X-men: Days of Future past teaser trailer

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
:comeon: It's clearly not the same Trask. He was not alive during X-MEN 3. Mystique kills Trask but gets captured by Stryker, they experiment on her and start making the :demonic: Sentinels, which are perfected after the original trilogy.

wrong

there was a huge uproar initally that Dinklage was being cast as Trask when Bill Duke was already cast as THE SAME CHARACTER in X3. So back to my point, at the beginning of the film, in the future Xavier tells all of them that Mystique killed Trask back in '73 thus starting them on the path that lead to where they were in the future...IMPOSSIBLE BASED ON X1 - X3 as that bit of history was NEVER cannon in the movies. sorry that's a big flaw for the entire series now.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wrong

there was a huge uproar initally that Dinklage was being cast as Trask when Bill Duke was already cast as THE SAME CHARACTER in X3. So back to my point, at the beginning of the film, in the future Xavier tells all of them that Mystique killed Trask back in '73 thus starting them on the path that lead to where they were in the future...IMPOSSIBLE BASED ON X1 - X3 as that bit of history was NEVER cannon in the movies. sorry that's a big flaw for the entire series now.

Like I sad, they can say it's a different dude altogether, because there never revealed his 1st name in X3 and just a coincidence/easter egg with the last name. Or, like I theorized which would explains virtually every single continuity error in the entire franchise is that all of them are part of a DIFFERENT TIMELINE (butterfly effect theory).

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
The only reason I said Looper is because I was referring it as a reference to most time traveling films which every single ONE of them leave gaping holes. I guess the BETTER example is The Butterfly Effect.

But the key thing you SHOULD take note from DoFP, that you should take into consideration, was what Beast/Hank said which was the ripple analogy. It suggested that this could of happened before and in spite of little changes here and there, it'll eventually correct itself in the end. By that assumption, ALL the movies could be its own DIFFERENT timeline all together leading up to the same result.

that's too much to have to consider in all honesty.

i mean its not that i'm trying to hold them to how it was done in the comic book, but the storyline made PERFECT sense in the comic book w/ the time travel since the characters involved came from the future into the 'present' (not further back in the past a la the movie) - so going into the present they were able to stop something that had was about to happen.

the problem that the movies have is that all parties hate X3 (the fans, the filmmakers, etc.) and that had to be undone. I get it. Doesn't excuse the poor execution here.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's too much to have to consider in all honesty.

i mean its not that i'm trying to hold them to how it was done in the comic book, but the storyline made PERFECT sense in the comic book w/ the time travel since the characters involved came from the future into the 'present' (not further back in the past a la the movie) - so going into the present they were able to stop something that had was about to happen.

the problem that the movies have is that all parties hate X3 (the fans, the filmmakers, etc.) and that had to be undone. I get it. Doesn't excuse the poor execution here.

Like I stated before, none of that matters when it's now all erased. All it matters now is the events from First class on out.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Like I sad, they can say it's a different dude altogether, because there never revealed his 1st name in X3 and just a coincidence/easter egg with the last name. Or, like I theorized which would explains virtually every single continuity error in the entire franchise is that all of them are part of a DIFFERENT TIMELINE (butterfly effect theory).

even if we accept that tho

Mystique killing Trask - different dude or not NEVER happened in the original 3 Xmen movies. It was never referenced, never happened. And clearly they have tied parts of First Class with the original 3 movies. Future Xavier (that we know from the original 3) told Logan before he went back in time that he as a different person back in '73 and that he did not have his powers. So CLEARLY they are connecting First Class with X1 and X2 at least

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Like I stated before, none of that matters when it's now all erased. All it matters now is the events from First class on out.

okay

very weak IMO though on the filmmakers part. very sloppy.

but if we are moving forward like this, let's just move forward.

with that being said we'll just accept that

Mystique posing as Stryker took Wolverine at the end. So how will Wolverine get his adamantium?If it was Mystique no Weapon X program?

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
wrong

:snoop::pachaha: It's not the same Trask, Bill Duke's character was NEVER ONCE referred to as Bolivar Trask in X-3. It was simply a nod to fans, the character doesn't even play a major part in the movie. One is a secretary of state, another is a scientist. They can coexist. In this movie Congress reject Trask's Sentinel program, he secretly tries to sell them to The Russians and Vietnamese instead. Mystique infiltrates the meeting, kills Trask but then is captured by Stryker. They experiment on her, use her blood to perfect the :demonic: Sentinels which end up wiping out the mutants.

Last edited:

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
:snoop::pachaha: It's not the same Trask, Bill Duke's character was NEVER ONCE referred to as Bolivar Trask in X-3. Congress reject Trask's Sentinel program, he secretly tries to sell them to The Russians and Vietnamese instead. Mystique infiltrates the meeting, kills Trask but then is captured by Stryker. They experiment on her, use her blood to perfect the :demonic: Sentinels which end up wiping out the mutants.

as i've gone on to explain it doesn't even matter - that event that lead to the bleak future was NEVER part of the common history of X1 - X3. Forget the actor playing him, and what he was referred to. They conveniently made this part up to 'try' to tie it all together.

I mean clearly there are parts of both First Class and the other first 3 X-men movies that counted towards the future.

:rudy:ya'll are smarter than this c'mon!!

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
saw it yesterday I give it a strong 8.5 but it's not better than cap 2 , I'll see it a second time for sure while it's still in theatre

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
I'll add this last bit

I know Ratner gets a lot of heat for the abomination that was X3 - and rightfully so. Definitely not defending him.

but an equal culprit is Simon Kinberg who was one of the writers of that travesty. Can't blame Ratner for the the direction so much as he came onboard that film so late, the story was already written and set

Kinberg also had a hand in writing Days of Future Past.

there is plenty of blame to go around for why a lot of these problems exist in the first place.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Wtf happened over the last page? Lol

Since studios are trying to follow Marvel's blueprint, those continuity flaws are getting scrutinized. If you just look at the last 2 X movies for what they are, they are dope. But when you look at how they portrayed characters since they first launched the franchise, its hard not to see how they were all over the place with the writing and how they fukked up the characters. Fox has more characters to play with than Marvel too which makes it even more :snoop:. Hopefully they continue to make better movies like this going forward.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I'll add this last bit

I know Ratner gets a lot of heat for the abomination that was X3 - and rightfully so. Definitely not defending him.

but an equal culprit is Simon Kinberg who was one of the writers of that travesty. Can't blame Ratner for the the direction so much as he came onboard that film so late, the story was already written and set

Kinberg also had a hand in writing Days of Future Past.

there is plenty of blame to go around for why a lot of these problems exist in the first place.

Great point. Ratner did inherit a shytstorm, but he made it worse