X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Supposedly this movie is better than DOFP :lupe:

I don't pay attention to shyt like that cause that's what they always say, it's part of the marketing at this point....whatever it is, it's always 'the best to date, better than the last, etc.'....seriously, when was the last time you heard someone say 'well, it's not better than the last project, but it's still pretty good'....you rarely do, if at all...

with that said: does this have a chance to be better than DoFP? hell yea, that movie was aight, but not as good as people hype it up to be....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
after seeing civil war, this movie has a chance to be better than it

funny you say that...after seeing CW and thinking about bvs, I remembered someone posting that this would be better than both of those and how I thought that person was full of shyt...but now, that person might be right lol.....

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Just doesn't appeal to me personally in an action flick unless it's more balanced out :manny:
That's the thing. Comic-book movies have transcended the action genre years ago and they are it's own genre. Comic-book films explore all different kinds of themes now, and don;t just rely on common action-movie tropes.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apocalypse could have looked like this

The film Apocalypse could have looked like this

Tested recently released a fascinating video interview with Ironhead Studio founder Jose Fernandez, where Fernandez describes much of the work he's been doing with superhero design in film, often with little to no credit. Ironhead worked on Batman v Superman,Thor, Tron Legacy, Batman Returns, The Avengers and many others. The company knows how to create and execute on complex ideas.

The entire video is wonderful if you're interested in superhero suit design and fabrication, but the real heartbreaker takes place when Fernandez shows off his concepts for X-Men: Apocalypse.

Here's a good look at his design.

apocalypse_gif.0.gif

apocalypse_gif_2.0.gif

This, for comparison, is what made it to screen:
apocalypse.0.png

Fernandez said he lost the bid to work on Apocalypse, and like many of us he was "underwhelmed" by the final version of the character. He also had a lifecast of Apocalypse actor Oscar Isaac, and decided to take a crack at the design.

"I thought maybe it’s not possible to make him look like this character, but that is sculpted on Oscar Isaac, so I’m like well no, it was possible," he said. So the version of Apocalypse from this video isn't just a dream, it could have been made to work with the actor playing the part.

"I sculpted the makeup and then I kind of bashed out the armor fairly quickly, but just an impression of what that character I think could be, could have been," Fernandez explained.

jesus

that design would of been piff, instead we got a guy who looks like he should be in the lord of the rings or some sh!t

:camby:

noble

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
looking at that design how could they not go with that....? that's apocalypse right there, shyt coulda been epic

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Here come the bullshyt :beli:
For the "sake of..."
:deadmanny:

I had a friend back in the day say Antwoine Walker was the best NBA player he ever seen

Muthafukka was ignored for like 2 years straight (in real life)
Was basically just around for smoke :deadmanny:

Muthafukkas in here aint even providing a high :snoop:

Gotta weed some bs out