X-Men Release Date Shake-Up: Deadpool 2 moves May, New Mutants to Feb 2019, Gambit to June 2019

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Here's the beginning of his posts

He posted this a couple days before the delay news

I'm hearing bad things from people. Barely anyone outside of seriously hardcore X-Men comic readers have any idea who or what the New Mutants are. Combine that with the "horror" aspect and a general confusion and disinterest from the average moviegoer, and you've got a perfect recipe for failure. While Fox now understands these issues and are actively trying to fix this mess, I'm afraid that all the happy go lucky reshoots they can muster up won't save this one. Very sad.

After the news came out after being called a liar
Funny how that works ain't it, must be a coincidence.
Fox isnt doing anything to make the movie "darker" or "scarier". That is complete bs. Reshoots are being done to lighten the tone of the movie, make it flashier, & add much needed humor. Again, its just sad that JB was allowed to completely change the direction of this movie that some people worked really hard on in it's early stages and had seen such great potential in.

Movie is not being completely reshot. Budget/conflicting schedules do not allow for this. Maybe a quarter at the most being reshot. I "heard" the movie was bad.. Really bad. Fox thinks they can save it by adding humor and more lighthearted scenes. Not going to work. Very sad.

NM was originally intended to be a fun film focusing mostly on the mutants interactions with each other and exploring their powers, while headmaster was away on leave. Literally going out into public and using their powers like real teens would, messing around with normies. This attracts the attention of the govt. So Govt attacks school with ridiculously oversized skyscraper sized sentinels that smash everything in their way. It would've been freaking epic.

Seems to be a lot of confusion about what's going on with New Mutants, so for clarity purposes I'm going to sum it up for everyone.

This has nothing to do with Disney.

JB made a crappy horror movie that just happened to have the New Mutants in it.

Fox recognized their mistake shortly after the release of the trailer. The public reaction to the trailer was generally confusion & disinterest.

It will be released.

They are not doubling down on that pricks "genius vision" by making the film darker. Even Fox (believe it or not) understands this would be a bad idea.

Reshoots are intended to lighten the tone of this crappy horror movie that just happens to have the New Mutants in it.

Anyone who says this "film" tested even remotely positively is mistaken. Nobody likes JB's excrement (oh I'm sorry I meant movie).

Myself and the majority of the folks whom I worked with are of the opinion this movie cannot be fixed with reshoots alone. It's just that bad.

Fox has a complete "movie" that they've invested big money in. But they are too cheap to redo it all, so they're doing some reshoots in the hopes that they can break even.

I can personally confirm that people high up were warned beforehand that this would not work as a horror movie. They did not listen. I think in part because what was in the works before JB came aboard required a significant budget increase.

The only redeeming quality of this movie is the actors. They did a phenomenal job with what they had to work with. Yet another reason this whole thing is just sad.

Hope that covers it.
This was all Boone.
There's little to no chance of a sequel.
Fox cannot make this a good /successful movie without reshooting the whole thing minus the horror theme, with a new script and director.

Yes I have a bias against JB. I'll just put it this way, he's not a very kind individual when it comes to dealing with the "little people". But my statements regarding New Mutants are accurate. It is not a good movie. Some may like it when the final product hits the theatres, but there is a consensus among literally everyone I know that has seen this film as it is now, and that consensus is that the movie is bad. Real bad. Fox literally delayed this thing almost a year. And believe me, they didn't do that because it's a wonderful motion picture.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Times up. :francis:

Josh Boone Confirms New Mutants Rating, Lack of Superhero Costumes

At least they are going for the hardest PG-13 movie of all-time.:mjlol:

“There are no costumes. That alone makes it different."

Different than the best X-Men movies, that bodes well :pachaha:

They can’t be with the other kids at the X-Mansion. They’re too f***ed up. They’ve all killed people, whether intentionally or unintentionally.”
598aa36c3edddf582533d6f4f608722d.png

Since when has killing people disqualified someone from being an X-Man or even hanging out at the mansion? :heh: Xavier's School is where the fukked up kids go but Fox gave us a boring ass prep school. Can't wait until all this shyt gets rebooted :ahh:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

They can’t be with the other kids at the X-Mansion. They’re too f***ed up. They’ve all killed people, whether intentionally or unintentionally.”

Since when has killing people disqualified someone from being an X-Man or even hanging out at the mansion? :heh: Xavier's School is where the fukked up kids go but Fox gave us a boring ass prep school. Can't wait until all this shyt gets rebooted :ahh:

His explanation for everything made the movie sound horrible. lol

Owen Reece

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland

Can't be at the X-Mansion because they're fukked up in the head and killed people?:Mjtithes:

Like you posted, the most dangerous, murderous fukked up mutant that goes on berserker rages here and there just chills at the X-Mansion all the time. Even the casual knows this..

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Can't be at the X-Mansion because they're fukked up in the head and killed people?:Mjtithes:

Like you posted, the most dangerous, murderous fukked up mutant that goes on berserker rages here and there just chills at the X-Mansion all the time. Even the casual knows this..

its a shame they let sabertooth stay at the mansion before he got flipped. he could have definitely fukking killed some of the kids