"X-Men" spinoff movie "The New Mutants" thread

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Reshoots aint even been shot yet :laff:

The purchase of 20th Century Fox has finally completed, and now the Walt Disney Company as a lot of more assets in its vast library. Many fans are excited about the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe with the X-Men coming into the picture. But there's still more movies to go before the inevitable reboot, including the strange and confusing mess that is The New Mutants.

The movie's release date was delayed for over a year, meant to be released last April and is now set for later this August. The film was supposed to have received reshoots, but according to actress Maisie Williams, those never took place.

Williams spoke with Rolling Stone about the project, bluntly saying, "who knows when the f*ck that’s gonna come out." She explained the reshoots were meant to "make it scarier," as previous reports indicated. But she makes it clear that those reshoots have yet to happen. “Hopefully this interview will make everyone hurry up a little bit!” She noted that she spoke to co-star Charlie Heaton recently and that he also had no idea what was going on with the film.

Maisie Williams Confirms 'The New Mutants' Reshoots Have Not Happened

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Has there been a movie more mismanaged in recent times like this? It's like every time I hear about this something is fukked up.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
The New Mutants Gets a New Release Date From Disney

The Walt Disney Company sent out an official slate of upcoming films from all of its various properties on Tuesday morning, showing the plans of certain franchises all the way through 2027. While the years way in the future are mostly up in the air, we now have plenty of clarity about the next couple, and what Disney is choosing to do with everything it acquired after purchasing 21st Century Fox. This includes The New Mutants, the X-Men based film that Fox was originally supposed to release last year.

There have been several issues with the production of New Mutants, including a round of tumultuous reshoots to make the film more frightening, though those never actually happened. Some wondered if Disney would ever actually release the movie now that the House of Mouse owns it, but it looks as though it will indeed see the light of day. In the announcement of the upcoming movie slate, Disney revealed that it has moved The New Mutants off of its August 2019 release date, instead choosing to give the film its debut on April 3, 2020.

The New Mutants was reportedly going to endure a massive round of reshoots in order to make the film scarier for audiences. However, before that could happen, Disney purchased Fox and the rights to the movie. With The New Mutants apparently being an issue for Fox, and the pending introduction of the X-Men into the MCU, the release of the movie seemed like it might not ever happen.

Yes, Disney delayed New Mutants once again, but this announcement means that the company still does have plans to put it into theaters. The new release date is also good for Disney considering that there will only be two Marvel movies hitting theaters in 2020. While The New Mutants likely won't be as successful at the box office as a film from the MCU, it will still help fill the void between Spider-Man: Far From Home and whatever Marvel's next release is.

:mjlol:

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
That movie is never seeing a theatrical release.

Yep and honestly it shouldn't, marvel can't afford to have this movie be the introduction to mutants and confuse the average fan. They need to shelve this film or delay it for years until after the X-Men are introduced and mutants are explained...I prefer the first option.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
full

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

• 75% of the movie is being reshot.
  • Josh Boone is back directing and a early version of Knate Lee script is beign used.
  • Horror elements are still a part of the movie.
  • New characters include: X-23, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Cypher and a brand new villain.
  • The budget will be bigger with more action and everything intensified.
  • Reshoots are planned for later this year (most likely this fall).
  • Demon Bear will be a lot more in the movie.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

• 75% of the movie is being reshot.
  • Josh Boone is back directing and a early version of Knate Lee script is beign used.
  • Horror elements are still a part of the movie.
  • New characters include: X-23, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Cypher and a brand new villain.
  • The budget will be bigger with more action and everything intensified.
  • Reshoots are planned for later this year (most likely this fall).
  • Demon Bear will be a lot more in the movie.

Well shyt, since they shooting that much more, they might as well just drop MCU easter eggs in it now :russ: