X-Men MCU

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
BP set it off, now they want that Asian Money Brehs, its so blatant with the pandering but still..... Disney gonna make a world wide hero out of Shang Chi:ohlawd:

Surprised it took them this long.

Domestic money is nothing nowadays, Asian market BEEN boosting numbers.
Apparently Iron Man 1 was shot different in China, had like a bunch extra scenes featuring a wise old Chinese character grandfathered in.
Disney been plottin this mess for a while, now its time to put lans in motion.

I looked him up and it seems like an Iron Fist type thats actually Asian/knock off bruce lee? Hopefully they can do a legit martial arts flick and bonus points if they can do some Jackie Chan type choreography

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I don't buy anything. I feel confident in saying Feige knew about the merger at least 2 years ago. X-properties need to cool off but not 5 years. A movie beginning filming tomorrow might not be in theatres for 2 years.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't buy anything. I feel confident in saying Feige knew about the merger at least 2 years ago. X-properties need to cool off but not 5 years. A movie beginning filming tomorrow might not be in theatres for 2 years.

Even if they knew about the merger 2-3 years ago they were working on "Infinity War"/"End Game". And those movies were planned 2-3 years before that. "Infinity War" was announced in 2014, 5 years ago. They can't just derail their whole 10 year plan at the drop of a hat.

And the Disney/Fox deal just closed like 3 weeks ago. Keep in mind even if they wanted to make an X-Men movie they need a script, casting, location scouting....to put it into perspective, "Infinity War" finished shooting 9 months before it was released. So realistically at the very earliest we're looking at 3+ years for an X-Men movie, if they start working on it today.

I'm assuming Feige said 5 years to give them some breathing room because they obviously had at least a few Phase 4 movies planned prior to acquiring Fox.

Fred.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Even if they knew about the merger 2-3 years ago they were working on "Infinity War"/"End Game". And those movies were planned 2-3 years before that. "Infinity War" was announced in 2014, 5 years ago. They can't just derail their whole 10 year plan at the drop of a hat.

And the Disney/Fox deal just closed like 3 weeks ago. Keep in mind even if they wanted to make an X-Men movie they need a script, casting, location scouting....to put it into perspective, "Infinity War" finished shooting 9 months before it was released. So realistically at the very earliest we're looking at 3+ years for an X-Men movie, if they start working on it today.

I'm assuming Feige said 5 years to give them some breathing room because they obviously had at least a few Phase 4 movies planned prior to acquiring Fox.

Fred.
I get all that but they put Hulk in a whole ass trailer in a scene he wasn't in. They liars g...:stopitslime:

But seriously he's probably not far off logistically. I just don't buy there not being plans.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I get all that but they put Hulk in a whole ass trailer in a scene he wasn't in. They liars g...:stopitslime:

But seriously he's probably not far off logistically. I just don't buy there not being plans.

I love they do that because one of the major complaints I see is "man, that trailer showed half the movie!"

Marvel basically deaded that shyt over night.

They probably do have plans in the vaguest sense of the word but if he says that people will assume it's part of Phase 4. I'd rather he say this and if we get something people are surprised, as opposed to fans misinterpreting what he said and being upset when X-Men don't come out any time soon.

Fred.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Waiting until 2025 for X-Men in any fashion (cameo or Disney +) is fukking comedy.

Feige is notoriously tight lipped I ain't buying that shyt one bit.

Remember when Spiderman came on board they changed all the dates in place. Spiderman got placed in like 16 months after the announcement. shyt was announced in Feb 2015 and he was in Civil War May 2016.

He couldn't talk due to legal reasons they will push back DS2 or Ant Man or anything else.

They moved Ragnarok and Black Panther FFS for Spiderman.

They will shuffle like crazy as needed.

No one should expect anything RIGHT NOW it's only been like 3 weeks but by this time next year (or sooner) there will be news.

Last edited:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area

IIRC Fiege stated in a interview they had movie plans in place If they were able to get the rights back to the Fox stable of marvel characters.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
IIRC Fiege stated in a interview they had plans in place for the possibility of get the rights back to the Fox stable of marvel characters.

I'd assume he means F4/Doom before anything else.

Like I been saying we're headed towards 20 years of X-Men movies with more or less the same roster since 2000. I get that people want to see these characters and stories done "right" but if I was Marvel I wouldn't be doing anything X-Men related any time soon, either. :manny:

Fred.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I'd assume he means FF4/Doom before anything else.

Like I been saying we're headed towards 20 years of X-Men movies with more or less the same roster since 2000. I get that people want to see these characters and stories done "right" but if I was Marvel I wouldn't be doing anything X-Men related any time soon, either. :manny:

Fred.
Honestly, I’ve been expecting Doom and the FF as well. It makes the most sense they’ve never had a proper good adaptation. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Reed family ends up purchasing the old avengers tower.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Remember when Spiderman came on board they changed all the dates in place. Spiderman got placed in like 16 months after the announcement.

I believe the only reason Spider-Man got rushed was because of the Sony deal. Sony made that call because they handled marketing and received majority of the BO revenue

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Waiting until 2025 for X-Men in any fashion (cameo or Disney +) is fukking comedy.

Feige is notoriously tight lipped I ain't buying that shyt one bit.

Remember when Spiderman came on board they changed all the dates in place. Spiderman got placed in like 16 months after the announcement.

No one should expect anything RIGHT NOW it's only been like 3 weeks but by this time next year (or sooner) there will be news.
I believe him on this. Feige before any other Marvel stuff is an X-Men/Mutant fan. He is going to take great care bringing it to the public. And great care takes a lot of time.
I could see Phase 4 including F4, Doom, Galactus and SS. And they bringing the Eternals out as well. If they do all this it will be a heavy lift already. Doing mutant stuff as well would spread the talent too thin.