X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:yeshrug: I wasn't talking about quality of the film, I was straight-up just talking about Box office success. Seeing some of these other films make a Billion, what Fox's excuse for not making a Billion with these X-Men films?

Don't know don't care breh lol. Maybe the international appeal of the x men isn't as great as it should be but they've never been one to look for that billion dollar club except when it comes to Cameron movies

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Because box office doesn't always equal quality? X2, First Class, and Days of Future Past are the most well received movies in the franchise, with First Class probably being the most well received but its made the least amount of money. So why are you fronting like box office success is a key indicator of quality? Unless I'm a bean counter at fox or on the payroll, i really don't give a damn. just give me good movies and let them worry about how much its making and who's getting paid.

And have you seen the flick or is this another one you haven't seen but you're speaking on it?
DOFP did the best critically.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Real talk as popular as the overall X-Men franchise (Films, comics, various animated series, video games, merchandise, & etc) is, The box office success of the MCU has set the bar that the X-Men films SHOULD be pulling in a billion dollars per movie in the Global Box office (The same goes for the Spider-Man movies). I'm actually surprised how little we shyt on Fox for underachieving in the box office with these movie.
breh you act like a billion dollar movies are a normal occurrence. it's only happened 26 times EVER. and 17 of them have been in the past 5 years. it's a new phenomenon. #inflation

Richard Wright

Living Legend
Daps
breh you act like a billion dollar movies are a normal occurrence. it's only happened 26 times EVER. and 17 of them have been in the past 5 years. it's a new phenomenon. #inflation

Stilln doesn't excuse mystique being the leader of the xmnen, storm being some Egyptian street running fan girl, and psylocke looking like she makes $30\hour walking around comic con.

Magneto with max powers is way stronger than apoc, why would he be his bytch? What happened to apoc's control over mutants? I enjoyed this movie but quality points were left on the table.

And Ivan ooze @Sensitive Blake Griffin :scust:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I remember when the official pictures of how he would look came out and people were making jokes saying it was Ivan Ooze, and obviously, I saw the similarities but I didn't think it would actually bother me while I was watching the film but I couldn't shake it.. and I feel like it made the villain much less sinister to me.

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
Just watched this movie. Felt like this was a movie for hotep consciousness

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The best part of the movie easily remains when Jean unleashed the phoenix (even though it doesn't work like that) and killed apoc.

They would've been better off doing an origins movie on Apoc. The opening sequence literally looked like the end of another movie and was more interesting than the rest of the flick.

But I guess Fox is too scared to take chances, and refuses to make an X-Men movie that doesn't include Logan.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Yo I almost forgot about something that really pissed me off about this movie. Was watching it again today with my family and I have to address it....

HOW DID THAT WEAK ASS ARROW KILL ONE PERSON, LET ALONE TWO?!:mjlol:.

They just gotta fukk with magneto one way or another huh:francis:

Oh and that nuke scene might be the biggest waste I've ever seen. Could've been so badass. I was legit shook for a second. Thought he was about to let nukes rain. But he just leaves them in the atmosphere :francis:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Yo I almost forgot about something that really pissed me off about this movie. Was watching it again today with my family and I have to address it....

HOW DID THAT WEAK ASS ARROW KILL ONE PERSON, LET ALONE TWO?!:mjlol:.

They just gotta fukk with magneto one way or another huh:francis:

Oh and that nuke scene might be the biggest waste I've ever seen. Could've been so badass. I was legit shook for a second. Thought he was about to let nukes rain. But he just leaves them in the atmosphere :francis:
shyt was just wood and went through em like a goddamn lightsaber :laff:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
People have really overblown this idea that a movie making a billion is some frequent occurrence when the truth is not even close to that. Here are the 26 films that have grossed over a billy:

d2JONki.jpg

Not hitting a billion doesn't equal failure.