X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Its crazy how the last four movies have all been Magneto fukking shyt up, regretting it, then bouncing at the end like
tumblr_inline_o7wded7MwA1s4ljwj_500.gif

:pachaha:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Watched the video and she was on point. The X-Men movies have always occupied this weird grey area of being comic book movies without really embracing it.

She's also right about how even though the X-Men films have been around so long, DOFP was the first one to really make a lot of money. Before DOFP, no X-Men film had ever made $500 million.

It doesn't help that Fox doesn't give a single fukk about continuity. You got Mystique capturing Wolverine at the end of DOFP yet that shyt doesn't even get brought up in Apocalypse.

I've also said before that the X-Men films are more like Wolverine and the X-Men movies. First Class is the closest one to really feeling like a X-Men movie. First Class has the mutants coming together, showing off their powers and actually doing shyt. It has a new villain with Sebastian Shaw.

I liked DOFP but didn't love it like most and part of the reason for that is because it's another Wolverine focused movie with Magneto being the villain again.

I'm way more interested in the New Mutants film than anything else coming from this franchise.

I hope you all realized how valuable wolverine is as you saw these other characters try to carry the load:mjcry:...Yall still want Hugh Jackman gone now:damn:!?

And this movie was boring as shyt man,not sure what some of you were watching...everythimg just seemed so force,from Magnetos family being killed in order to turn him to the dark side...To Mystique being seen as a hero worldwide...jennifer lawrence acting is the other thing,she was as boring as watching paint dry,cant believe they payin this ho what they payin her:mjlol:...they played the shyt outta Storm,maybe becuz she turned good at the end they didnt want to show her actually destroy shyt....i thought that bridge getting destroyed in the trailer in what looked like a hurrican was storm...but nah turns out she just shoots lightning and wind gust again:snoop:

Beast being able to turn his powers on and off again is bullshyt,nightcrawlers powers being the plot device that never stopped giving was wack....everytime u turned around they had nightcrawler saving they azz versus being creative.....one upside is jean and scott didnt suck this time:wow:

And also we can all agree ive been vindicated:banderas:...i said the actress playijg storm wasnt that bad as yall said she would be....and she was actually very good as Storm,even pulled off a decent accent:youngsabo:

The wolverine cameo was not worth making it where they couldnt recast.

apocalypse motives were clear to me,he already told us he was worshipped as god....he was basically a jealous bitter god like he was described in the books based on him,written by humans....my problem with that is after "learning" all that shyt thru the tv,it seems like his ambitions was ancient as shyt:mjlol:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
I hope you all realized how valuable wolverine is as you saw these other characters try to carry the load:mjcry:...Yall still want Hugh Jackman gone now:damn:!?

And this movie was boring as shyt man,not sure what some of you were watching...everythimg just seemed so force,from Magnetos family being killed in order to turn him to the dark side...To Mystique being seen as a hero worldwide...jennifer lawrence acting is the other thing,she was as boring as watching paint dry,cant believe they payin this ho what they payin her:mjlol:...they played the shyt outta Storm,maybe becuz she turned good at the end they didnt want to show her actually destroy shyt....i thought that bridge getting destroyed in the trailer in what looked like a hurrican was storm...but nah turns out she just shoots lightning and wind gust again:snoop:

Beast being able to turn his powers on and off again is bullshyt,nightcrawlers powers being the plot device that never stopped giving was wack....everytime u turned around they had nightcrawler saving they azz versus being creative.....one upside is jean and scott didnt suck this time:wow:

And also we can all agree ive been vindicated:banderas:...i said the actress playijg storm wasnt that bad as yall said she would be....and she was actually very good as Storm,even pulled off a decent accent:youngsabo:

apocalypse motives were clear to me,he already told us he was worshipped as god....he was basically a jealous bitter god like he was described in the books based on him,written by humans....my problem with that is after "learning" all that shyt thru the tv,it seems like his ambitions was ancient as shyt:mjlol:

I thought they might have touched on night crawler going to hell like in xmen evolution to set up another movie.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

Jennifer Lawrence didnt even look like she wanted to be there :francis:
shorty had a Bruce Willis in the last Die Hard moment all thru this shyt
after watching again for the second time, yeah theres some nice moments, but these X-Men movies man :beli:
i think what my problem is im too much of an X-Men STAN to really give any of these shyts love like that.
they making these fukkin movies and dont even know where they wanna go with the shyts imo
NOW you wanna throw Mr.Sinister in the mix? NOW?!
might as well just make Magneto the villain for the rest of these movies
the whole Storm thing is just blatant disrespect to that character
that shyt alone be having me like cmon :martin:
when you really sit back and think about this shyt really aint no different from that first Wolverine movie :pachaha:
im not trolling
i aint trying be funny

throw a buncha mutants on screen, you aint gotta have no feelings whatsoever for these characters
comic book Beast is lookin at movie Beast like "damn! you figured out how to control the blue me THAT FAST?!":dwillhuh:

NIghtcrawler lookin around like "shyt, i dont like being blue either.":mjcry:

and i dont know if my eyes deceived me cause this new copy is off the meat
but Quicksilver really couldnt save Havoc?:wtb:
was he pre-blown away already?
i dont want the kid coming out lookin like Darkman and shyt

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
They hyped her up and she didn't do shyt.

Olivia Munn was borderline terrible, I liked apocalypse until he went giant man, I thought the we're going to setup Onslaught.
people will prolly laugh but Jubilee always been one of my favorite characters
:russ:
shes just top to bottom all around fukkery
shorty became a vampire :mjlol:

YaBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just saw this for the first time earlier. I give it a :trash:/10
Is it just me, or was this movie suuuuuuper cheesy? :what: It really seemed like a disney channel original movie with mutants.
There was pretty much no character development
The most powerful being on the planet is unleashed because some white woman pulled a rug off of some wooden slacks
Jean and Mystique had some horrible c-rate acting
It seemed like they were just throwing stuff together & hoping it worked
All that stuff with Stryker didn't really push the story much
That FBI chick from First Class was worthless to the movie after she let out apocolypse
Apocalypse looked silly
Mystique being a hero/leading the new xmen is silly
There was just so much :martin: in this movie
Nightcrawler being the get-out-of-jail-free card in every scene
Magneto being bipolar for like the 3rd straight movie :snoop:
I mean, who really didn't see him turning on apocalypse at the end?
That mental battle between Xavier & Apoc was cheesy. "You're in my house now :birdman:"
:stopitslime::aicmon::beli:
Who the fukk wrote the dialogue in this shyt :snoop:

But when Magneto got on the juice & you could see the magnetic fields :wow:
When Quiksilver stole the scene again :banderas:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Friday Box Office: 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Drops 75%, Tops $100M As 'Alice' Plunges 67%
X-Men: Apocalypse earned just $6.55 million on its second Friday, down a harsh 75.1% from its opening $26.4m Friday (which included $8.2m in Thursday previews). Yes, we are at the point when films commonly earn more on their Thursday previews than they do on their eighth day of release. But a 75% drop isn’t remotely a franchise-low for this famously un-leggy series. X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men: Days of Future Past both opened on Memorial Day and they dropped 77 % ($10.3m) and 73% ($9.4m) on their second Fridays, respectively. And X-Men Origins: Wolverine plunged 75.8% ($8.3m) on its second Friday as well. It also crossed the $100m domestic mark, so there’s that.

More troubling is that it’s close to the same drop with smaller figures overall, and especially disconcerting is that it’s less than the $7.5 million (-64%) second Friday of X-Men: First Class back in 2011 and in 2D. If Apocalypse plays like the last two Memorial Day X-Men movies, it’ll earn around $21-$22 million in weekend two. If it plays like X-Men Origins: Wolverine, it barely gets to $20m on weekend two. So we’re looking at a second-weekend drop of around 66% and a ten-day total of around $117m. It’s still looking like a $156-$167m domestic total.

That’s less than what Deadpool earned in its first week, and may be below the $157 million gross of X-Men and just above the $148m (from 2011 and in 2D) total of X-Men: First Class. but it may be irrelevant if overseas muscle pulls it out of the domestic fire. It will be interesting to see what’s to be done if X-Men basically becomes the comic book superhero franchise equivalent of the Ice Age franchise. That’s not the worst problem to have, but, again… interesting. As for the culprit, it’s less that the film was “rejected” by moviegoers so much that it didn’t make much of a ripple this week. Most of the conversation was about a somewhat grotesque poster/billboard of Jennifer Lawrence being choked by Oscar Isaac (in an otherwise solid campaign), so that’s not exactly a win.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I just saw this for the first time earlier. I give it a :trash:/10
Is it just me, or was this movie suuuuuuper cheesy? :what: It really seemed like a disney channel original movie with mutants.
There was pretty much no character development
The most powerful being on the planet is unleashed because some white woman pulled a rug off of some wooden slacks
Jean and Mystique had some horrible c-rate acting
It seemed like they were just throwing stuff together & hoping it worked
All that stuff with Stryker didn't really push the story much
That FBI chick from First Class was worthless to the movie after she let out apocolypse
Apocalypse looked silly
Mystique being a hero/leading the new xmen is silly
There was just so much :martin: in this movie
Nightcrawler being the get-out-of-jail-free card in every scene
Magneto being bipolar for like the 3rd straight movie :snoop:
I mean, who really didn't see him turning on apocalypse at the end?
That mental battle between Xavier & Apoc was cheesy. "You're in my house now :birdman:"
:stopitslime::aicmon::beli:
Who the fukk wrote the dialogue in this shyt :snoop:

But when Magneto got on the juice & you could see the magnetic fields :wow:
When Quiksilver stole the scene again :banderas:

1. Super cheesy is in understatement once you break down what you just say scene by scene
2. Even when they try to develop characters like Magneto, Mystique and the professor, they recycle shyt. It's like they develop in circles.
3. The scene with the carpet and the sun almost made me walk out on this movie. It was lazy and so random.
4. I give Jean a pass but after 2 previous movies, Mystic should be a seasoned vet. Her characters comes off as a network TV role.
5. Throwing stuff together is an understatement. They threw scenes together just to get to the special effects which acted as the glue. Very weak plot.
6. Stryker was simply a shoe that would allow them to shoe horn in a Wolverine cameo. They probably had meetings trying to figure it out. Then someone throw that dart at the board and they ran with it. Notice how swiftly both Wolverine and Stryker dipped. The irony. It's like both of those characters knew they had no real purpose for that movie.
7. The CIA chick was literally the Louis Lane ex Machina. She only served to advance the plot when needed. She unleashed Apocalypse and explained to the audience who he was. And she was the obligatory love story angle.
8. Apocalypse looking silly is an understatement. The FIRST scene has him looking :flabbynsick: which was dumb as fukk. They basically jacked Ra from Stargate. They had him wondering earth like a grumpy old man.. I can go on and on but fukk it. Even Magneto in X3 was smart enough to assemble an army of mutants.
9. In the new Xmen Universe Magneto and Mystic are hero's. I don't know why they don't sop bullshytting and just make him an X-Men :russ:
10. They literally jacked that scene from Freddy vs. Jason :dead:
11. There was no writing involved. It was a freestyle.
12. One of few moments they got right. Its a shame they have yet to show all of the other mutants true powers. magneto is powerful enough to move asteroids.
13. That Quicksilver scene was like watching The Hangover 2. Same jokes, different setting. And they grossly over did his powers to the point it wasn't believable like the first one. He was literally able to stop time or almost moving at the speed of light.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jennifer Lawrence didnt even look like she wanted to be there :francis:
shorty had a Bruce Willis in the last Die Hard moment all thru this shyt
after watching again for the second time, yeah theres some nice moments, but these X-Men movies man :beli:
i think what my problem is im too much of an X-Men STAN to really give any of these shyts love like that.
they making these fukkin movies and dont even know where they wanna go with the shyts imo
NOW you wanna throw Mr.Sinister in the mix? NOW?!
might as well just make Magneto the villain for the rest of these movies
the whole Storm thing is just blatant disrespect to that character
that shyt alone be having me like cmon :martin:
when you really sit back and think about this shyt really aint no different from that first Wolverine movie :pachaha:
im not trolling
i aint trying be funny

throw a buncha mutants on screen, you aint gotta have no feelings whatsoever for these characters
comic book Beast is lookin at movie Beast like "damn! you figured out how to control the blue me THAT FAST?!":dwillhuh:

NIghtcrawler lookin around like "shyt, i dont like being blue either.":mjcry:

and i dont know if my eyes deceived me cause this new copy is off the meat
but Quicksilver really couldnt save Havoc?:wtb:
was he pre-blown away already?
i dont want the kid coming out lookin like Darkman and shyt

You right,and this might be worst than Wolverine Origins,based on the fact this was Apocalypse:francis:....Also based on the fact you cant help but root for Hugh Jackman when hes playimg Wolverine.....Who could you root for while watching this movie?absoloutley nobody:scust:

Magneto being persecuted is old at this point,guess they thought killing his new family again would give our empathy new legs:pachaha:....we met them for 5 seconds,and they died in lazy ridiculous fashion,by accident:snoop:....couldve at least let pure piece of shyt humans do it,instead of it being the work of concerned citizens reporting him to the police,and the police being reasonable but negligent:laff:

And yeah the killing havoc thing was supposed to build up cyclops and jeans bond i guess,and maybe lay groundwork for him being the leader....i was willing to suspend belief since it was just havoc,but it was stupid...id rather had seen Havoc become a horseman than go out blasting a generator that had no business right there:heh:

But yeah i truly gave a fukk about anybody this time around,a hero movie where u dont care enough to root for heros or root for or against the villian....Bvs had the same issue to me,but we cant compare it to this shytty movie:whoa:

Sidenote-glad i never saw the last die hard:mjcry:,but im willing to bet bored bruce willis>>>jennifer lawrence

Her being choked was truly the most enjoyable moment in the film:banderas:...and she couldnt even get choked convincingly:scust: