X-Men MCU

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, he's just a pretty boy traitor. Gimme Scott or Logan or Hank or Ororo or Jean.

For me, it's Scott, Logan, Ororo, Nightcrawler, and Colossus. Rogue is legit too.
I still maintain this day that Nightcrawler should have been a main character in the 90s cartoon :birdman:

Gambit has his moments, but for the most part he's overrated to me. He's Boba Fett status IMO.
Gambit is admittedly a dope character in concept... but then you read the actual comics where nearly all the best stories have nothing to do with him, unless it's a retcon (80s Claremont >>>>> the 90s IMO).
He comes off as a character that was designed by committee to be "cool" but doesn't have the substance to back it up.
They could have done worse though. Gambit is still waaaaayyyy better than the garbage (:trash:) X-men characters they're coming up with today. When he bodied Gladiator with that whole deck of cards :banderas:

comicuncanny27708.jpg

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Before any talk of X-Men being in the MCU you have to get mutants squared away in the MCU first. Can't be just a simple "they were in hiding" or whatever. All throughout the comics mutants were being targeted and being put into databases and shyt by the government. You don't think SHIELD had databases of mutants? If the X-Men were in hiding you don't think Fury would not know of them and try to recruit them? People like Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Daredevil, etc you could explain away because they mainly dealt with street crime. Spiderman never faced a villain until Vulture showed up. During the battle of New York you don't think any X-Men or mutants would have just sat idly by while the planet was being invaded?

That kind of brings me to a point in the comics. Generally the X-Men/mutants don't really cross over with the Avengers and larger marvel universe. For the past 10 years or so it started happening more often but for the most part it was like the X-Men were in a separate universe. You would think the Avengers would intervene whenever Magneto, one of the most powerful men on earth, went on one of his crusades against humanity instead of just letting the X-Men handle it. Galactus shows up and the X-Men just sit at the mansion and watching stuff unfold while the planet is being threatened. Yeah Galactus isn't a mutant but if he succeeds there won't be any mutants or humans left on earth so you better do something to save the planet instead of just watching the Fantastic Four save the planet.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Before any talk of X-Men being in the MCU you have to get mutants squared away in the MCU first. Can't be just a simple "they were in hiding" or whatever. All throughout the comics mutants were being targeted and being put into databases and shyt by the government. You don't think SHIELD had databases of mutants? If the X-Men were in hiding you don't think Fury would not know of them and try to recruit them? People like Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Daredevil, etc you could explain away because they mainly dealt with street crime. Spiderman never faced a villain until Vulture showed up. During the battle of New York you don't think any X-Men or mutants would have just sat idly by while the planet was being invaded?

That kind of brings me to a point in the comics. Generally the X-Men/mutants don't really cross over with the Avengers and larger marvel universe. For the past 10 years or so it started happening more often but for the most part it was like the X-Men were in a separate universe. You would think the Avengers would intervene whenever Magneto, one of the most powerful men on earth, went on one of his crusades against humanity instead of just letting the X-Men handle it. Galactus shows up and the X-Men just sit at the mansion and watching stuff unfold while the planet is being threatened. Yeah Galactus isn't a mutant but if he succeeds there won't be any mutants or humans left on earth so you better do something to save the planet instead of just watching the Fantastic Four save the planet.

That's why I think it's so important that mutants get exposure first on Disney +.

This is a massive undertaking that needs a lot of character development.

FF and SS and crew are much much easier to implement.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now I'm really wondering who the MCU X-men lineup should have onboard now that Dark Phoenix is getting ready to come out.
I really wanted to see a MCU X-team that was faithful to the 80s era Claremont storylines, but I don't know about having Jean Grey as a main character since Dark Phoenix isn't looking too hot.
Who are the definitive must-have characters in an MCU reboot though? :jbhmm:

EDIT: How would the Coli react to this lineup? (Just add Rogue and keep Cyclops as the leader, and I think it's a good fit personally)

Wolverineandthexmenanimated.jpg

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Now I'm really wondering who the MCU X-men lineup should have onboard now that Dark Phoenix is getting ready to come out.
I really wanted to see a MCU X-team that was faithful to the 80s era Claremont storylines, but I don't know about having Jean Grey as a main character since Dark Phoenix isn't looking too hot.

EDIT: How would the Coli react to this lineup? (Just add Rogue and keep Cyclops as the leader, and I think it's a good fit personally)

Wolverine needs a break.

Do the original lineup. Honor the material.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange

Nah. They need to chill with Wolverine. They should introduce him to the MCU, in non X-Men related movies and shows, as a antagonist. Meanwhile, honor the O5 X-Men. Then when they get to their version of Giant Sized X-Men, then introduce the new team with Wolverine.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Don't know how i feel about waiting 5 years to see them in the MCU. The faster the better imo.

Im the first one to say i dont doubt Marvel. But at the same time the whole reason u used lesser known characters was cause u DIDNT have the rights to the bigger names.

Now you do but your CHOOSING to give us Shangi-Chi and Eternals over X-men and F4?

Im in for the ride either way. Just gonna be a hell of wait.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Don't know how i feel about waiting 5 years to see them in the MCU. The faster the better imo.

Im the first one to say i dont doubt Marvel. But at the same time the whole reason u used lesser known characters was cause u DIDNT have the rights to the bigger names.

Now you do but your CHOOSING to give us Shangi-Chi and Eternals over X-men and F4?

Im in for the ride either way. Just gonna be a hell of wait.

Shang chi is dope. I wish DC would bless us with a karate kid series.

I'm kinda curious how marvel would do the f4. Even outside the failed movies, they werent pushed much despite being the first family

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Shang chi is dope. I wish DC would bless us with a karate kid series.

I'm kinda curious how marvel would do the f4. Even outside the failed movies, they werent pushed much despite being the first family

FF are easy.

- they bought the Avengers tower
- or they were explorers with Pym in the 60's or 70's and got stuck in the Quantum Realm
- they were in space during the IW/Endgame shyt and got hit with the snap and other shyt causing cosmic waves.

Explaining mutants is gonna need Disney + for an in depth insight and detailed story.