Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Definitely. It worked so well they ran the well dry. I have no doubt Marvel can pull a Homecoming and focus on other dynamics like they did with Norman/Green Goblin.

There are tons of combinations that deserve shine. Kitty and Colossus, Rogue and Gambit, etc. But there's tons of stuff that only matters to fans but wouldn't make most people feel like this is superior to what they've seen before.

But in terms of making Marvel's X-men stand out, Fox has done a better job of using the IP than Sony or Fox's FF.

Deadpool and Cable looks good. They finally gave Wolverine a great story worthy of him. Legion is telling an awesome story of mutants and the astral plane.

The mutant cure storyline is the only one I feel like really needs to be done well.

Agree to disagree. It had reached its apex and they never took risks. After First Class they needed to nix that shyt. And Mystique flatlined it. It worked well in DOFP but damn man they were obsessed with them, JLaw and Wolverine.

They totally missed the boat on this and FF.

They had a a million other stories to tell that had fukk all to do with Charles and crew and neglected that shyt.

The Cyclops treatment alone for 20 years is an abomination.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Nah, they need to chill with Magneto for a couple of movies. He's a great character, but he's played out. You need Xavier, since he's the guy who tells you what their whole premise is all about. But they need to let some other villains shine for a few movies. Give me sentinels, a Mystique-led Freedom Force, Juggernaut, the Shi'ar Imperial Guard, a proper Sinister, Apocalypse, a proper Hellfire Club, etc.

For a lineup, I would either roll with the 70's Giant Sized lineup or the OG team as teenagers. Either that or go with a mix between the 70s/80s era and the Animated series. (Jean, Cyclops, Logan, Storm, Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler, and Kitty Pryde as the POV character. Make Beast an Avenger and let him shine in their movies. Angel would back the group financially and hook them up with good lawyers but wouldn't fight on the front lines with the others.)

you don't need Charles either... they had an entire 26 episode show (damn it got cancelled) without Charles.. Wolverine and the X-men ... of course you'll need either Scott, Jean or Storm to lead instead of Wolverine since he needs to chill for a few years as well

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
https://www.etonline.com/x-men-dark...-extraterrestrial-characters-exclusive-102392

Sounds like X-Men: Dark Phoenix is going to be out of this world!

While still a ways away, director Simon Kinberg is tiding us over with tantalizing new details about the new X-Men installment.

It's much more loyal to the original comic than X-Men 3, which told the Dark Phoenix story,” Kinberg shared with ET’s Carly Steel at the Deadpool 2 premiere. “It's a movie that involves extraterrestrial characters, which is not something that we've done in the X-Men franchise before, and is something that is a huge part of the Dark Phoenix saga in the comics.”

Dark Phoenix, starring Game of Thrones' Sophie Turner, follows a battle for telepathic mutant Jean Grey’s mind when a malevolent force threatens to take it over.

Kinberg added details about the tone of his directorial debut, promising Dark Phoenix will be “a little less operatic” than past X-Men movies, saying, "It’s more intense and it's more real and grounded, and hopefully more relatable.”

Dark Phoenix, out February 2019, also stars Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), Nicholas Hoult (Beast), Alexandra Shipp (Storm), Kodi Smit-McPhee (Nightcrawler), Evan Peters (Quicksilver), James McAvoy (Charles Xavier), Michael Fassbender (Magneto) and Jessica Chastain.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Charles was in Wolverine and the X-men. He was in the future with Bishop, Marrow, and Hellion. All of the future eps were Xavier centered.

However, Charles has been dead in the comics for over 10 years, and the comics have been doing fine without him.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
in reality xmen SHOULD be on fox cause there it would have the opportunity to flourish and flesh out all its characters... but na.. fukk fox man. they been doing better and they fired singer finally but this needs a fresh reboot at marvel.

an average marvel movie is better than the best xmen one. logan is really the only great film they got.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone on reddit ( :mjpls: nowithstanding) is claiming to have seen a test screening of Dark Phoenix.

**SPOILERS**

I know this is "Marvel Studios" leaks but screw it. I have been a lurker on this site for a while and I finally made an account because of the inncaurate info Manabyte is spreading about Dark Phoenix. I went to the screening in Feb. I live in CA and go to a lot of test screenings for fun. I have proof ready to show for the mods. I legit got tired of him saying false s*** and people buying into it. His sources are going him twisted info. The x-men don't go into space in the third act and the word "skrull" was not said once at all in the film

- X men are like Avengers status at the beginning of the film (which feels really unearned) -astronauts at risk of dying in space(literally the atmosphere not space) due to some cosmic waves
- x men save them but jean gets hit by waves
- they return and she starts freaking out about her powers
- the movie begins with young jean getting in a car crash with her two parents. At this point after the rescue we find out that her powers were responsible and she feels guilty for killing her mother. We find out that her dad is still alive though so she escapes the mansion all emotional to go find him.

-when jean got hit by the cosmic rays she sent the spaceship flying into space and somehow it [frick]ing lands on an alien planet. The aliens look st the wreckage and go "[frick] it this means war. Let's go get the phoenix force" that's literally their whole motivation.

-jean finds her dad and she gets pissed that Charles lied to her about her parents being dead. But Charles lied because her dad didn't want her anymore. When she finally realizes all of this she almost kills her dad but the x men come to save her. She is really edgy at this point.

-she kills mystique by accident

-beast gets all mad because he loved her.

-beast goes to find magneto for help to defeat jean

-charles takes the rest of the team to get to jean before the aliens and beast/magneto can

-movie is so boring I'm sorry of this isn't the best description but the movie ends with a cgi battle and its not very exciting because the aliens look boring and have generic levitation powers (they do shape shift into humans but they LOOK NOTHING LIKE SKRULLS AND THE WORD SKRULL IS NEVER SAID)

-there is an alien invasion and jean flies into space and gives up all her powers to destroy the fleet. The end

"What costumes to they wear for the majority of the film? The ones [from] Apocalypse?"

• Lmao those costumes are [completely] gone. The ones from the set photos. Simple black with the yellow forming an X on the upper half. These costumes only get worn twice out of the entire movie as well. Third act is them in civilian clothing

If these spoilers are legit, then I'm lowkey hoping this movie doesn't even get released before the merger. I want to see the Dark Phoenix Saga done right in the MCU, but if Fox botches it twice, I doubt that Marvel will want to touch that story. Either way, I just want this deal to go through without Comcast messing anything up :francis:

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Someone on reddit ( :mjpls: nowithstanding) is claiming to have seen a test screening of Dark Phoenix.

**SPOILERS**

If these spoilers are legit, then I'm lowkey hoping this movie doesn't even get released before the merger. I want to see the Dark Phoenix Saga done right in the MCU, but if Fox botches it twice, I doubt that Marvel will want to touch that story. Either way, I just want this deal to go through without Comcast messing anything up :francis:

That shyt was so bad, I don't even feel like it spoiled anything for me....

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

**SPOILERS**

MAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE fukk!!!!!!??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:what::what::what::what::what::what:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

**SPOILERS**

Save_Us.Disney

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

**SPOILERS**

Sounds about right for an X-Men movie :russ: