X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
We get it alot of you dont want marvel and fox deal to workout but just like sony deal yall were wrong. Yes, dont like marvel we get it but real x-men fans dont like how fox fuk the franchise up, it doesnt matter how many time they recreate the same version of the same damn version. Also deadpool would been in the fox's trashcan ideas until fans demand it so I don't know why some of you act like fox care, plus they fukd up deadpool the first time in the wolverine origin

Timeout homie stop the bs. If I didn't like Marvel, I wouldn't love Guardians, or Iron Man, or Winter Soldier or even the first Cap flick and Iron man 3 which most cats on here aren't fans of. And don't sit there and say I'm not a "real" x men fan seeing as how there are different writers who've tackled the book over the years, all taking different angles and doing different things with the characters. And each of those writers have their own fans, each of those runs have their own fans. Not everyone loves every run or every arc, just like not every marvel fans love every marvel movie. I'm not a fan of the thor movies and I'm not a fan of age of ultron, or ant-man, but I'm a fan. But being a fan doesn't mean blind loyalty or just thinking they can do no wrong. I like the X men where they are and Deadpool is right where he needs to be. I'm not talking about how much they care about it or not, I'm talking about the fact that a rated R deadpool movie isn't happening with Disney, point blank period. And rather than seeing a neutered version of him, I like him where he is. The studio may not "care" about him but the people behind the camera do and that's perfect.

So get off that marvel hater bullshyt, there's a reason that spiderman avi is sitting pretty for me and I'm hype for civil war.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
full interview here; Bryan Singer on X-Men: Apocalypse, Superhero Movies
Jumping off of that, you are one of the godfathers of the modern superhero movie. We’ve seen that genre evolve like crazy throughout the years and you’re still doing it, but you can’t ignore the fact that all these other superhero interpretations exist. Have those effected or informed your approach?

SINGER: It’s weird, they affect me all the time! This makes a billion dollars, and this does this, and this tonally is so light and this is fun, and the other side is Nolan, it’s dark. But when I go to make an X-Men movie I’m like ‘Well the last thing I can do is start to try and make an X-Men movie look like Dark Knight or The Avengers.’ If I start doing that then I’m going to *beep* it all up. I will *beep* it up. You would not have had Days of Future Past you would have Days of Avengers Knight something. So when I go into the making of it, it doesn’t really affect me, but when I’m in-between I’m like “What am I supposed to be doing?!” That’s how it happens. Yeah, it’s weird. I do think about it.

Your approach to story and tone and character are what remains intact.

SINGER: Feige and I had a conversation about this recently where he felt when he saw Days of Future Past that the tone actually reminded him, because Feige worked as an assistant with us on X-Men 1, he felt… I rewatched X-Men 1 and 2 to remind myself what sort of tone I have to maintain. If I’m going to see a Star Wars movie or a movie from a franchise I love, whatever it is, I’m going to want to see that tone maintained. If that tone shifts, I’m like whoa, whoa, that’s a different movie. It might have shifted a little because a different director did First Class but I’m still very proud of First Class and Matthew [Vaughn] is brilliant, and it was minor tonal shifts. And Matthew’s obsession was to not shift tone, he was the one that was like “I’m going to open this in Auschwitz,” he was the one saying “I want this to be in the canon of your X-Men movies.” He would say that to me all the time and because that very thing, that’s what you want. You don’t want to try and assimilate whatever is more different or popular at the moment. I keep getting drawn back because there’s always something different to tell

Something that came up when we were talking to both Simon and Hutch is that something like both the success financially and the critical acclaim of something like Guardians of the Galaxy, something that wouldn’t have worked ten years ago, and how that’s changing the landscape of what people can expect to see. So that allows weirdness so with that now, not necessarily a standard but what kind of weirdness can you now pull off thanks to something like that?

