unlike its superhero predecessors, this movie is going to be a much darker affair.

In fact, New Mutants is going to be so dark that one of the film's stars is calling it a "full-fledged horror" flick.

While speaking to EW about his new movie Marrowbone (also a horror movie), Charlie Heatonsaid that the tone of New Mutants was completely different from any X-Men property that's come before it.

"It's basically about these mutants in a facility for damaged mutants," Heaton said. "It's a story about these characters coming to grips with who they are and it's a horror X-Men movie, which we haven't seen before. I feel like, for an X-Men movie, yeah, I think they're going full-fledged horror. Without saying too much – I really don't want to give away too much what it's about, it's very under wraps – but it is, in terms of anything we've seen in the X-Men world, it's definitely a horror film. It's scarier than anything we've seen in that genre."

If there's someone who knows a bit about horror movies, it's Charlie Heaton. The actor burst onto the scene in 2016 with a starring role in Netflix's acclaimed series Stranger Things, in addition to starring in horror films Marrowbone and Shut In.

As the interview continued, Heaton went on to offer some details about the character that he's playing, one that Marvel Comics fans will be all too familiar with.

"I play Sam Guthrie, whose mutant name is Cannonball," the actor confirmed. "Sam comes from Kentucky, and he's kind of a working-class boy, and he has the ability to project himself through the sky like a cannonball."

New Mutants was originally supposed to be released into theaters in the United States today, on April 13. However, the movie was pushed back more than a year for extensive reshoots, and will now premiere on August 2, 2019. The reshoots are reportedly aiming to make the movie a bit scarier, and add another character into the mix.

What do you think about the tone of New Mutants? Are you excited to have a horror movie based in the X-Men universe? Let us know what you think by dropping a line in the comment section below!

New Mutants is currently scheduled to hit theaters on Aug 2, 2019. In the meantime, the next X-Men film to be released is Deadpool 2, which will arrive on May 18.