X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

puggle

Superstar
Daps
I bet the movie will be perfectly fine (and this is coming from someone who only really enjoyed future past) because Singer hasn't yet made one unwatchable X-Men movie. The advertising campaign however is not doing this movie any favors at all, the new TV ad they just released is simply awful. They're not selling the epicness of who or what Apocalypse is at all.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Next X-Men Movie Confirmed To Be Set In The '90s

Producer Simon Kinberg has confirmed that the next X-Men movie to follow X-Men: Apocalypse will be set in the 1990s.

“The next one is set in the ’90s,” Kinberg told ComingSoon.

This follows a pattern established ever since Fox turned back the clock on the franchise in X-Men: First Class, which was set in the 1960s, the decade of the X-Men’s comic book debut.X-Men: Days of Future Past followed approximately 10 years later, in universe, taking place during the 1970s. X-Men: Apocalypse makes a similar jump, taking place in the 1980s.

Kinberg wasn’t entirely clear what he meant by “the next one.” It could be referencing the next core X-Men movie, or it could be referencing the upcoming spinoff New Mutants movie.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
People are crazy to think Disney will get the X-Men franchise back anytime soon. Apocalypse will definitely be a blockbuster. Not on the level of Age of Ultron, Avengers 1, etc but it will make money. Fox will give back the Fantastic Four rights but X-Men isn't going anywhere.
Really?:lupe:

Your heard any updates on that?:lupe:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Really?:lupe:

Your heard any updates on that?:lupe:
Nothing is confirmed but it's not out of the realm of possibility and is likely to happen.

Fox has failed 3 times and the latest F4 film lost them a decent amount of money (close to $100 million)

The brand has been tarnished pretty bad and Fox might not want to take the risk of spending another $100 plus million on a F4 film and it bombs again.

I might be wrong but in order to keep the rights Fox has to have a F4 film in production every 7 or 8 years. With the success of Deadpool and maybe Gambit plus X-Force and New Mutants, Fox will probably have their hands full with X-Men and just say fukk F4.

They most likely won't be able to cut a similar deal with Marvel like how Sony did because despite the 2nd Amazing Spider-Man film not being received all that well critically, it still made a good amount of money and Spidey is a top 3 hero. Plus Spider-Man is at the top as far as merchandise goes. He outsells DC and the rest of Marvel easily.

I think there is a good chance F4 rights go back to Marvel in the next 3 or 4 years.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I just realized that these nikkas are still fukking with the time thing. X-Men being in the 80s, Deadpool in the present along with X-Force and New Mutants will probably be in the past smh. They should've just put the new X-Men in the present, shyt is beyond confusing especially during Deadpool movies, how are they gonna explain the missing X-Men?

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Funny enough I just watched fantastic four.

Movie wasn't nearly as bad as the reviews and scorn it received.

In fact the first hour I was somewhat enjoying it. I downright LOVED the body horror stuff when they first got their powers. It felt very original,it felt very real.

But,after the time jump the movie fell apart. Became generic and silly. Doom looked fukking terrible.

Got to think that's the part that the studio stepped in for because it felt like two different films.

Would have liked to seen tranks full vision if only because of how great that body horror stuff was.