X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
But wit da same telepathic blockin abilities as da one Shaw made tho? :patrice: :dwillhuh:

It the type of metal magneto figured out... You remember even in the first xmen movie when professor x was trying to find magneto in the begining he couldnt track him. on the island it's a metal only he knows the contents of. think of it like a shielding for telepaths much like superman cant see through lead lined shields... :ld: Even now we still dont know what type of metal it is per' se....

PS shaw didnt make the helmet he got, he said it was forged by a russian....

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
@OG_StankBrefs

X-Men (creative franchise): What is Magneto's helmet made of?
And how does it prevent Telepaths to read his mind? What's the material? in X-Men: First Class, Russians made Schmit that helmet. How do they know what can prevent telepaths from breaking and entering?
Re-Ask
Follow6

2 ANSWERS

Cliff Gilley, X-Men fan since the late 80s.
3 upvotes by Quora User, Quora User, and Madison Miller

In the comics, at least, It's never really been explained how the helmet prevents telepaths from reading his mind or manipulating him, and it's never really been explained where is comes from or what it's made of; however, since M is the master of magnetism, one could presume that he creates the helmet from whatever materials are available to him, and connects them together in such a way as to protect himself from intrusions of telepaths and others, perhaps through subtle manipulation of magnetic waves (after all, thoughts are "merely" electronic impulses, and M has been shown to be able to interact with the EMF spectrum with his powers).

The other inferential answer is that his helmet is made of the same materials and harnesses the same power or properties as Cerebro, since M was a key player in helping Prof. X to build the machine in the first place.
Written 2 Nov, 2013 • 863 views

Upvote3
Downvote
Comments1+

Nicole Moncada, Quora User, Rohit Shinde, Madison Miller, (more)

You must understand that X-Men movies are very different than the comic books.

In the main X-Men continuity (Earth-616), Magneto resists telepaths by sheer force of will. He has been immune to telepathy even without his helmet. Perhaps it was originally intended to be part of his mutation. Unfortunately, during the Utopia story arc one unskilled writer accidentally made Magneto say that his helmet protected him from telepaths; this is a great example of the tv tropes article running the asylum. Historically, the main Magneto is naturally immune to telepathy.

In the Ultimate continuity, Magneto's helmet protects him from telepathy. Whatever the helmet is made of is never discussed as far as I know.

In the movie continuity, Magneto helped Charles Xavier to build Cerebro. It can be inferred that Magneto's helmet uses a technology similar to Cerebro to block telepathy.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Yeah, because superhero films are all about pushing the boundaries of film :mjlol: most superhero flicks are predictable and forgettable. Say what you want but he directed his pedo ass off on days of future past.
we saw the trail blade blazed even the matrix had to follow. We are still seeing the fruits of the dark knight all over the place. The original superman was huge in its day. Most times the industry has a new technological toy we see it used in the action genre so :francis:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Cant get over how horrible apocalypse look. Jesus who designed that crap?

can someone explain why storm and apocalypse are chillin in the cut?
Storm
Psylocke
Magneto
Angel

Are the 4 horseman in this movie.

Angelina Jolie in her prime would of been a perfect psylocke

Olivia IS the perfect psylocke. You literally cant get better then what were looking at right now.

Wether she can act or not is another question. But looks wise. This is straight out the comics. One of the best superhero movie adaptations i've seen in a while.

Which is why i cant understand how they fukked up Apocalypse so much yet got Psylocke absolutely perfect.

Last edited:

Batter Up

I'm the first to swing
Daps
Yeah, because superhero films are all about pushing the boundaries of film :mjlol: most superhero flicks are predictable and forgettable. Say what you want but he directed his pedo ass off on days of future past.

We're talking about visuals and costume design. If you don't think superhero films are expected to break new ground or at the very least be inventive in those categories then you're in the extreme minority with that opinion.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
We're talking about visuals and costume design. If you don't think superhero films are expected to break new ground or at the very least be inventive in those categories then you're in the extreme minority with that opinion.
I loved the cinematography in DOFP, the fukk else is he supposed to do with the costumes??

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Days of future past did what most superhero flicks have problems doing. I felt like the x-men and all of humanity were really at stake, I felt like the x-men could easily fail in their mission to change the course of the future. They were literally down to one room they were hiding in and the sentinels were eventually going to find them. 99% of all superhero movies the ending is never in doubt, you basically just watch it to see how the superheros beat the villain. At any point in Avengers, Avengers 2, Ironman, captain america, etc did you really believe the heroes were going to fail? That they could possibly die? There's literally nothing at stake. The sentinels countered all the powers that the x-men had, they were murdering all of the mutants quite easily, they posed a real and direct threat. It kept me on my toes and the stakes were high. that's one big reason I loved DOFP so much.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Thor 2 pushed the boundaries of film breh :mjlol:
never even finished that garbage :mjlol:

comic book fans are so finicky. A movie could be really good and they still gonna complain about costumes, powers not being on full display or some bullshyt like that. That characters lips are supposed to be purple!!! WTF WAS THE DIRECTOR THINKING!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

comic book fans are so finicky. A movie could be really good and they still gonna complain about costumes, powers not being on full display or some bullshyt like that. That characters lips are supposed to be purple!!! WTF WAS THE DIRECTOR THINKING!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Its marvel stans breh. Plain and simple.

Every single mcu film is a dikk sucking contest.

But any non mcu films gets nit picked to death and when the movie comes out if its anything but flawless its "the worst movie ever."

Batter Up

I'm the first to swing
Daps

:mjlol: You're the one in here getting defensive about peoples opinions of a directors costume choices breh. If I knew fanboys took a little bit of criticism to heart in these threads I might have worded it differently to avoid offending you.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Its marvel stans breh. Plain and simple.

Every single mcu film is a dikk sucking contest.

But any non mcu films gets nit picked to death and when the movie comes out if its anything but flawless its "the worst movie ever."

I believe the fans want excellence from these movies tbh...:ehh:

I cannot trust a writer or director who hasnt read and understood the source material... It should be alot about fan service...

I remember watching the xmen 3 movie and the last fight the potential was fukking wasted... even the first xmen movie the fight between wolverine and sabretooth while great could have been much more vicious and crazy...

The thing is can singer and the writers make a movie that's worth watching, your getting one of the iconic xmen villans if the fans dont like what they see they're gonna hear about it... :usure:

It was easy to make apocolypse but to screw it up because you have artistic license to modify the character because your the director it sucks sometimes...

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Stop it
I believe the fans want excellence from these movies tbh...:ehh:

I cannot trust a writer or director who hasnt read and understood the source material... It should be alot about fan service...

I remember watching the xmen 3 movie and the last fight the potential was fukking wasted... even the first xmen movie the fight between wolverine and sabretooth while great could have been much more vicious and crazy...

The thing is can singer and the writers make a movie that's worth watching, your getting one of the iconic xmen villans if the fans dont like what they see they're gonna hear about it... :usure:

It was easy to make apocolypse but to screw it up because you have artistic license to modify the character because your the director it sucks sometimes...
Stop it cuz. What part of age of Ultron was true to the comics? Was it the Tony created Ultron? Was it the Vision has an infinity stone on his foreh3ad? Was it the twins being an experiment project? Was it the Hulk black widow romance. All comic book movies have taken leeway with comic book story lines :beli:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Stop it

Stop it cuz. What part of age of Ultron was true to the comics? Was it the Tony created Ultron? Was it the Vision has an infinity stone on his foreh3ad? Was it the twins being an experiment project? Was it the Hulk black widow romance. All comic book movies have taken leeway with comic book story lines :beli:

I never said they didnt. Also they wanted to use hank pym in the ultron shyt but the timing was way off due to conflicts with the other guy (ant-man director)... and the whole infinity gem in the forehead was ultron's idea... he wanted that upgraded body... the twins being a experimental hydra project. Marvel cant use mutants they dont have the rights, so they had to alter the story... I didnt mind the banner/widow romance. just wished they flushed it out more... they should have started it in this movie... so she likes and wants to bang the guy, was that such a bad thing. I just think it came out of left field they could have worked on it. where they showed them liking each other and flirting but it felt tacked on..

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I never said they didnt. Also they wanted to use hank pym in the ultron shyt but the timing was way off due to conflicts with the other guy (ant-man director)... and the whole infinity gem in the forehead was ultron's idea... he wanted that upgraded body... the twins being a experimental hydra project. Marvel cant use mutants they dont have the rights, so they had to alter the story... I didnt mind the banner/widow romance. just wished they flushed it out more... they should have started it in this movie... so she likes and wants to bang the guy, was that such a bad thing. I just think it came out of left field they could have worked on it. where they showed them liking each other and flirting but it felt tacked on..
And this is what people are talking about. You making all type of excuses for the MCU while not giving singer a chance despite having a great track record with X-1, X-2, First Class, and DOFP,