BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree. But when you think of even TV it would have to be a long ass series that ignored short-term commercial gains to get the full effect. X-Men is kinda like Watchmen, impossible to duplicate in any other form than written.
It would take a huge super dedicated undertaking g to do right.

true, but
a) it is peak TV, so, if there's ever a time it can be done right, it's now
b) even for all its flaws, I can pretty much guarantee the 90s animated series Phoenix/Dark Phoenix sagas will be better than this movie just because they were able to build so much w/ over 4 hours of specific story

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
true, but
b) even for all its flaws, I can pretty much guarantee the 90s animated series Phoenix/Dark Phoenix sagas will be better than this movie just because they were able to build so much w/ over 4 hours of specific story
Yeah, wish it was going down like that.
Imagine Jessica Chastain as Jean Grey instead of Sophie Turner. :whew:

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, wish it was going down like that.
Imagine Jessica Chastain as Jean Grey instead of Sophie Turner. :whew:

Word. Especially for this storyline which is about an adult Jean coming into her own.

Although the actors have never really been the problem with this franchise; it's mostly the writing & directing undermining what the actor can even do with their character. Even though movie Rogue's a lame & I would have cast differently, I can't really blame Anna Paquin for that b/c what is she supposed to do with a role that's all plot device?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
true, but
Your answer is obvious..of course the animated one is gonna shine because it had Shaw, Emma, the inner circle, Shiar, and the redemption element to end..so that being spanned in 5 shows over 5 weeks worked out fine for 1997.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
:wow: X-Men were the shyt. They have done some cool shyt with the movies but yeah they have never reached these heights.
No comic movie depiction has reached the book counterparts heights...the one show that HAS is of course Batman TAS. The Heart of Ice ep won a Emmy, right? Crazy.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
The guys over at That Hashtag Show are back with another list of character breakdowns, this time for X-Men: Dark Phoenix which recently had its director and returning cast members officially confirmed.

It's quite an extensive lrundown, and as usual the character's real identities are hidden via codenames - however, the descriptions do provide a few intriguing hints.

The video below speculates that the likes of Sunfire, Dazzler, Mimic, Rogue (who has previously been rumored), Karl Lykos/Sauron and Mastermind may be introduced, as well as members of The Hellfire Club and the Shi’ar Imperial Guard.

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
So Mystique saves the day again?
I'm numb to the pain these X-men movies cause now
mzk5z.gif

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Mystique saves the day again?
I'm numb to the pain these X-men movies cause now
mzk5z.gif

I'm already predicting that when they kill "Dark Phoenix" at the end, the reveal is they really killed Mystique shape-shifted as Jean who does the sacrifice play to save Jean. It gets Lawrence out of the franchise & they can continue w/ Turner if the X-babies have 3 pic deals, plus it makes Mystique the central figure again as they love to do.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing that made those comics so good was the serialized storytelling & constant character building Claremont did, which is something that lends more to television format than movies which have to shortcut to the spectacle.

The main reason both parts of the Phoenix Saga work so well is the slow build of realizing Jean has become a cosmic entity climaxing as her saving the universe and then, after hitting that peak, the slow breakdown and manipulation turning her into the Black Queen and then Dark Phoenix.

To try and shove all that into a 2-3 hour movie is really a disservice to that story & that character work, especially when you have to eliminate so many aspects of the story to tell it in that format. It'll end up being she saves the universe but her powers get away from her, fries the broccoli people and the Shi'ar have to kill her because of it, which is a completely different and unfulfilling character arc compared to Jean being seduced & overcome by her power, lusts & desires.