SINGER: Not a lot, because that tonally automatically sets you up for a farce. You’ve got a racc00n with a machine gun. You’ve got a guy that’s like ‘Nothing gets over my head!’ That’s my favorite line. I love James Gunn, he’s *beep* amazing, hilarious. You have a tone of that movie that is a tone, once you’ve got that tone you can do all kinds of stuff like that. Or Deadpool, you can do that if you’re rated R, whatever it is you can do certain things. Here, this universe is taken quite seriously so yeah we have our fun, we have side jokes, and we take the edge of certain scenes to lighten them up a bit but we certainly, I can’t alter the tone of the movie because a movie like that is successful. I can just embrace and go see it and laugh my ass off. That’s almost a different genre, I know it’s a Marvel movie but it’s a very different genre. Very different genre than other Marvel movies. It’s almost it’s own weird kind of standalone.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Mystique the leader?..Kids look up to her?
wcegix.jpg

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Timeout homie stop the bs. If I didn't like Marvel, I wouldn't love Guardians, or Iron Man, or Winter Soldier or even the first Cap flick and Iron man 3 which most cats on here aren't fans of. And don't sit there and say I'm not a "real" x men fan seeing as how there are different writers who've tackled the book over the years, all taking different angles and doing different things with the characters. And each of those writers have their own fans, each of those runs have their own fans. Not everyone loves every run or every arc, just like not every marvel fans love every marvel movie. I'm not a fan of the thor movies and I'm not a fan of age of ultron, or ant-man, but I'm a fan. But being a fan doesn't mean blind loyalty or just thinking they can do no wrong. I like the X men where they are and Deadpool is right where he needs to be. I'm not talking about how much they care about it or not, I'm talking about the fact that a rated R deadpool movie isn't happening with Disney, point blank period. And rather than seeing a neutered version of him, I like him where he is. The studio may not "care" about him but the people behind the camera do and that's perfect.

So get off that marvel hater bullshyt, there's a reason that spiderman avi is sitting pretty for me and I'm hype for civil war.
Exactly I can enjoy different interpretations of the comics as long as they capture the essences of the stories and characters. Which the Singer verse always has IMO mutants protect those who fear and hate them while touching on civil rights issues and what it means to be different from the norm.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Exactly we can enjoy different interpretations of the comics as long as the capture the essences of the stories and characters. Which the Singer verse always has IMO mutants protect those who fear and hate them with touching on civil rights issues and what it means to be different from the norm.

Yup. It captures the essence of that along with the bickering and in fighting and soap opera nature of x men comics.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
We get it alot of you dont want marvel and fox deal to workout but just like sony deal yall were wrong. Yes, dont like marvel we get it but real x-men fans dont like how fox fuk the franchise up, it doesnt matter how many time they recreate the same version of the same damn version. Also deadpool would been in the fox's trashcan ideas until fans demand it so I don't know why some of you act like fox care, plus they fukd up deadpool the first time in the wolverine origin
We get it, a lot of you have Walt Disney cryogenically frozen dikk shoved so far down your throat you'll never be happy until Disney is the only company in existence making comic book films. Real x men fans love quality movies first,which fox has repeatedly delivered. It doesn't matter how many times Disney recreates the same generic films with the same generic villains you'll never be happy until every comic film has a shytty villain and a quip every 30 seconds.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
We get it, a lot of you have Walt Disney cryogenically frozen dikk shoved so far down your throat you'll never be happy until Disney is the only company in existence making comic book films. Real x men fans love quality movies first,which fox has repeatedly delivered. It doesn't matter how many times Disney recreates the same generic films with the same generic villains you'll never be happy until every comic film has a shytty villain and a quip every 30 seconds.

You ain't lying. There's gotta be a balance man. I'd say there are two bad x men flicks, the third one and the first wolverine movie. other than that, they've got a pretty good track record. The first x men flick may be dated but that doesn't take away from its quality, especially at the time. X2 is dope, first class is dope as is days of future past. They got a good thing going right now

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
First Class was made as a reboot. Matthew Vaughn even said that himself.
:pachaha: I'm saying! it amazes how ppl point to DOFP when it had the Ogs and 1st class combined, whilst first class had a completely new cast with familiar characters being played by different actors :mindblown:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
You ain't lying. There's gotta be a balance man. I'd say there are two bad x men flicks, the third one and the first wolverine movie. other than that, they've got a pretty good track record. The first x men flick may be dated but that doesn't take away from its quality, especially at the time. X2 is dope, first class is dope as is days of future past. They got a good thing going right now
Yep, Fox is 2 for 8 with their X-Men films and that is a damn good track record.

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!