X-Men Release Date Shake-Up: Deadpool 2 moves May, New Mutants to Feb 2019, Gambit to June 2019

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Iam I missing something that new mutants trailer looked retarded why wld u do a horror movie with mutants? Also why put Deadpool 2 with infinity war in May, sure it may help it but it cld also hurt it, it I’m not really worried for Deadpool just seems congested as hell. Then Disney adds solo to the mix like why

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone in the comments said it was tested as an R rating so hopefully it stays.

that gambit smiley though. I :laff: for like 5 min

MJlolCyclops_1.png

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
:damn: New Mutants got fukked and Solo is DOA :mjlol:

'X-Men' Shake-Up: 'Deadpool 2,' 'Gambit,' 'New Mutants' Get New Dates (Exclusive)

Fox is shaking up the release schedule of its X-Men movies, giving Deadpool 2, New Mutants and Gambit new opening dates.

In what is sure to be a treat for Deadpoolfans, the highly-anticipated sequel to the 2016 Ryan Reynolds smash is being pushed up two weeks, from June 1 to May 18.

The move put the action comedy against Sony's Slender Man, but more importantly, has it opening one week before Disney's Solo: A Star Wars Story. It’s a strategic play as even second weeks have been exceptionally strong for Star Wars movies. (The Last Jedi earned a big $71.5 million in its second weekend in December.)

New Mutants, Josh Boone’s horror-tinged take on Marvel’s teen heroes, gets pushed back by 10 months. The movie, which stars Anya Taylor-Joy, Maisie Williams and Charlie Heaton, is jumping from April 13 to Feb. 22, 2019.

Insiders say one reason for the change is for the studio not to have an overlap with X-Men movies in certain overseas marketplace, where Mutants and Deadpool 2 would have been in theaters at the same time.

Finally, Gambit is seeing its release date move from Feb. 14, 2019 to June 7, 2019. The Channing Tatum vehicle just lost its director — Gore Verbinski exited Thursday — and the search is on for a replacement.

But studio insiders believe the project, which is described as having a heavy comedic tone as it revolves around a heist, will do better as a summer Marvel movie.

New Mutants got royally fukked.. at this point Gambit just needs to get wrapped up cause the delays been too fuccin long. that shyt gettin stale now

Deadpool 2 is actually smart, the 2nd Solo #'s might affect its opening, hence pushing it 1 week before is smart

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
From an anon who worked on the movie. He posted about the movies problems before the delay on SHH

I was never against the idea of doing a New Mutants horror film. Early on it was being discussed as for what would've been the sequel. The clash was over how to introduce the New Mutants to the mainstream audience.

The outline we had early on was to start the franchise with a fun, light hearted, yet still edgy and real story about these kids with these incredible powers exploring them out in the public against the orders of their headmaster whom has "no choice" but to leave these kids alone in a mansion with no supervision due to an "emergency". It was very "Deadpool-esque". Roberto & Magik decide on a whim to go out into town and screw around with the normal people, and the others tag along. So they hilariously f around with the normies for awhile until they run into law enforcement and Roberto in a fit of anger inadvertently rips one of the cops arms off. Thats when things get serious and the government sends in the Sentinels. Not the sentinels we've seen in other X-Films. These are the freaking giant over the top Sentinels from the comics, purple and all that. They smash absolutely everything in their way trying to catch the mutants destroying much of the city all to the cheers of the completely oblivious civilians. The New Mutants eventually destroy the sentinels and return to the security of the empty mansion. The X-Men are mentioned as being away on a mission fighting "some big fat b*stard" at which point we shoot to a quick shot of the X-Men (in Jim Lee styled uniforms but we only see them from behind and they don't speak) from behind who are watching the Blob pulling a cat out of a tree and eating it, resulting in some of the X-Men puking. Xavier returns and strongly reprimands the New Mutants for their irresponsible behavior remarking about the "emergency mission" he had been on then and then we quickly cut to Xavier in bed with an unnamed redhead. (we only see Xavier from behind in the movie) The kids play a game of spin the bottle resulting in everyone kissing Roberto, and Rahne & Dani sharing an awkward yet enjoyed kiss. We cut to the next day, with all the New Mutants walking along the lake, appreciating the safe haven offered by Xavier and the Mansion. The mansion explodes to the shock of the New Mutants and we close with a closeup on Rahne saying "Oh ****!" (throughout the movie the other New mutants try to get Rahne to curse but she refuses).

Myself and others involved believed strongly that was the best way to INTRODUCE everyone to The New Mutants.

That was to be the first New Mutants movie.

We had a loose outline for the the sequel, that was much darker, with the New Mutants waking up in a military facility after the events of the first movie. This was the basic outline that Boone convinced Fox to run with.

Many involved thought that we couldn't successfully start this franchise with the darker horror themes that were on the table for what was supposed to be the sequel.

We simply thought it best to introduce these obscure characters that we cared about to the audience in a lighter tone, obviously connected to the X-Men, while still giving them something unlike any of the other X-men films. (except for Deadpool) Which meant big visuals, lots of superpowers and fun. Then we could explore darker tones once the franchise had been established by the first film.

Yes, we're kinda bitter over the direction they ended up taking, but many of us stayed on to try and do everything we could to right the ship so to say.

Out the all people I stayed in contact with afterwards who've seen the "final product" even those who came onboard after Boone that had nothing to do with early production, I haven't heard one positive review. Not even remotely positive. And I sure didn't enjoy it at all.

For what it's worth, I certainly don't know everyone who's seen it, so I would assume there's got to be some who enjoyed the it.

But Fox is in panic mode for a reason, and it ain't a good one. I legitimately hope these reshoots will help to save this movie. I don't believe they will, but I hope so. If this one is successful, that would mean a chance to do another one. And Fox knows who they should've listened to from the start now, so we'd love a chance to do another one that does these characters justice.