An X-men netflix series :wow:

Season 1 could cover the triple-OG X-men as teenagers.
Season 2 could begin with the second genesis (introduction of Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, etc) and build up to the Dark Phoenix Saga at the end.
Season 3 could introduce Kitty Pryde and later Rogue. They could cover Days of Future Past, the Brood, Wolverine's adventures in Japan, and Magneto's reformation.
Season 4 could delve into the Morlock Massacre, Fall of the Mutants, the Austriailian Outback era/Genosha, and end with a final showdown with Mr. Sinister (Loosely adapted from Inferno, I would leave out all of the Madelyne Pryor stuff)
Wrap it up with Season 5 which would transition to 90s era with the introduction of Gambit, the X-tinction Agenda, and the final battle with Magneto.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
An X-men netflix series :wow:

Season 1 could cover the triple-OG X-men as teenagers.
Season 2 could begin with the second genesis (introduction of Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, etc) and build up to the Dark Phoenix Saga at the end.
Season 3 could introduce Kitty Pryde and later Rogue. They could cover Days of Future Past, the Brood, Wolverine's adventures in Japan, and Magneto's reformation.
Season 4 could delve into the Morlock Massacre, Fall of the Mutants, the Austriailian Outback era/Genosha, and end with a final showdown with Mr. Sinister (Loosely adapted from Inferno, I would leave out all of the Madelyne Pryor stuff)
Wrap it up with Season 5 which would transition to 90s era with the introduction of Gambit, the X-tinction Agenda, and the final battle with Magneto.

That makes too much sense for the fox fukk heads. Smh just give us another cartoon series but make it M rated

Daps
Reppin
NULL
'X-Men: Dark Phoenix': Evan Peters Returning as Quicksilver (Exclusive)

June 29, 2017 3:58pm PT by Borys Kit

'X-Men: Dark Phoenix': Evan Peters Returning as Quicksilver (Exclusive)
evan_peters_lamar_johnson_split_.jpg

Getty Images; Denise Grant/Courtesy of WME
Evan Peters and Lamar Johnson

Lamar Johnson, one of the stars of the Canadian show 'The Next Step,' is also joining the cast.
Evan Peters is rejoining the X-Men.

The actor, who played the breakout character Quicksilver in X-Men: Days of Future Past and X-Men: Apocalypse, is reprising his role as the mutant speedster for X-Men: Dark Phoenix.

Also coming on board the movie, which is beginning production in Montreal this week, is Lamar Johnson, one of the stars of the BAFTA Award-winning Canadian show The Next Step.

Dark Phoenix is bringing back the recent mainstays of the X-Men franchise — Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Nicholas Hoult — as well as reuniting the younger actors of Apocalypse — Sophie Turner, Alexandra Shipp, Tye Sheridan and Kodi Smit-McPhee — as it adapts a key storyline from the X-Men comics.

Longtime X-Men steward Simon Kinberg is writing and making his directorial debut with the movie, which is slated to open Nov. 2, 2018.

Peters' Quicksilver was not part of the story when it was first told in the comic book medium, but the character has become an audience favorite with his appearances in the two previous X-Men movies.

Johnson's character is being kept under wraps.

Peters, repped by CAA and Ziffren Brittenham, has starred in multiple seasons of American Horror Story and last year appeared with Michael Shannon in Elvis & Nixon.

Johnson will next appear in the thriller Kings with Daniel Craig and Halle Berry. He is repped by WME, LINK Entertainment, and Jackoway Tyerman.

Quicksilver is back. :lupe:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Fox Schedules Six Marvel Movies Through 2021

20th Century Fox has set six release dates for their Marvel property movies on June 7, 2019 November 22, 2019; March 13, 2020 June 26, 2020, October 2, 2020, and March 5, 2021.

This is in addition to their planned releases for The New Mutants on April 13, 2018, Deadpool 2 on June 1, 2018, and X-Men: Dark Phoenix on November 2, 2018.

Fox owns the movie rights to the X-Men and Fantastic Fourcharacters, and while it has seen success with their X-Men series, the studio’s two attempts at adapting Fantastic Four have been critical failures and box office disappointments. While the X-Menseries is at an all-time high right now because of the glowing reception to Logan, it only just escaped the backlash from one of its worst-reviewed films with X-Men: Apocalypse.