X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
:stopitslime: everybody and they mama know mathew vaughn put the xmen back on track with first class, the brand was dying after that X3 garbage...

Director Bryan Singer doesn't think he's two films removed from the X-Men franchise, considering he wrote First Class and was instrumental in the film's casting. The director also continues to tease the multiple timelines that will be present in the film
:ld:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=74668

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
tumblr_nrlo05mhDe1uuqhwfo1_1280.jpg

:pachaha:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
@OG_StankBrefs

X-Men (creative franchise): What is Magneto's helmet made of?
And how does it prevent Telepaths to read his mind? What's the material? in X-Men: First Class, Russians made Schmit that helmet. How do they know what can prevent telepaths from breaking and entering?
Re-Ask
Follow6

2 ANSWERS

Cliff Gilley, X-Men fan since the late 80s.
3 upvotes by Quora User, Quora User, and Madison Miller

In the comics, at least, It's never really been explained how the helmet prevents telepaths from reading his mind or manipulating him, and it's never really been explained where is comes from or what it's made of; however, since M is the master of magnetism, one could presume that he creates the helmet from whatever materials are available to him, and connects them together in such a way as to protect himself from intrusions of telepaths and others, perhaps through subtle manipulation of magnetic waves (after all, thoughts are "merely" electronic impulses, and M has been shown to be able to interact with the EMF spectrum with his powers).

The other inferential answer is that his helmet is made of the same materials and harnesses the same power or properties as Cerebro, since M was a key player in helping Prof. X to build the machine in the first place.
Written 2 Nov, 2013 • 863 views

Upvote3
Downvote
Comments1+

Nicole Moncada, Quora User, Rohit Shinde, Madison Miller, (more)

You must understand that X-Men movies are very different than the comic books.

In the main X-Men continuity (Earth-616), Magneto resists telepaths by sheer force of will. He has been immune to telepathy even without his helmet. Perhaps it was originally intended to be part of his mutation. Unfortunately, during the Utopia story arc one unskilled writer accidentally made Magneto say that his helmet protected him from telepaths; this is a great example of the tv tropes article running the asylum. Historically, the main Magneto is naturally immune to telepathy.

In the Ultimate continuity, Magneto's helmet protects him from telepathy. Whatever the helmet is made of is never discussed as far as I know.

In the movie continuity, Magneto helped Charles Xavier to build Cerebro. It can be inferred that Magneto's helmet uses a technology similar to Cerebro to block telepathy.

Juggarnet's helmet is the same material in the comics. this expanation is BS..
my thoughts where its made of a material opposite in chemical properties to the helmet charles uses with cerebro. Since he helped make it he probably thought of the antidote..

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
So what... :troll: X3 was still garbage... and he wasnt the only person who wrote first class...
why do u keep bringing up X3 when it comes to singer? everybody knows that was a brett ratner shyt pile and literally had nothing to do with singer :dwillhuh:

Last edited:

puggle

Superstar
Daps
I noticed there's actually a pretty funny coincidence with all the people making Power Rangers connections to Apocalypse. While she is only a costumer on hand for the film and not the actual costume designer, there's a crew member who previously worked on many Power Rangers series that also worked on Apocalypse. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0048363/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr96 :mindblown::merchant::deadmanny:

While I wish there was more to it just for the fukkery:mjlol:, it's just a funny coincidence.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
I noticed there's actually a pretty funny coincidence with all the people making Power Rangers connections to Apocalypse. While she is only a costumer on hand for the film and not the actual costume designer, there's a crew member who previously worked on many Power Rangers series that also worked on Apocalypse. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0048363/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr96 :mindblown::merchant::deadmanny:

While I wish there was more to it just for the fukkery:mjlol:, it's just a funny coincidence.
Maybe the "costume designer" talent pool is running dry :ld:

:mjcry: @En Sabah Nur come speak on your big screen interpretation :blessed:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stopitslime: everybody and they mama know mathew vaughn put the xmen back on track with first class, the brand was dying after that X3 garbage...

Vaughn, to which SINGER PERSONALLY chosen to direct did an excellent job as director... but everything else from story and vision and telling Vaughn what he expected First Class to be like, that was all SINGER. That was a Bryan Singer movie with Matthew Vaughn as director.