X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
So are we officially calling this movie a flop? An X-Men movie with Apocalypse as the villain is barely beating "Ant-Man" in the Box Office & "Warcraft" did better in the international box office.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
wanted to elaborate on my thoughts.

1. What the hell was with some of the sets? Looked like some of them were straight out of a low budget tv show, like when Apoc takes Professor X and he's laying down on those fake ass looking rocks, I dunno, I just thought the sets looked fake as fukk or low budget, same goes with some of the CGI like psylocke's sword.

2. Apoc still reminded me of Ivan Ooze and honestly it was hard to take him as uber powerful/menacing

3. I liked the ancient egyptian shyt, i honestly just wish the movie had more ancient egypt shyt in it.

4. Some of the motivations for Apoc's 4 horsemen were stupid. Magneto made sense in why he would just go full psycho kill all humans mode, but why Storm, Psylocke and Angel? Why would they be so power hungry that they'd be willing to kill everyone?

5. It wasn't insanely bad, just wasn't up to the standards set by FC and DOFP. I also thought some of the writing was rather bland/boring/uninspired.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Finally caught this and it was pretty fukking weak

- J-Law was in blue form for like 3 min total :stopitslime:

- Psylocke in her swinsuit while everybody else is in swat gear :heh:

- Half the cast looked like they were phoning it in

- I found myself saying "these nikkas are clearly on a set" way too many times and the cgi for Psylocke's sword and Scott's beam looked Syfy channel at times

- FOX and Singer really need to give Magneto and Mystique a fukking break, I'm tired of these 2 :russell:

- Apoc was ass. fukking Malekith from Thor 2 was more memorable

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
So are we officially calling this movie a flop? An X-Men movie with Apocalypse as the villain is barely beating "Ant-Man" in the Box Office & "Warcraft" did better in the international box office.
It's the 2nd highest grossing x men film. If you're calling this a flop then you're calling the entire franchise flops and their wouldn't be this many movies if they were flops.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

It's the 2nd highest grossing x men film. If you're calling this a flop then you're calling the entire franchise flops and their wouldn't be this many movies if they were flops.

Real talk as popular as the overall X-Men franchise (Films, comics, various animated series, video games, merchandise, & etc) is, The box office success of the MCU has set the bar that the X-Men films SHOULD be pulling in a billion dollars per movie in the Global Box office (The same goes for the Spider-Man movies). I'm actually surprised how little we shyt on Fox for underachieving in the box office with these movie.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Real talk as popular as the overall X-Men franchise (Films, comics, various animated series, video games, merchandise, & etc) is, The box office success of the MCU has set the bar that the X-Men films SHOULD be pulling in a billion dollars per movie in the Global Box office (The same goes for the Spider-Man movies). I'm actually surprised how little we shyt on Fox for underachieving in the box office with these movie.

Because box office doesn't always equal quality? X2, First Class, and Days of Future Past are the most well received movies in the franchise, with First Class probably being the most well received but its made the least amount of money. So why are you fronting like box office success is a key indicator of quality? Unless I'm a bean counter at fox or on the payroll, i really don't give a damn. just give me good movies and let them worry about how much its making and who's getting paid.

And have you seen the flick or is this another one you haven't seen but you're speaking on it?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Because box office doesn't always equal quality? X2, First Class, and Days of Future Past are the most well received movies in the franchise, with First Class probably being the most well received but its made the least amount of money. So why are you fronting like box office success is a key indicator of quality? Unless I'm a bean counter at fox or on the payroll, i really don't give a damn. just give me good movies and let them worry about how much its making and who's getting paid.

And have you seen the flick or is this another one you haven't seen but you're speaking on it?

:yeshrug: I wasn't talking about quality of the film, I was straight-up just talking about Box office success. Seeing some of these other films make a Billion, what Fox's excuse for not making a Billion with these X-Men films?