X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
One thing i've noticed with how Fox does there stuff compared to Marvel and what little we've seen of DC so far is that Fox doesn't really use their big budget for wide spread dbz-like slug fests and big team battles like the MCU & DCU do.

Not to say it's worse or better, as its more a stylistic choice... Fox seems to lean more on standalone "character feats", i.e. Magneto with the coin thing/lifting the stadium/stopping the falling x-jet; nightcrawler at the white house; the whole quicksilver sequence; prof x at the end of that last wolverine film, etc. This has the desired effect as i remember the audience in my theaters always cheered or applauded during those moments...

...but for me personally, after the past few years of seeing superman vs the krptonians, hulk vs iron man/thor/everybody, and the opening sequence of AoU where we see nothing but superhero fukkery (plus the final fights in both Avenger films)... it did make this x-men trailer seem a bit bland to me.

Anyone who knows the comics knows that Colossus, Juggernaut, Apocalypse, even Rogue, etc can get down like Hulk and Doomsday, but obviously it's not that type of movie. On the plus side, there were great moments of big team battle/tag teams in DoFP with Blink as the architect... so they may have built on that here for a later reveal.

great observation
as an X-men stan (my name obviously tells you that lol) I won't lie I've been dying to see some fukkery on a grand scale with everyone using their powers. X-Men last stand fight felt so underwhelming in retrospect.
Agree that the DOFP scene was a tease and gave a little taste of what could be done. :noah:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
tumblr_nz8qxaX3tS1uxamwco2_500.gif

tumblr_nz8qxaX3tS1uxamwco1_500.gif

tumblr_nz8qxaX3tS1uxamwco5_500.gif

tumblr_nz8qxaX3tS1uxamwco6_500.gif

tumblr_nz8qxaX3tS1uxamwco4_500.gif

tumblr_nz8qxaX3tS1uxamwco7_500.gif

tumblr_nz8qxaX3tS1uxamwco3_500.gif

tumblr_nz8qxaX3tS1uxamwco8_500.gif

Chef

All Star
Daps
I don't have high hopes for any X-Men film after Singer leaves. I want to believe Singer had some pull with the series but after what happen to the Trank(dropped out of a Star Wars film :wow:), I'm not optimistic at all. :ld: