X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Yeah I agree with that. There's reason that her agent got her to an audition, but that could be either based on previous work or based on whom her agent knows; a lot of it is all about connections especially when you're younger and really don't have much of a resume. I just don't see Singer as being a guy who's tuned to Lifetime in anticipation of the new Aaliyah made for tv biopic. I could be wrong but he doesn't strike me as the core audience for that. But to my earlier point, I was watching this special on Home Improvement yesterday and the way Richard Kind got the role of Al is simply because he called the producers and asked about the audition since he had a previous relationship with them. He wasn't on their radar before but he had a connection and then auditioned and got the part.

And Halle didn't set the world on fire as storm either but I think that's more to do with them giving Storm little to nothing to do in the first 2 movies and the third was such a clustercuss it didn't matter. Hopefully Storm plays more of a role this time around just for the sake of the character and to give us something we haven't seen before

Even though Singer was probably never in a sweaty club when Baby Girl and Timbo were killing everything moving back in the day, and thus had less context for who Aaliyah was - there's still a standard for good films and meh films.

The chick who plays Sansa Stark does the TV equivalent of West End Shakespeare several months out of the year, and she works with cats like Charles Dance and Peter Dinklage. Those are some serious chops. Alexandra Shipp feels like she could have been picked out of a hat for this role.

I personally see it as the difference between casting mediocrity for a role or casting #BlackExcellence

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Even though Singer was probably never in a sweaty club when Baby Girl and Timbo were killing everything moving back in the day, and thus had less context for who Aaliyah was - there's still a standard for good films and meh films.

The chick who plays Sansa Stark does the TV equivalent of West End Shakespeare several months out of the year, and she works with cats like Charles Dance and Peter Dinklage. Those are some serious chops. Alexandra Shipp feels like she could have been picked out of a hat for this role.

I personally see it as the difference between casting mediocrity for a role or casting #BlackExcellence

True but at the same time, maybe she has serious chops? Everybody's gotta start somewhere breh

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
True but at the same time, maybe she has serious chops? Everybody's gotta start somewhere breh

I can dig that. For all we know - she could say literally one word for the entire movie. Maybe she has a good shaped skull when her hair is shaved down to a mohawk? It's not like one person could single-handedly turn the whole movie into Last Stand Pt. 2.

Is it?

:lupe:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Storm is too damn lightskinned/euro looking :camby:

The biggest crime in Xmen film history is them not casting Angela Basset as Storm in the 2000 XMEN film

With that being said, since she's supposed to grow up to look like Halle Berry in this universe I guess it's not that bad

:manny:

Yup, shyt's pathetic. Not surprising in the least bit tho. Cast light skin biracial women to play black women, never fails.

If/when Marvel or Warner Bros bring any black female superheroes to film I hope they do a better job. Been giving fox and this x-men reboot the side eye ever since they unceremoniously killed that black mutant towards the end of first class.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I can dig that. For all we know - she could say literally one word for the entire movie. Maybe she has a good shaped skull when her hair is shaved down to a mohawk? It's not like one person could single-handedly turn the whole movie into Last Stand Pt. 2.

Is it?

:lupe:

And with the way they've handled storm in the movies it wouldn't surprise me

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Storm is too damn lightskinned/euro looking :camby:

The biggest crime in Xmen film history is them not casting Angela Basset as Storm in the 2000 XMEN film

With that being said, since she's supposed to grow up to look like Halle Berry in this universe I guess it's not that bad

She was the original choice but was busy, if I recall correctly.

And even if this Storm is supposed to grow up to look like Halle, she's still the wrong choice. That's how bad this casting is, lol.

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
KungFu Fighting & kicks that are fast as Lightning
She was the original choice but was busy, if I recall correctly.

And even if this Storm is supposed to grow up to look like Halle, she's still the wrong choice. That's how bad this casting is, lol.

Singer has yet to mess up an Xmen film so I have faith in that butt munching homo

Last edited:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
458719_10152498390266923_2244904116453133925_o.jpg

10626227_10152498623241923_2575873776294184580_o.jpg

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
KungFu Fighting & kicks that are fast as Lightning
it haven't been one great x-men movie(the 1st one was close) that drop yet. they living off the tittle "X-men", shyt not even x-men just muthafuks with powers and half way story lines :yeshrug:

funny u say that because the first one was always the weakest to me

General consensus seems to be that X2, First Class and Days of Future's past were the best ones, with The Wolverine being 4 best and everything else simply ranging from eh to decent.

I'm one of the few ppl who seemed to enjoy X3 and Wolverine origins tho, Comic book nerds tend to hate those two

X1 seemed dated as fuk last time I tried to watch it

:yeshrug: