Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
The Martian star Jessica Chastain is on her way to the X-Mansion. In a post on Instagram, the actress confirmed that she does indeed have a role in X-Men: Dark Phoenix.

Chastain was first rumored for an X-Men: Dark Phoenix role back in June. A few weeks later, she was rumored to play Lilandra, empress of the Shi’ar empire, who is described as the film’s villain. Though she does confirm that she will appear in the film with the post, she did not reveal who she is playing, so her part remains unconfirmed.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Is this another film that is going to be sold as singer's last last last xmen movie? I don't understand the end game here, the franchise peaked with DOFP, apocalypse didn't even crack 600mill WW. Clearly interest is waning (or all ppl really wanted was Hugh in an ensemble). Why force this? Do they need to make movies or the rights go to marvel too?

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Everyone keeps mentioning Chastain as the movie's villain. Lilandra was never a villain, she was only looking out for the good of her people. :gucci:
I think that whoever the writers are, instead of creating a character they just figured they'd paint the queen as the villain instead of creating a new character.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So was Hitler :mjpls:

I know your post is probably jokes, but even then, Lilandra's rode with the X-men multiple times and was in a romantic relationship with Prof. X for a hot minute.
_____s _____ing bout Mystique what about Magneto? He's been in every ___ing movie :hhh:

20 years and we still haven't gotten a legit X-Men movie :dead:

Nah, you're right. Magneto is a GOAT-tier character but he's waaaaayyy played out. He doesn't need to be in every movie, there are other cool X-men villians. Let's see more of Juggernaut, the sentinels, and the Hellfire Club (they shouldn't have killed them all off after First Class). I would take a properly done Apocalypse and his Horsemen, or a properly done Sinister and his Marauders (including Sabertooth), over seeing Magneto for the 725679th time.

If anything Mystique should have been her own villain independent of Magneto, with the rest of her brotherhood/Freedom Force riding beside her. (Avalanche, Pyro, Destiny, and the Blob).

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I know your post is probably jokes, but even then, Lilandra's rode with the X-men multiple times and was in a romantic relationship with Prof. X for a hot minute.
in the fox kids cartoon but perhaps she was villainous in the comics? :sas1:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
nikkas bytching bout Mystique what about Magneto? He's been in every fukking movie :hhh:

20 years and we still haven't gotten a legit X-Men movie :dead:

:snoop: is their a reason we can't get this?

5811037-img_0536.png

Instead of this

MV5BYThmMWVkZDAtNGYxZC00MDk0LWJjODctMmU0ZmJjNGU4ZmRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQxNjcxNQ@@._V1_.jpg

:dead:

Why the fukk do these nikkas wear all black in every movie?

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:snoop: is their a reason we can't get this?

5811037-img_0536.png

Instead of this

MV5BYThmMWVkZDAtNGYxZC00MDk0LWJjODctMmU0ZmJjNGU4ZmRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQxNjcxNQ@@._V1_.jpg

:dead:

Why the fukk do these nikkas wear all black in every movie?
Because they're ashamed of the source material

That bullshyt excuse about audiences thinking they look silly died the moment Spider-Man came out and beat fukking Star Wars at the box office

Daps
Reppin
NULL
in the fox kids cartoon but perhaps she was villainous in the comics? :sas1:

Nope, at least not in the classic OG era when Claremont, Cockrum, Byrne, Paul Smith, etc. were still working on the book. The only time she turned was when Jean became Dark Phoenix, and even then it was reluctant and only because she had a responsibility to lead her people.
tumblr_inline_orx34jONJN1tynkrx_540.jpg
She was actually the one who telepathically contacted Prof. X to help her stop her brother, who was ACTUALLY evil and about to destroy the universe...
2243212-profxlilandra_02.jpg

But yeah, Prof. X and Lilandra were an item for a hot minute in the comics. I like the cartoon as much as the next late-80s/early-90s kid, but too many cats treat it like the end-all-be-all of everything X-men and don't know a blessed thing about the actual source. (I'm not saying that's you :whoa: )

d180853157fd04a114af20b9f899ad1b.jpg

Because they're ashamed of the source material

That bull____ excuse about audiences thinking they look silly died the moment Spider-Man came out and beat ____ing Star Wars at the box office

Yeah, they're way overdue for some real costumes.

xmen89a_gangisback.jpg

Look at how vibrant and colorful this pic is! Imagine seeing THAT moment on the big screen.

Now I understand why they would go for the 'realistic' all-black costumes in the early 2000's backwhen Batman and Robin was still fresh on everyone's minds. Patterning the look and feel of those original X-men movies after more successful flicks like the Matrix made perfect sense back then, because people might not have given it a chance otherwise

But it's 2017 today, and superheroes are the business now. There's no need to tiptoe around the fact that it's a comicbook anymore. Deadpool, Iron Man, the Avengers, and the first two Raimi Spider-man movies have raised the bar since the era of the first two X-men flicks.

Last edited: