X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

YaBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And can we talk about how Magneto caught more bodies than a nikka named Apocalypse :what:
He does this every movie & at the end he just helps them clean up the mess he made. Somehow everyone forgets he was just tearing apart cities
1. Super cheesy is in understatement once you break down what you just say scene by scene
2. Even when they try to develop characters like Magneto, Mystique and the professor, they recycle shyt. It's like they develop in circles.
3. The scene with the carpet and the sun almost made me walk out on this movie. It was lazy and so random.
4. I give Jean a pass but after 2 previous movies, Mystic should be a seasoned vet. Her characters comes off as a network TV role.
5. Throwing stuff together is an understatement. They threw scenes together just to get to the special effects which acted as the glue. Very weak plot.
6. Stryker was simply a shoe that would allow them to shoe horn in a Wolverine cameo. They probably had meetings trying to figure it out. Then someone throw that dart at the board and they ran with it. Notice how swiftly both Wolverine and Stryker dipped. The irony. It's like both of those characters knew they had no real purpose for that movie.
7. The CIA chick was literally the Louis Lane ex Machina. She only served to advance the plot when needed. She unleashed Apocalypse and explained to the audience who he was. And she was the obligatory love story angle.
8. Apocalypse looking silly is an understatement. The FIRST scene has him looking :flabbynsick: which was dumb as fukk. They basically jacked Ra from Stargate. They had him wondering earth like a grumpy old man.. I can go on and on but fukk it. Even Magneto in X3 was smart enough to assemble an army of mutants.
9. In the new Xmen Universe Magneto and Mystic are hero's. I don't know why they don't sop bullshytting and just make him an X-Men :russ:
10. They literally jacked that scene from Freddy vs. Jason :dead:
11. There was no writing involved. It was a freestyle.
12. One of few moments they got right. Its a shame they have yet to show all of the other mutants true powers. magneto is powerful enough to move asteroids.
13. That Quicksilver scene was like watching The Hangover 2. Same jokes, different setting. And they grossly over did his powers to the point it wasn't believable like the first one. He was literally able to stop time or almost moving at the speed of light.
I can't give anyone in this movie a pass for bad acting. This a major film with millions spent on the budget, she can't get an excuse for nick-at-nite level acting :francis:

Whoever green lighted that carpet shyt should be barred from Hollywood. If I spent an afternoon watching cartoons, I'd probably see the same scene. Are they telling me this whole plot could have been avoided if it was a partly cloudy day? :mjlol:

& Apoc learned about all these powerful mutants in the world and thought "Hmmm....I'll probably only need a nikka with sharp wings for protection :ehh:"
:dead:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
1. Super cheesy is in understatement once you break down what you just say scene by scene
2. Even when they try to develop characters like Magneto, Mystique and the professor, they recycle shyt. It's like they develop in circles.
3. The scene with the carpet and the sun almost made me walk out on this movie. It was lazy and so random.
4. I give Jean a pass but after 2 previous movies, Mystic should be a seasoned vet. Her characters comes off as a network TV role.
5. Throwing stuff together is an understatement. They threw scenes together just to get to the special effects which acted as the glue. Very weak plot.
6. Stryker was simply a shoe that would allow them to shoe horn in a Wolverine cameo. They probably had meetings trying to figure it out. Then someone throw that dart at the board and they ran with it. Notice how swiftly both Wolverine and Stryker dipped. The irony. It's like both of those characters knew they had no real purpose for that movie.
7. The CIA chick was literally the Louis Lane ex Machina. She only served to advance the plot when needed. She unleashed Apocalypse and explained to the audience who he was. And she was the obligatory love story angle.
8. Apocalypse looking silly is an understatement. The FIRST scene has him looking :flabbynsick: which was dumb as fukk. They basically jacked Ra from Stargate. They had him wondering earth like a grumpy old man.. I can go on and on but fukk it. Even Magneto in X3 was smart enough to assemble an army of mutants.
9. In the new Xmen Universe Magneto and Mystic are hero's. I don't know why they don't sop bullshytting and just make him an X-Men :russ:
10. They literally jacked that scene from Freddy vs. Jason :dead:
11. There was no writing involved. It was a freestyle.
12. One of few moments they got right. Its a shame they have yet to show all of the other mutants true powers. magneto is powerful enough to move asteroids.
13. That Quicksilver scene was like watching The Hangover 2. Same jokes, different setting. And they grossly over did his powers to the point it wasn't believable like the first one. He was literally able to stop time or almost moving at the speed of light.

the quicksilver scene was whack, It was too long and the cgi was Blade 1 blood status. Where was the scarlet witch, she should have powers now.

Jubilee getting no burn was a crime, I sat up in my seat when she first got dialog and was waiting for

encyclo_illustre_1293018274.jpg

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Jubilee getting no burn was a crime, I sat up in my seat when she first got dialog and was waiting for

encyclo_illustre_1293018274.jpg

They had a no source material reading policy.. After they decided what her powers were gonna be somebody probably busted into the meeting with a comic book in their hand screaming "noooooooooo" :russ:

Then they said :manny: fukk it... and didn't give her any powers :dead:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Are they telling me this whole plot could have been avoided if it was a partly cloudy day? :mjlol:

fukk the clouds that sunlight turned corners and went over/under rocks to light that shyt :mjpls:

Ain't no what in hell sunlight reached that deep. Keep in mind when they first found that whole or dug it up it wasn't always covered :russ:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
They had a no source material reading policy.. After they decided what her powers were gonna be somebody probably busted into the meeting with a comic book in their hand screaming "noooooooooo" :russ:

Then they said :manny: fukk it... and didn't give her any powers :dead:

They filmed it, you see her sparking up here

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
They filmed it, you see her sparking up here

That's probably how wolverine ended up in the movie. Singer was probably gonna make her invisible or some shyt and was like :mjpls: if I can't make her invisible then I want wolverine in the movie instead. The suits were probably like hell no but the assistant showed them the comic book and the back lash the would get so they caved.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
fukk the clouds that sunlight turned corners and went over/under rocks to light that shyt :mjpls:

Ain't no what in hell sunlight reached that deep. Keep in mind when they first found that whole or dug it up it wasn't always covered :russ:
:laff:

That light had more determination than Apocalypse himself :deadmanny:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
He's definitely got some running around in the comics.

-Daken (mother is his deceased Japanese wife Itsu)
-Gunhawk (mother is some canadian chick)
-Saw fist (mother is some mexican chick)
-Cannon Foot (mother is...some chick)
-Fire Knives (mother is unknown)
-Erisa (mother was some chick from the Savage Land)
-Shadowstalker (mother is unknown)

And it's implied he has more running around. I guess when you're in you're 100s and age slowly, you get around. Interesting thing is he had to kill some of them. for various reasons.
I read that entire saga....bruh was sent to hell, fought demons and the devil himself, came back for payback only to be set up and murder his children :to:Why they always gotta make Logan go through so much trials :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got back from seeing the movie... I'm still collecting my thoughts.

I'll start with what I did actually like though.
* Cyclops wasn't treated like a total chump for once, and that was a breath of fresh air. We got to see him actually doing things somewhat. It's a shame too because he's a boss in the comics, but is usually badly mistreated in the movies. I'm glad they gave him a little more shine this time around.
* Seeing Nightcrawler back in action was a real treat as well. He was a great, funny, and overall likable character and long overdue for a comeback.
* The Quicksilver scene was well done, and a lot of fun.
* I actually really liked Wolverine's cameo. It's probably the most accurate depiction of him we've seen. He was feral, a dangerous killing machine, and he gave zero whats. As it should be.
* Fassbender acted his butt off for sure-- he killed the role no doubt (but I call shenanigans on letting him go free at the end).
* The danger room sequence at the end... it's too bad the movie ends right as they're about to finally have the X-men doing some X-men stuff and bodying sentinels.

As for what I didn't like...
* Said it before and I'll say it again. Mystique is NOT a hero, and they need to stop making her one just because she's played by somebody. I would get it if she were more of a grey, neutral character who served as antagonist or an ally on a whim, but shoehorning her into the leader role and having all the other characters looking up to her was :snoop: to me. Seriously forced. And in the end, all she really did was get choked out by Apoc :mjlol:
* Whitewashed egyptians :scust:
* The first act dragged IMO. It felt like they were trying to shoehorn EVERYONE'S backstories into one movie. This wouldn't have been a problem if they had actually cared about the rest of the X-men from the beginning instead of hyper-focusing all of their movies around the same three characters. Nobody really has a real arc in Apocalypse, and the writers took too long to start giving a care about 90% of the characters.
* The Horsemen were glorified extras. We feel nothing when they're recruited because we're given so little time to know and care about them as good guys. Storm deserved better. :mjcry:
* As much fun as the Quicksilver scene was, they made him way too OP. How did he not kill anyone picking them up and carrying them so quickly? He could have solved 90% of the problems in the movie himself in a matter of seconds and we're supposed to believe he spent the last ten years in his mom's basement? He's likable and fun, but come on.
* Apocalypse was NEEEEERRRRRRRFFFFFFEEEEEDDDDD. They shouldn't have killed him at the end. Where do they go from here?
* The Phoenix force at the end was pure deus ex machina. They really should have built up to the Phoenix more (not to mention that it's an external cosmic force and not naturally part of Jean's powerset).

I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10. Not amazing but still much better than The Last Stand/Origins.

Wall of text ahead:
IMO the movie should have followed Scott from the beginning. After introducing Apocalypse, Introduce Scott and have him discover his powers and get recruited to the school. Have Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, Angel, Psylocke, and Jubilee be the fellow students that he begins to meet and bond with. Beast begins to train the group in the use of their powers, culminating in a big fight with sentinels in the danger room (so there's some action in the first act), and the movie transitions to Magneto. His peaceful life comes to an abrupt end when his family is slaughtered by bigoted humans (like the original movie). He snaps and kills the policemen, and is recruited by Apocalypse.

Worldwide news spreads of Magneto and Apocalypse's destructive rampage, and the world begins to fear and hate mutants even more. Stryker's men raid the mansion (with the help of a tip-off from Mystique, who has sold out the cause and is now working for the government), and in the process they manage to kidnap Storm, Psylocke, Angel, and Prof. X (Angel's wings get amputated in the fight). The heroes get their morale crushed after the loss, but Cyclops rallies the remaining X-men/students together and leads the team on a mission to infiltrate the complex and rescue their friends. Along the way they bump into Logan who gets his sanity restored and agrees to help upon learning that Charles has been captured.

However, Apocalypse beats the heroes to the complex, carving a bloody swath on his way to recruit the rest of his horsemen as a part of his plan to exterminate humanity and create a world where only the strong will rule. Storm, Angel, and Psylocke are disillusioned after the tragedy of the attack and agree to become Apoc's horsemen as Apocalypse plans to transfer his consciousness to Prof X. (or whatever he tried to do to steal his powers at the end). The X-men fight their way through the complex and sellout Mystique flees the scene like the snake that she is. The heroes confront Apoc and his horsemen. The horsemen come to their senses and turn against Apocalypse. Apoc considers them weak for their sentiment and flees with Angel (now Archangel). Storm and Psylocke rejoin the group, but Magneto declines, preferring to take a more militant approach to the fight for mutant acceptance.

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
IMO the movie should have followed Scott from the beginning. After introducing Apocalypse, Introduce Scott and have him discover his powers and get recruited to the school. Have Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, Angel, Psylocke, and Jubilee be the fellow students that he begins to meet and bond with. Beast begins to train the group in the use of their powers, culminating in a big fight with sentinels in the danger room (so there's some action in the first act), and the movie transitions to Magneto. His peaceful life comes to an abrupt end when his family is slaughtered by bigoted humans (like the original movie). He snaps and kills the policemen, and is recruited by Apocalypse.

Worldwide news spreads of Magneto and Apocalypse's destructive rampage, and the world begins to fear and hate mutants even more. Stryker's men raid the mansion (with the help of a tip-off from Mystique, who has sold out the cause and is now working for the government), and in the process they manage to kidnap Storm, Psylocke, Angel, and Prof. X (Angel's wings get amputated in the fight). The heroes get their morale crushed after the loss, but Cyclops rallies the remaining X-men/students together and leads the team on a mission to infiltrate the complex and rescue their friends. Along the way they bump into Logan who gets his sanity restored and agrees to help upon learning that Charles has been captured.

However, Apocalypse beats the heroes to the complex, carving a bloody swath on his way to recruit the rest of his horsemen as a part of his plan to exterminate humanity and create a world where only the strong will rule. Storm, Angel, and Psylocke are disillusioned after the tragedy of the attack and agree to become Apoc's horsemen as Apocalypse plans to transfer his consciousness to Prof X. (or whatever he tried to do to steal his powers at the end). The X-men fight their way through the complex and sellout Mystique flees the scene like the snake that she is. The heroes confront Apoc and his horsemen. The horsemen come to their senses and turn against Apocalypse. Apoc considers them weak for their sentiment and flees with Angel (now Archangel). Storm and Psylocke rejoin the group, but Magneto declines, preferring to take a more militant approach to the fight for mutant acceptance.
you see how easy that shyt was?
and these a$$holes get paid to do what you just did and to do it worse :deadmanny:
ive had beef with these X-Men movies FROM JUMP
so all that Disney bullshyt stan bullshyt can up out my face :camby:
because after the "OH shyt!! I just saw Wolverine on the big screen!" :krs: feeling wore off it dawned on me after the FIRST X-Men...
"they REALLY should have made Scott the focal point in that shyt" But of course this all before all this universe building fukkery thats poppin off now so I guess I couldnt get too upset
but for them to basically, (like homie said in a previous post) keep doing pretty much the same shyt in every movie is a lil pathetic
i guess thats what sucks about being a hardcore fan like that
i was never really into the Avengers growing up
they aint really go thru no live shyt
after the first team with Scott, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel, and Iceman the book got more and more DIVERSE and interesting with the characters backgrounds.
they what? how many X-films in now and still got Storm on some background shyt mumbling a couple of weak ass lines.
Storm came to the X-Men owned the Morlocks, sonned a couple bytchass haters, and every once and awhile did what Wolverine 4loko ass couldnt seem to do and that was g-check Cyclops
shes the fukkin second leader of the team!:heh:
theres only 2 people higher than that on the totem pole
one being Cyclops and the other has the X in his last name :deadmanny:
that shyt ALONE is unacceptable
meanwhile in Disney land we got fukkin BLACK WIDOW already in talks of a solo flik :deadmanny:
bytch dont even have powers!! :deadmanny:
Salt 2... *cough cough! pardon, Black Widow... starring Scarlett Johansson
and these jokers somehow cant get a flying woman who controls the weather poppin off properly? :huhldup:
i commend them tho in a way for "trying" to hit that reset button with First Class
but apprently Magneto, Mystique, and Charles seem to be the only ones with any REAL problems in these fukkin movies :deadmanny:
and like me and you said,
you dropped the Boss Hawg mutant in this movie with Apocalypse. Moked him out real quick with "we just met yesterday" PRE-DANGER ROOM X-Men :heh:
now what? and wasted the opportunity for ArchAngel to get in them Psylocke cheeks,:lolbron: but i guess we can cross our fingers to wait and see WHICH X-Force team they decide to toss at us and magically get those 2 back
they dont need Disney/Marvel
they need some folks who care about this shyt
but this just me and my opinion
my word aint the gospel
i just feel like we really been cheated out of some GOAT level X-Men shyt all these years :mjcry: