X-men: Days of Future past teaser trailer

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
This is the seventh X-Men film, the fifth team movie, and we’re still dealing with the same “Eric says kill the humans before they kill us” vs. “Charles says give peace a chance” plot. The films can’t seem to get past the Civil Rights parable material at the expense of the copious other potential X-Men stories to be told onscreen. The moral debates are the same ones we’ve heard since 2000 and the story treads very little new ground. The film is full of characters asking questions to which they (and we) already know the answers.

had big-scale comic book action and style to spare, X-Men: The Last Stand had the distraction of the kinda-sorta Dark Phoenix saga, and the 60′s-set First Class gave the franchise its first unabashed super villain and a delicious spy caper. But this time there is little to distract us from the fact that we’ve seen this argument and this Magneto versus Professor X battle many times before. There are moments of note, including at least one turn with Magneto in the second act that genuinely surprised me, but we’ve seen this film and this specific drama several times before.

After the poppy and lively X-Men: First Class, this feels like yesterday’s comic book movie, and a strangely visually glum one (the 3D didn’t help) at that. As glorified fan service, X-Men: Days of Future Past mostly gets the job done. Without going into details, the epilogue nearly tips the film into the realm of pandering fan-fiction. It amounts to less a “must see” installment of an ongoing series so much as a kind of spring cleaning to set the stage for whatever might come next.
This is the seventh X-Men film, the fifth team movie, and we’re still dealing with the same “Eric says kill the humans before they kill us” vs. “Charles says give peace a chance” plot. The films can’t seem to get past the Civil Rights parable material at the expense of the copious other potential X-Men stories to be told onscreen. The moral debates are the same ones we’ve heard since 2000 and the story treads very little new ground. The film is full of characters asking questions to which they (and we) already know the answers.

had big-scale comic book action and style to spare, X-Men: The Last Stand had the distraction of the kinda-sorta Dark Phoenix saga, and the 60′s-set First Class gave the franchise its first unabashed super villain and a delicious spy caper. But this time there is little to distract us from the fact that we’ve seen this argument and this Magneto versus Professor X battle many times before. There are moments of note, including at least one turn with Magneto in the second act that genuinely surprised me, but we’ve seen this film and this specific drama several times before.

After the poppy and lively X-Men: First Class, this feels like yesterday’s comic book movie, and a strangely visually glum one (the 3D didn’t help) at that. As glorified fan service, X-Men: Days of Future Past mostly gets the job done. Without going into details, the epilogue nearly tips the film into the realm of pandering fan-fiction. It amounts to less a “must see” installment of an ongoing series so much as a kind of spring cleaning to set the stage for whatever might come next.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
:ohhh: I see you threw out that X-Force reference.....

:myman: Watch that go over people's heads...lol

I think Fox is going to go balls deep in X-men because of how well DOFP is being received. I would pay triple to see a R rated X-Force movie.
Fox already said they was planning an X-force movie shortly after they announced DOFP. I don't know how far they are in development on it tho.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Man, I just saw it!!

Was actually pretty good!

I see what they mean by "correction" but who ever else sees this can y'all school me on the reference on the after credit shyt??? That went over my head.

I recorded only cell.... Watched it 3 times

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Man, I just saw it!!

Was actually pretty good!

I see what they mean by "correction" but who ever else sees this can y'all school me on the reference on the after credit shyt??? That went over my head.

I recorded only cell.... Watched it 3 times

it was

Apocalypse & the Four Horsemen

wasn't too crazy about the movie myself. Not sure how someone who has never read Xmen will be able to follow all the time travel stuff.

also they never seemed to tie the post credits scene from the last Wolverine movie to this movie or am i bugging?

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Something went wrong with your spoiler tags @Da Rhythm Rebel , but good look. When I quoted you, that's when I saw them. I erased me quoted you so it wouldn't show up and spoil for everyone else.

But now knowing that...... I thought the hooded person looked like something else!! That looked like a female. Luckily I recorded it.... Bout to watch again

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Something went wrong with your spoiler tags @Da Rhythm Rebel , but good look. When I quoted you, that's when I saw them. I erased me quoted you so it wouldn't show up and spoil for everyone else.

But now knowing that...... I thought the hooded person looked like something else!! That looked like a female. Luckily I recorded it.... Bout to watch again

sorry about that I fixed it now

yeah for a second it looked like a female to me too

but yeah that's who it was, along with the four figures in the background.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
sorry about that I fixed it now

yeah for a second it looked like a female to me too

but yeah that's who it was, along with the four figures in the background.

Yes I keep looking at the footage now and this recognizing who the character is from he comics. I guess I was expected it to look like that. But appears they're going a different direction

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Yes I keep looking at the footage now and this recognizing who the character is from he comics. I guess I was expected it to look like that. But appears they're going a different direction

actually thinking about it some more that figure could have been

Ozymandias and not Apocalypse since Ozymandias has the power to manipulate stone