X-Men MCU

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
Don't know how i feel about waiting 5 years to see them in the MCU. The faster the better imo.

Im the first one to say i dont doubt Marvel. But at the same time the whole reason u used lesser known characters was cause u DIDNT have the rights to the bigger names.

Now you do but your CHOOSING to give us Shangi-Chi and Eternals over X-men and F4?

Im in for the ride either way. Just gonna be a hell of wait.

But the lesser knowns have become bigger than the X-men and F4 with today's generation in the movies.

The Avengers are/were an all-star cast bigger than X-Men and Justice League now, which is crazy.

The general public want new stuff. Not just reshaped and renovated legacy characters.

Just look at Captain Marvel outselling Spider-Man Homecoming.

Black Panther's dominance.

With Marvel's track record, the lesser known characters they've struck gold with are fueling the anticipation of what could be next from the audience.

X-men will do what they are going to do. Fox had success with them. They weren't like the F4 with Fox. MCU will get to them eventually.

Now if Dark Phoenix blows it out the water in the next few weeks, that plan might change. :manny:

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But the lesser knowns have become bigger than the X-men and F4 with today's generation in the movies.

The Avengers are/were an all-star cast bigger than X-Men and Justice League now, which is crazy.

The general public want new stuff. Not just reshaped and renovated legacy characters.

Just look at Captain Marvel outselling Spider-Man Homecoming.

Black Panther's dominance.

With Marvel's track record, the lesser known characters they've struck gold with are fueling the anticipation of what could be next from the audience.

X-men will do what they are going to do. Fox had success with them. They weren't like the F4 with Fox. MCU will get to them eventually.

Now if Dark Phoenix blows it out the water in the next few weeks, that plan might change. :manny:

While true, she got the pre-Endgame stimulus package. I put an * by her numbers.

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
While true, she got the pre-Endgame stimulus package. I put an * by her numbers.

Did Ant-Man and the Wasp do a billion? :patrice:

Did Black Panther's numbers need an asterisk because that dropped right before Infinity War? :patrice:

Captain Marvel's numbers had more to do with the MCU brand, the actors, striking a chord with women, etc. than it had to do with Endgame.

MCU brand is that strong. :manny:

This is why they are willing to wait 5 years with X-men. :manny:

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Did Black Panther's numbers need an asterisk because that dropped right before Infinity War? :patrice:

Captain Marvel's numbers had more to do with the MCU brand, the actors, striking a chord with women, etc. than it had to do with Endgame.

You may be right, but I'll give you my reasoning. My work place is pretty diverse. When it came to Captain Marvel, it was either nah or I'm going to watch it since it connects to Endgame somehow. I know that's a small sample size but talking to people from different areas of the country and reading stuff on the internet, it seemed like that was the general consensus. It also benefited from the woman empowerment stimulus package as well. Black Panther got a Infinity War stimulus for sure, but it got hype for being the first black superhero and being from Africa stimulus more. If someone put an asterisk by Black Panther, I can't be mad at that opinion. I just think Black Panther had waaaaaaay more hype then Captain Marvel.

I think Ant-Man 2 got a little stimulus package because everyone knew that it dealt with the Quantum Realm and that would be important to Endgame. Why it didn't do a billy is probably because it was the second film in the series. People already knew what they were getting with the Ant-Man series.

As far as the thread topic goes, I think they will intrude FF4 before the X-Men. FF4 would be easy to explain. Due to the fact they are now releasing a new X-Men movie, they need to put it to bed for a while to get everyone to breath again before starting it again. I would bite the Civil War story line and have the Avengers fight the X-Men with a big bad in the background pulling the strings. Maybe Mr. Sinister????

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
You may be right, but I'll give you my reasoning. My work place is pretty diverse. When it came to Captain Marvel, it was either nah or I'm going to watch it since it connects to Endgame somehow. I know that's a small sample size but talking to people from different areas of the country and reading stuff on the internet, it seemed like that was the general consensus. It also benefited from the woman empowerment stimulus package as well. Black Panther got a Infinity War stimulus for sure, but it got hype for being the first black superhero and being from Africa stimulus more. If someone put an asterisk by Black Panther, I can't be mad at that opinion. I just think Black Panther had waaaaaaay more hype then Captain Marvel.

I think Ant-Man 2 got a little stimulus package because everyone knew that it dealt with the Quantum Realm and that would be important to Endgame. Why it didn't do a billy is probably because it was the second film in the series. People already knew what they were getting with the Ant-Man series.

As far as the thread topic goes, I think they will intrude FF4 before the X-Men. FF4 would be easy to explain. Due to the fact they are now releasing a new X-Men movie, they need to put it to bed for a while to get everyone to breath again before starting it again. I would bite the Civil War story line and have the Avengers fight the X-Men with a big bad in the background pulling the strings. Maybe Mr. Sinister????

All in all, the MCU is the stimulus package. And the individual projects had varying degrees of success in their own right. And in this latest run, the MCU brand stimulus package is at its strongest. Even Thor finally had some success with his 3rd movie.

I think the 5 year thing with the X-men, is MCU being smart about coming up with a solid plan. X-men are a whole entire universe itself. Marvel has good problems in that they built another, even more powerful universe with the MCU. How they move forward now, will take some time and careful planning. Sure, if they wanted, they could do numbers with an X-men origin movie quickly out the gate. But they probably want to build another juggernaut (no pun intended :lolbron:) with the X-men like they did with Avengers. That will require some thought and planning.

parallax

Superstar
Daps

was there a reference to ant man and the wasp in infinity war?

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
was there a reference to ant man and the wasp in infinity war?

Don't know. Can't remember :yeshrug:

All we saw was a symbol on a phone in Infinity War.

It's not like she had solid camera time in Infinity War like Spidey and BP in Civil War to build anticipation for her movie. :manny:

Captain Marvel was okay, but to put an asterisk next to its numbers....i don't know. :patrice:

MCU's foundation is cross-promotion. To selectively put an asterisk to one movie...and not others...I mean they all help each other. :manny:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Don't know. Can't remember :yeshrug:

All we saw was a symbol on a phone in Infinity War.

It's not like she had solid camera time in Infinity War like Spidey and BP in Civil War to build anticipation for her movie. :manny:

Captain Marvel was okay, but to put an asterisk next to its numbers....i don't know. :patrice:

MCU's foundation is cross-promotion. To selectively put an asterisk to one movie...and not others...I mean they all help each other. :manny:

they used her movie as a direct connection to the final movie of the first mcu arc, yet she was nowhere to be seen. both bp and spidey appeared in civil war prior to their movies.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd prefer a fantastic four movie before X Men, anything to get Doom in the MCU as quickly as possible
This. They need to put some respect on Doom. He needs to be the new Loki, the guy who shows up in multiple movies plotting on the heroes, scheming, and making movies. Have Galactus as the next Thanos-level threat.

As for X-men, I'm fine with them either doing the original 5 or starting with Giant Sized X-men 1. A lot of people don't want Logan in the first film, which I'm fine with if they decide to do the original 5.

If they decide to go with another era, I think Logan should be in, since he's too iconic to get rid of completely. Like I've said earlier, they need to handle Logan the same way they did Vader in Rogue one, or Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs. He shouldn't be the protagonist or the viewpoint character. He needs to be the side character that gets two or three scenes across the whole movie, but you don't see him truly GOING OFF until the very end. Magneto should DEFINITELY be saved for future movies though. Either use Sentinels or Mister Sinister for the first MCU X-men movie.

A lot of people are speculating that the multiverse connection will explain X-men. F4 would definitely be easier to implement either way.

EDIT:

Another alternative is for them to loosely follow the plot of God Loves, Man Kills.
Kitty Pryde would be the perfect POV character once they get around to doing an X-men movie in the MCU. They could put the spotlight on the Friends of Humanity/Sentinels as the primary antagonists of the first movie (since Magneto is done to death and I don't see Disney taking their chances on William Stryker and the Purifiers).

They need to take notes on the OG Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie when it comes to the Friends of Humanity's hideout .

Their hideout needs to look cool and fun on the surface (with music, dancing, video games, skateboarding, etc), but show that there's a seedier underbelly to it all with gambling, smoking, fighting, and ultimately their efforts to recruit unsuspecting kids into hating, persecuting, and killing mutants.

EDIT: I had the wrong video in this post, lol.

Last edited:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection

Y’all happy:comeon:

Who are the writers pitching? Because if it's any of these Phase 4 bullshyt writers, nah I'm not happy, and I'm not alone. A gang of people aren't that excited.

Generally, I don't like Disney productions, however MCU was seemingly the exception. They didn't need the X-Men to be great, because they were doing it already for a decade plus without the X-Men.

However in Phase 4, they've had the structure to set something up great in multiple movies...MULTIPLE MOVIES and shows without X-Men or Fantasic Four and they've literally dropped the ball in almost every Phase 4 production and at this point EVERY Phase 5 production. Like in almost ALL of the productions they've dropped the ball. And there were more Phase 4 productions then Phases 1-3 combined.

That's a horrible track record.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Who are the writers pitching? Because if it's any of these Phase 4 bullshyt writers, nah I'm not happy, and I'm not alone. A gang of people aren't that excited.

Generally, I don't like Disney productions, however MCU was seemingly the exception. They didn't need the X-Men to be great, because they were doing it already for a decade plus without the X-Men.

However in Phase 4, they've had the structure to set something up great in multiple movies...MULTIPLE MOVIES and shows without X-Men or Fantasic Four and they've literally dropped the ball in almost every Phase 4 production and at this point EVERY Phase 5 production. Like in almost ALL of the productions they've dropped the ball. And there were more Phase 4 productions then Phases 1-3 combined.

That's a horrible track record.
They did like triple their output due to Disney +. And also the pandemic made the degree of difficulty higher.
With Iger back in charge decreasing output and focusing on quality is a priority.