X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-

No spoilers

oh boy :snoop: im standing on 2 sides about this movie one side hoping this movies does well the other side it bombs and it give Marvel straight leverage to go after the X-men rights before they make a mediocre movie but in all truth the X-men movies do need a fresh vision or that "Marvel Touch" as i like to put it hell i would've thought Marvel would've got the Fantastic Four rights back by now.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
oh boy :snoop: im standing on 2 sides about this movie one side hoping this movies does well the other side it bombs and it give Marvel straight leverage to go after the X-men rights before they make a mediocre movie but in all truth the X-men movies do need a fresh vision or that "Marvel Touch" as i like to put it hell i would've thought Marvel would've got the Fantastic Four rights back by now.
That marvel touch that gave us classics like Thor 2 and iron man 3 :mjlol:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
About to bring it back and watch the X-Men films again. Debating between starting from the beginning or just watching First Class and DOFP again.:patrice:

I'm hoping Apocalypse is good. I'll be there opening weekend but I can't get hyped for it. :francis:

I'm hoping it has that First Class feel to it. I liked DOFP but didn't love it like most. Most of the X-Men films are basically Wolverine and the rest. :manny:

Not shytting on Hugh :whoa:because he kills it but he has definitely been too much of the focal point of these films:ld:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I've said it before but this movie is going to tell a big story about the legs of this franchise as it moves on without the original stars that fans of the franchise grew up with.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I've said it before but this movie is going to tell a big story about the legs of this franchise as it moves on without the original stars that fans of the franchise grew up with.
Do you mean because they are doing new mutants next?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Do you mean because they are doing new mutants next?

Well, that too but this movie as well. Sure, they got McAvoy, Fassbender and Lawrence (and I guess Isaac) as "names" but outside of Lawrence they're not exactly household names like the OG Cast members were. That has been cited as one of the reasons the box office of First Class fell to a franchise low (including both Wolverine movies, only the first X-Men had a lower worldwide gross) but picked up tremendously with DoFP, which saw the return of the original trilogy's cast in a box office revival similar to the F&F franchise.

With the OG cast now being officially "retired" from the franchise (save for Jackman's Wolverine, who is following soon), this movie will be a test to see whether the X-Men brand is still profitable on its own, or if the franchise is in desperate need of new stars (of which they've at least found one in Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool).

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Well, that too but this movie as well. Sure, they got McAvoy, Fassbender and Lawrence (and I guess Isaac) as "names" but outside of Lawrence they're not exactly household names like the OG Cast members were. That has been cited as one of the reasons the box office of First Class fell to a franchise low (including both Wolverine movies, only the first X-Men had a lower worldwide gross) but picked up tremendously with DoFP, which saw the return of the original trilogy's cast in a box office revival similar to the F&F franchise.

With the OG cast now being officially "retired" from the franchise (save for Jackman's Wolverine, who is following soon), this movie will be a test to see whether the X-Men brand is still profitable on its own, or if the franchise is in desperate need of new stars (of which they've at least found one in Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool).
I'd say first class only did those #s because last stand and wolverine origins were cheeks.

I think the franchise will be fine but new mutants will be the real test.

I'll be there since I'm a stan

Edit: you're too stuck on this star thing. People go for characters not actors

Last edited:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
:ohhh: Fam I just realized the line in the trailer when Magneto tells Prof X "what will you do when they come for you" and Prof X replies " I pity the soul who dares to try" is actually in the very first X-Men film that was released in 2000.

I decided to watch all the way from the beginning and when I heard that line I went:whoo:. shyt really is consistent.

Last edited: