X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
They need to switch up the plot too cause every movie is basically either "We need to get rid of the humans" or "We need to get rid of the mutants":pachaha:
To be fair though that's pretty much been the theme for the X-Men for their entire 50+ years of existence.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Movie was all over the place. Easily Singer's weakest X-Men movie and one of the overall franchise. Just too many characters and no real main one.

It felt like Magneto was originally meant to be the sole villain, but then they did a rewrite to include Apocalypse.

Tried to be grand and "epic" but it just fell flat and felt empty.

Intro was my favourite part (movie would have been great if it was like that throughout) along with Wolverine and a part with Magneto.

Nightcrawler and Sansa were good

5/10.

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Now that I've seen it I can say I was truly prophetic when I made this:

uMBxBn7.gif

X-Men: Flattopalypse :flabbynsick:

Alright, it's not a bad film per sé but it just has nothing going on for it. For every good scene there's a shytty one, and for every good and shytty scene there are a dozen that fall completely flat. Magneto's character arc is laughably bad, yet it's still the only one that still feels like it matters, Apocalypse is as shytty as we all felt he was going to be and at no point did it feel like Oscar Isaac could salvage it. Then again, nobody gets anything to work with so first class actors (pun intended) like Fassbender, McAvoy, Lawrence and Byrne are practically sleep walking through this. It makes for a movie that never feels like you should care for anything that happens in it, not the worst crime but certainly the most boring one.

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Damn not hearing anything good about this movie aside from Scott being done right finally I would put more of the blame on that fukken hack Kinberg than on Singer tbh

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Now that I've seen it I can say I was truly prophetic when I made this:

Alright, it's not a bad film per sé but it just has nothing going on for it. For every good scene there's a shytty one, and for every good and shytty scene there are a dozen that fall completely flat. Magneto's character arc is laughably bad, yet it's still the only one that still feels like it matters, Apocalypse is as shytty as we all felt he was going to be and at no point did it feel like Oscar Isaac could salvage it. Then again, nobody gets anything to work with so first class actors (pun intended) like Fassbender, McAvoy, Lawrence and Byrne are practically sleep walking through this. It makes for a movie that never feels like you should care for anything that happens in it, not the worst crime but certainly the most boring one.
Do Storm and Psylocke really have no lines?
How is the action?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Do Storm and Psylocke really have no lines?
How is the action?

Storm has like 10 lines at best, Psylocke might literally not say more than 4. Lots of CGI destruction and a bunch of action built around stuff already done before in the previous X-movies.

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!