X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Dragonfly Jones

Siiiiiiiilence Punk!!
Daps
Reppin
KungFu Fighting & kicks that are fast as Lightning
Storm is too damn lightskinned/euro looking :camby:

The biggest crime in Xmen film history is them not casting Angela Basset as Storm in the 2000 XMEN film

With that being said, since she's supposed to grow up to look like Halle Berry in this universe I guess it's not that bad

:manny:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Storm is too damn lightskinned/euro looking :camby:

The biggest crime in Xmen film history is them not casting Angela Basset as Storm in the 2000 XMEN film

With that being said, since she's supposed to grow up to look like Halle Berry in this universe I guess it's not that bad

:manny:

The idea that Alexandra Shipp is still getting work after that god awful Aaliyah movie is :mindblown:

Guaranteed she plays it as American rather than Kenyan too.

At least that means Lupita could play Shuri in the Black Panther flick now.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The idea that Alexandra Shipp is still getting work after that god awful Aaliyah movie is :mindblown:

Guaranteed she plays it as American rather than Kenyan too.

At least that means Lupita could play Shuri in the Black Panther flick now.

I guarantee you Brian Singer gave a fukk about a Lifetime movie about Aaliyah.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
I guarantee you Brian Singer gave a fukk about a Lifetime movie about Aaliyah.

That's the problem.

She didn't really show me anything in it that screamed 'Oh - She has to play Storm' in the Aaliyah biopic. She probably stood out on the audition list because she's worked recently, but the standard of acting required to be part of Game Of Thrones, compared to the standard of acting needed for a Lifetime movie is so big that they're almost differet professions.

Right now it feels like it's some sort of meta joke to have everyone who plays Storm generate a :patrice:reaction...

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's the problem.

She didn't really show me anything in it that screamed 'Oh - She has to play Storm' in the Aaliyah biopic. She probably stood out on the audition list because she's worked recently, but the standard of acting required to be part of Game Of Thrones, compared to the standard of acting needed for a Lifetime movie is so big that they're almost differet professions.

Right now it feels like it's some sort of meta joke to have everyone who plays Storm generate a :patrice:reaction...

OR she actually killed it in her audition and Singer based it on that rather than a lifetime movie:whoknows: I'm not saying she's going to kill it or that she won't but as a director or a casting director, I think your job is to go off of what you see in front of you not just the resume and her resume really isn't that long to begin with. She's got the lifetime movie (which I didn't watch) and a Disney or Nick show she stars on. So at that point, her job is to come in and kill her audition along with have good chemistry with the cast.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Daps
OR she actually killed it in her audition and Singer based it on that rather than a lifetime movie:whoknows: I'm not saying she's going to kill it or that she won't but as a director or a casting director, I think your job is to go off of what you see in front of you not just the resume and her resume really isn't that long to begin with. She's got the lifetime movie (which I didn't watch) and a Disney or Nick show she stars on. So at that point, her job is to come in and kill her audition along with have good chemistry with the cast.

Fair enough - but I'm not convinced that they cast everything in a vacuum. Past work factors into it somehow - it has to. Otherwise you could end up with someone who kills in the audition, but ends up like Ricky Bobby giving an interview when the director shouts 'Action' on the first day of filming.

Like I said before :patrice:.

I could be proved wrong in the long run - great - if that's the case, but I don't see her setting the world on fire as Storm, by any stretch of the imagination.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Fair enough - but I'm not convinced that they cast everything in a vacuum. Past work factors into it somehow - it has to. Otherwise you could end up with someone who kills in the audition, but ends up like Ricky Bobby giving an interview when the director shouts 'Action' on the first day of filming.

Like I said before :patrice:.

I could be proved wrong in the long run - great - if that's the case, but I don't see her setting the world on fire as Storm, by any stretch of the imagination.

Yeah I agree with that. There's reason that her agent got her to an audition, but that could be either based on previous work or based on whom her agent knows; a lot of it is all about connections especially when you're younger and really don't have much of a resume. I just don't see Singer as being a guy who's tuned to Lifetime in anticipation of the new Aaliyah made for tv biopic. I could be wrong but he doesn't strike me as the core audience for that. But to my earlier point, I was watching this special on Home Improvement yesterday and the way Richard Kind got the role of Al is simply because he called the producers and asked about the audition since he had a previous relationship with them. He wasn't on their radar before but he had a connection and then auditioned and got the part.

And Halle didn't set the world on fire as storm either but I think that's more to do with them giving Storm little to nothing to do in the first 2 movies and the third was such a clustercuss it didn't matter. Hopefully Storm plays more of a role this time around just for the sake of the character and to give us something we haven't seen before