X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead: @ Psylocke only having two lines after all those articles about Olivia Munn taking the role specifically because she would be utilized a lot.

She would've been better off playing Wade's girlfriend in Deadpool.

Either reports are wrong/she got played harder than any actor by the editing process or she's a damn fool :mindblown: I'm reading Storm has no lines as well:damn:

I gotta see this for myself and not reading anything further

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
“If you’ve seen one cinematic apocalypse, you’ve seen them all. At least that’s the feeling conjured by “X-Men: Apocalypse,” the latest entry in one of the more reliable comic-book franchises around, this time disappointingly succumbing to an exhausting case of been-there-done-that-itis.” - Variety

“With “X-Men: Apocalypse,” however, Singer seems to have acquired a new mutant power of his own: Monotony. Whether it’s the lack of an interesting villain, or the fact that the series’ time-travel element is forcing these mutants to meet each other (and the audience) all over again for the first time, this latest entry marks a shocking letdown from Singer’s earlier contributions; what once soared now slogs.” - The Wrap

“X-Men: Apocalypse” is a lifeless affair, squandering its star power, underselling its characters, and muddying its action in grays and cutaways.” - Comic Book Resources

Angel previously appeared in X-Men: The Last Stand, which was set more than 20 years after the events of Apocalypse. The two versions of the characters don’t jive whatsoever, something that’s sadly a recurring theme in the film. The continuity in X-Men: Apocalypse is even more of a nightmare than the continuity in X-Men comics. Apocalypse takes place a decade after Days of Future Past, but if not for the outlandish ’80s fashions, you’d swear it was set about six months later. Slacker speedster Quicksilver (Evan Peters) still lives in his mom’s basement playing video games, and none of the other actors look older at all, even though they’ve been fighting one another for two decades.

Apocalypse tries to preempt any complaints on this subject by having one character remark that Rose Byrne’s Moira McTaggart “doesn’t look like she’s aged a day” since the events of X-Men: First Class. If this is director Bryan Singer’s sly nod to the way the X-Men never seem to age in the pages of Marvel Comics, where they’ve remained perpetually youthful for more than 50 years, kudos. But even if this decision was purposeful, it still creates endless confusion and headaches for the attentive viewer. (Don’t even try to figure out how middle-aged former X-Man Havok (Lucas Till) has a teenage brother.)
:huhldup: :what::snoop:

11t4uvb.jpg

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm not blaming the MCU, they doing their job in putting seats in theaters and banking, I'm blaming the critics who refuse to accept these movies for what they are instead of what they want them to be :ld:

To be fair the internet was going in on Apocalypse long before these critics got a hold of the movie. That in and of itself was an uphill battle for Fox.

Fred.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I hope. And I'm not saying that just to blindly stan and hate on anything that isn't a part of the MCU. X2/FC/DOFP are still much better movies than the likes of Iron Man 3, Thor 2, and the Incredible Hulk IMO, despite their flaws.

I don't have an issue with an X-men movie not being made by Marvel Studios, but I will have issues if it's not an X-men movie.

Pic not entirely related, I'm just posting it because it's piff:
530d17c700caf_320773b.jpg

I would be down for a reboot based on Giant Sized X-men #1 if this installment doesn't do too well. (If not a full reboot starring the original 5)

But we'll see. The scores could climb, they could not.

It's very disappointing to hear that Apocalypse wasn't well recieved, and that Psylocke and Storm will apparently get so little shine. It sounds like they didn't totally butcher the character of Cyclops this time around, so that has to count for something.
Don't forget iron man 2 , thor 1, ant-man and Ultron :sas1: