X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I heard Psylocke.....
dies when she falls off the plane in the trailer. She can be seen laying in a pool of blood

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
The only comic series that has consistently been bad is Fantastic Four...other than that...be happy that this shyt is taking place in live action...all of it, X-Men, Avengers, Batman, Superman...I didn't think I would see another live action comic flick after Batman and Robin...hell they tried to play Blade off like it wasn't really a comic book movie when it dropped.

This shyt is great, and y'all bytching about Mystique leading the X-Men...If you ever read the damn comics people in X-Men flipped sides all the damn time. Colussus went bad...White Queen went good...some of y'all just acting like straight fags for real.I really don't know how some of y'all fukkers are really arguing against this shyt...we got comic book movies on the big screen...and for what its worth...most of them, including this film have generally good stories behind them.

Real talk...we have had Oscar contending/calibur comic book movies...just think about that for a second.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
man this shyt looks fukking bad.....why does it seem like mystique is the leader of the X-men

man oh man I wish Ma............................................

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mystique being the leader is :dahell: to me, but the rest of the movie looks legit. The fight scenes look dope, Scott and Jean look like they'll be getting more screentime, and Wolverine's claws popping at the end, :banderas:

Like I said earlier, they're mostly good movies (except for X3 and Origins, :scust: ), but they're not the best X-men movies. They have a bad habit of treating a lot of their staple characters like afterthoughts. If they can overcome that, they'll be unstoppable.

I'm personally hoping that all of the JLaw focus is just an elaborate red herring and that Mystique either dies or turns evil 30 mins into the movie. But we'll see :manny:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Timeout homie stop the bs. If I didn't like Marvel, I wouldn't love Guardians, or Iron Man, or Winter Soldier or even the first Cap flick and Iron man 3 which most cats on here aren't fans of. And don't sit there and say I'm not a "real" x men fan seeing as how there are different writers who've tackled the book over the years, all taking different angles and doing different things with the characters. And each of those writers have their own fans, each of those runs have their own fans. Not everyone loves every run or every arc, just like not every marvel fans love every marvel movie. I'm not a fan of the thor movies and I'm not a fan of age of ultron, or ant-man, but I'm a fan. But being a fan doesn't mean blind loyalty or just thinking they can do no wrong. I like the X men where they are and Deadpool is right where he needs to be. I'm not talking about how much they care about it or not, I'm talking about the fact that a rated R deadpool movie isn't happening with Disney, point blank period. And rather than seeing a neutered version of him, I like him where he is. The studio may not "care" about him but the people behind the camera do and that's perfect.

So get off that marvel hater bullshyt, there's a reason that spiderman avi is sitting pretty for me and I'm hype for civil war.

These mcu stans more blindly loyal than teenage girls with their favorite pop stars:scust:

I love the X-Men. Fassbender is one of my GOAT's. but with all the movies i wanna see this year idk if i'll be in there for this one. it looks amazing tho idc
:dwillhuh:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Marketing for comic films is so garbage.
I disagree. When I was watching the NBA playoffs this past weekend EVERY COMMERCIAL break they played a Civil War commercial. Merchandise for Civil War is everywhere just like it was for Dawn of Justice. Marketing for comic book films has been really good with the exception of Apocalypse.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Am I the only person that doesn't want to see this? And these fools bout to scrap Inhumans. SMH
fukk Inhumans...wtf...never thought I would see a hip hop forum be against Apocalypse's debut? LOL..Crazy

28jvdc9.gif
2m42lhz.gif
no5v0l.gif

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Mystique being the leader is :dahell: to me, but the rest of the movie looks legit. The fight scenes look dope, Scott and Jean look like they'll be getting more screentime, and Wolverine's claws popping at the end, :banderas:

Like I said earlier, they're mostly good movies (except for X3 and Origins, :scust: ), but they're not the best X-men movies. They have a bad habit of treating a lot of their staple characters like afterthoughts. If they can overcome that, they'll be unstoppable.

I'm personally hoping that all of the JLaw focus is just an elaborate red herring and that Mystique either dies or turns evil 30 mins into the movie. But we'll see :manny:

What staple characters? Who are you talking about?

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
What staple characters? Who are you talking about?

treating scott summers like a little bytch who's stays getting cuckolded by wolverine for one...

storm is another one not given her due although the horrible casting of halle berry played a big part in that along with singer's wack way of showcasing her. *cues the overly dramatic and way too drawn out scene of storm's eyes turning white with pretentious epic music score every time she does anything related to weather changing...* :francis:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
treating scott summers like a little bytch who's stays getting cuckolded by wolverine for one...

storm is another one not given her due although the horrible casting of halle berry played a big part in that along with singer's wack way of showcasing her. *cues the overly dramatic and way too drawn out scene of storm's eyes turning white with pretentious epic music score every time she does anything related to weather changing...* :francis:
Cyclops sucked for 90% of his entire run...who cares

Storm has been treated off brand in the books for a marriage and love affair for Black Panther too....so it is what it is.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The appearance of Apocalypse has been majorly improved since the comic con footage. It's not quite the look I wanted but it's decent now. I didn't feel hyped after this trailer but I didn't feel too hyped after a lot of these X-Men trailers and they usually end up being great films.

Don't let the stans sway you one way or another. I'm going to see it in theaters anyway, these broke fukks talk like it's expensive to go to the theater, it ain't bad if you only seeing certain movies :manny: