X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think she was to the black community, mostly because she was fine.

Bulworth, BAPS, supporting role in Executive Decision, Flintstones?

:ehh: you might be right. My opinion is slanted because I saw her a lot and always heard about her but yeah she hadn't really broke out until the 2000s. Flintstones and Boomerang were probably the biggest things she had to her name at that point. She was another one on the cusp

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They could've gotten Carrot Top to play Apocalypse, he's going to be CGI'ed and vocal effected all to hell.

Matter of fact, for people thinking the actor matters, people were amped up by Thanos appearing for 5 seconds at the end of "The Avengers" and nobody had any idea who the actor was. Nobody....and I mean nobody....was like "Oh Thanos....that's cool I guess, but let's wait to see who plays him".

Fred.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
They could've gotten Carrot Top to play Apocalypse, he's going to be CGI'ed and vocal effected all to hell.

Matter of fact, for people thinking the actor matters, people were amped up by Thanos appearing for 5 seconds at the end of "The Avengers" and nobody had any idea who the actor was. Nobody....and I mean nobody....was like "Oh Thanos....that's cool I guess, but let's wait to see who plays him".

Fred.
Did Thanos say anything at the end of Avengers? I feel bad for Mark Ruffalo having to do all that green screen work. lol

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Did Thanos say anything at the end of Avengers? I feel bad for Mark Ruffalo having to do all that green screen work. lol

I don't understand your point. The internet went nuts just off seeing Thanos despite the fact it was this guy playing him:

damion-poitier-thanos-avengers.jpg

Who is that? You have no idea, do you?

They care about the character, not who is playing him. And I use the term "playing him" loosely, because Thanos (and most likely Apocalypse) won't be some in depth mo-cap session like Smaug or Caesar, nor will it be their voice. If nobody told you it was Josh Brolin playing Thanos in this scene, you'd never know:

And nobody would give a fukk who it was, either. It's Thanos, that's all they need to know.

Fred.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I don't understand your point. The internet went nuts just off seeing Thanos despite the fact it was this guy playing him:

damion-poitier-thanos-avengers.jpg

Who is that? You have no idea, do you?

They care about the character, not who is playing him. And I use the term "playing him" loosely, because Thanos (and most likely Apocalypse) won't be some in depth mo-cap session like Smaug or Caesar, nor will it be their voice. If nobody told you it was Josh Brolin playing Thanos in this scene, you'd never know:

And nobody would give a fukk who it was, either. It's Thanos, that's all they need to know.

Fred.

At this point he has only said a few words so yer right it doesn't matter. If he has to deliver dialogue or better yet a monologue it will matter. Plus just saying big time actor X as Thanos/Apocalypse/Caesar speaks to the integrity of the project.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I feel like if Apocalypse was going to be fully CG then they would have got a big name or an actor that has a distinct voice e.g. Spader as Ultron, Cumberpatch as Smaug, Brolin as Thanos, Serkis as Caesar etc to portray him. But they haven't:patrice:Make-up and prosthetics yes but a full mo-cap? not so sure. I think they'll do with Apocalypsese what they did with McKellen as Magneto.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Those thinking Apocalypse is gonna be a 11 foot mutant with celestial tech are in for a rude awakening I fux with the X-men movie franchise for the most part but they always shy away from comic book accurate looks. At best he'll resemble the Apocalypse of the comics about as much as they portrayed the Sentinels in DOFP which will be kinda.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
I feel like if Apocalypse was going to be fully CG then they would have got a big name or an actor that has a distinct voice e.g. Spader as Ultron, Cumberpatch as Smaug, Brolin as Thanos, Serkis as Caesar etc to portray him. But they haven't:patrice:Make-up and prosthetics yes but a full mo-cap? not so sure. I think they'll do with Apocalypsese what they did with McKellen as Magneto.
Just found out Michael motherfukking Douglas playing Ant Man :ohhh:

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
At this point he has only said a few words so yer right it doesn't matter. If he has to deliver dialogue or better yet a monologue it will matter. Plus just saying big time actor X as Thanos/Apocalypse/Caesar speaks to the integrity of the project.
A brother playing a serious role in a marvel movie? :mjpls: dude was perfect as and for Thanos.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:usure:
Hugh Jackman, star of Paperback Hero, and Ellen Paige, star of Hard Candy and the Trailer Park Boys :russ:
Exactly, Juno came out the year after she was in XMen.

Even Halle was more famous for being fine as hell, not for her acting or ability to draw.

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
I think she was to the black community, mostly because she was fine.

Bulworth, BAPS, supporting role in Executive Decision, Flintstones?
Strictly Business was the first of 2 times I legit shed tears over a girl I could not have :mjcry: