X-men: Days of Future past teaser trailer

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Ok so is this part 2 or something?

I know there was a xmen trilogy and they started another xmen that didn't relate to the trilogy right?

This is a original one right?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I don't give a fukk about the continuity issues. You measure this film on its own merits. I don't care about any of that "The Wolverine" shyt.

People are still acting like children with their little faux anger that X 3 shyt....ridiculous. Who fukking cares. They added the original cast because First Class was very good and had quotables.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Since studios are trying to follow Marvel's blueprint, those continuity flaws are getting scrutinized. If you just look at the last 2 X movies for what they are, they are dope. But when you look at how they portrayed characters since they first launched the franchise, its hard not to see how they were all over the place with the writing and how they fukked up the characters. Fox has more characters to play with than Marvel too which makes it even more :snoop:. Hopefully they continue to make better movies like this going forward.

:salute:

and apologizes if my posts have dragged the vibe of the thread down, don't mean to rain on folks parade. At the end of the day I want all of these super hero flicks to win. Its a dream come true for me loving all the source material since I was a kid.

I just thought that bit of story that I'm bringing up and have issue with is too huge a flaw to ignore. :yeshrug:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
even if we accept that tho

Mystique killing Trask - different dude or not NEVER happened in the original 3 Xmen movies. It was never referenced, never happened. And clearly they have tied parts of First Class with the original 3 movies. Future Xavier (that we know from the original 3) told Logan before he went back in time that he as a different person back in '73 and that he did not have his powers. So CLEARLY they are connecting First Class with X1 and X2 at least

But as you saw in DoFP, it wasn't killing Trask that was the problem, it was her getting CAUGHT immediately afterwards. But during the moment when it was SUPPOSED to happen, they prevented it, but it still DID NOT CHANGE the future events.

The ONLY reason the future events changed was because they deemed Mystique as the hero for going against her own kind in protection of THEM and Mystique kidnapping Wolverine instead of him going to the real Stryker.

Had she allowed Magneto do whut he was about to do, like Xavier in the future said, the future would of been MORE bleak than it already was. Trask alive or dead.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
okay

very weak IMO though on the filmmakers part. very sloppy.

but if we are moving forward like this, let's just move forward.

with that being said we'll just accept that

Mystique posing as Stryker took Wolverine at the end. So how will Wolverine get his adamantium?If it was Mystique no Weapon X program?

apocalypse in the comic books gives wolverine his adamantium...

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
But as you saw in DoFP, it wasn't killing Trask that was the problem, it was her getting CAUGHT immediately afterwards. But during the moment when it was SUPPOSED to happen, they prevented it, but it still DID NOT CHANGE the future events.

The ONLY reason the future events changed was because they deemed Mystique as the hero for going against her own kind in protection of THEM and Mystique kidnapping Wolverine instead of him going to the real Stryker.

Had she allowed Magneto do whut he was about to do, like Xavier in the future said, the future would of been MORE bleak than it already was. Trask alive or dead.

her killing Trask, her getting caught...NONE of that was history for X1-X3 though. The filmmakers have clearly acknowledged the elements of the earlier 3 movies that they liked (even if its erased now) as part of the shared history between First Class and the other 3 movies. This issue with Mystique was never hinted at as part of the history.

mcellas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami
apocalypse in the comic books gives wolverine his adamantium...

I expect Wolverine to be a horseman in the next movie gives his character a much needed reboot
898563.jpg

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I think Fox made X3 with the intentions of ending it and waiting to see if they should make more... Then they saw what Marvel was doing and the money they were making and were like :lupe:.

Just hooking the casual fans and making $$$$$ X-Men was the only franchise that could give Avengers serious competition.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I think Fox made X3 with the intentions of ending it and waiting to see if they should make more... Then they saw what Marvel was doing and the money they were making and were like :lupe:.

Just hooking the casual fans and making $$$$$ X-Men was the only franchise that could give Avengers serious competition.

:WHAT!: X-MEN was a $1B franchise after X-3 and before the Marvel movies. Origins came out three years later and cost $185M. They actually wanted to do X-MEN 4. Which is why they left a lot open, such as the cure not being permanent and Magneto having his powers, in addition to Xavier coming back from the dead.