X-Men Release Date Shake-Up: Deadpool 2 moves May, New Mutants to Feb 2019, Gambit to June 2019

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
FrancisGambit.png~c100
:mjlol:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
this

Y'all really think gambit was more popular than Captain AMERICA??

Brehs... I think y'all are probably confusing "relevancy" with popularity

if you tell me that in the early 90's that Gambit was more RELEVANT than Captain America, I could go with that, because Gambit was a character on a hit cartoon

But in terms of popularity, more ppl knew the name of Captain America than they did Gambit

at no time in history was Gambit ever more popular than Captain America :mjlol:

it's like saying that X-Men were more popular than Superman in the 90's. Not more popular. Just more relevant since they had a hit cartoon series :yeshrug:

but Superman (:pacspit: that boy scout) takes the crown on popularity every day of the week

Captain America is an iconic character. Gambit isn't.

noone brought up being iconic. and iconic doesnt equal popularity. before his movie most people thought captain america was a boring character based on his name admitting that they havent read any of his series. he wasnt a popular character he just had a memorable name. that would be like saying uncle sam from dc is popular because people recognize the name.

Daps
noone brought up being iconic. and iconic doesnt equal popularity. before his movie most people thought captain america was a boring character based on his name admitting that they havent read any of his series. he wasnt a popular character he just had a memorable name. that would be like saying uncle sam from dc is popular because people recognize the name.

I see where you're coming from. And that's a great point

But still in all... Cap has always been more popular than Gambit

And if you grew up watching X Men like I did, then you know daggone well that if they announced a Gambit spinoff series, everybody would have been :dahell:

A movie based on Gambit is equally as ridiculous. The character (as it stands right now) doesn't have the gravitas to hold a movie together

And even if you wanna bring up GOTG or Iron Man or whatever... it's time to face it

Fox doesn't have the special stuff that Marvel and the Mouse seem to have when it comes to making audiences care about obscure characters

Fox just doesn't have it. They can't even make us concerned about FF4 or X-Men as a group... but they're supposed to get their act together when it comes to GAMBIT? :heh:

It took 3 Wolverine movies for them to get THAT right and he's a hugely popular character.

Gambit is gonna flop... hard. Remember you heard it here first :shaq2:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I see where you're coming from. And that's a great point

But still in all... Cap has always been more popular than Gambit

And if you grew up watching X Men like I did, then you know daggone well that if they announced a Gambit spinoff series, everybody would have been :dahell:

A movie based on Gambit is equally as ridiculous. The character (as it stands right now) doesn't have the gravitas to hold a movie together

And even if you wanna bring up GOTG or Iron Man or whatever... it's time to face it

Fox doesn't have the special stuff that Marvel and the Mouse seem to have when it comes to making audiences care about obscure characters

Fox just doesn't have it. They can't even make us concerned about FF4 or X-Men as a group... but they're supposed to get their act together when it comes to GAMBIT? :heh:

It took 3 Wolverine movies for them to get THAT right and he's a hugely popular character.

Gambit is gonna flop... hard. Remember you heard it here first :shaq2:

well agree to disagree on the gambit/captain america popularity thing.

but ive always been weary of gambit in fox' hands. the dont get the characters that they have, but people like them because they dont know any better. (who the fukk makes mystique a leader of the fukking xmen?)

that being said, a gambit movie could be done. someone just needs to know the character. and to be honest, it shouldnt be that difficult to do for that matter

On the 90s animated series not in anything else. Not comics and surely not that trash cartoon they had in 2001:hhh:

hes never been a popular character in the comics?

Lhark

Superstar
Daps
FrancisGambit.png~c100

Gambit doesn't really need his own movie, IMO. He works better as part of an ensemble.
I don't have a lot of high hopes for that Kitty Pryde movie they just announced, either.
The issue with X-men is that the family/team aspect is what makes the whole thing work. The X-men aren't the Avengers and they're not the Justice League. Most of them weren't designed to function independently as their own characters with their own solo stories and rogues galleries. Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man were all their own characters with their own stories before the Avengers took off for example.

Wolverine and Deadpool are the exceptions since they're among the few characters to have any truly classic solo stories that stood the test of time. While there are definitely some solo stories/series that I like from the other characters (Lifedeath 1 and 2 for example), the rest of the X-men don't really have any objectively super-classic solo stories that measure up to the original Frank Miller Wolverine miniseries, or Barry Windsor-Smith's Weapon X, IMO.
That smiley, wtf :laff: