X-Men '97

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
exactly. this sh!t improved on everything including the opening credits.

not sure if ya question about angel was rhetorical but it was morph

animation is 90s mied with the anime and it looks much better

@Art Barr your contradictions hilarious :pachaha:

the cartoon was loosely based on source material yet here you are mad af :pachaha:

really got 3000 word essays in here on some dr jeckyl mr hyde shyt :pachaha:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
@daemonova @Da Jungles

homey went from sayin the 1st episode was the goat cartoon

then one episode later its the worst shyt ever and dude got 3000 word essays on it

:pachaha: gotta love it
If you had both Prince Adam and He man as a kid, you was rich af...

Or you rip them joints right out the package str8 from Toys r us at South Dekalb mall (@DropTopDoc @Rekkapryde @Lucky_Lefty ) because who got money for he man AND tmnt AND xmen!!

They're Nintendo games I want mom to buy and Christmas only comes once a year

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Gives us an update review of episode two.

Art Barr
Ps dont read my review if you dont wanna be spoiled for whats coming. Im theorizing on whats gonna happen based on the book. If you dont know already dont read this.

dont understand bro as i im not gon go back and read all that but why are you mad cause storm lost her powers?

Storm will be back to straight up lead the xmen by the end its already setup as a story arc. She loses her powers in the same time. Then again I havent read back yet just seeing others responses to you.

Stirm is going thru the same shyt wolverine does in the begunning. Shell get an ep cenetered on her. Prolly shadow king linked. 100%. Full africa. Prolly black panther. So dont get the racial critique i see (again i didnt read from beginning yet)

The fact they are pulling anything at all from comics is worth it to me as they almost NEVER do. Only xmen is up to par to tell this level of story telling where you stay on tract. Comics by design are interchanagable, batman fights joker take a element or two from an old comic. Wala. But xmen has set story points you shouod hit and imo i see them being hit so i dont understand ya beef. The xmen story isbthe greatest in comics period only like 5 properties even come close to it. But none are better. So i love this shyt.

Everything that makes the xmen great was on display right off the bat. Idk how itll turn out but this first disney show i watched in like 5 years.

All the characters are exactly like how i see them in my head. Im very happy about all of this. So no im not mad at all.

They went all out with the humans hating mutajts god loves man kills style

Full xmen fughts way we want. Gave cyke his HAND game. His visor shots. Full force using it like a prachute. Idk how any old xmen fan mad at this man. No way

And all the little personal shyt between the characters that makes it s deep drama. Every character is getting focus. This isnt the wolverine show. Its the xmen. And each person has an arc almost. Cyke mags jean rogue storm gambit and wolverine all had focus on their character already.

2 eps this was the hardest disney ever went with anything. I see blood booze smoking terrorism torture racism cheating hoes and murder in a cartoon. Its not kiddy. Its adult. Im pleased sir. Very. Its like it was written for us from the 90s now witj full adult themes. They always did this like the wolverine cyke jean triangle but they didnt like go all out with pregnancy and wolverine drinking over it and now rogue cheating on gambit. This is the comic book come to life more than anything ive ever seen. Prolly end up getting the bleeding/dying wolverine/jean inferno scene now which is 100% the payoff from years of their og characters arc.

The OG didnt even go as deep into the comics as this just did. Seems we getting full inferno, snd x ecutioners song which is my all time fav 90s story for the caboe reveal and wilverine cable bishop teamup and apoc/archangel arc fufillment.

If anything this FIXES what inferno was which killed cyke off as a character. That whole thing was stupid. Tho jean shouldnt be alive anyway i feel you there. But atleast this just 180s through that bullshyt. The while cyke falls for a jean clone is so dumb and one of the few mistakes they made story wise. This seems a better way to handle it.

Her mention of blue area of the moon tells me they are going back and we are gettingvthat cable/ stryfe scene where it confirms cable is the baby not stryfe. 100% this is whats happening. We will get both prolly next season after inferno. Which shows how thoughtout this is going to be. Im fukking IN.

They did every other big xmen story besides these 2-3 so 100% this what i think its about. All the summers will be fighting on the blue area of moon by the end. Maybe end of season 2 tho or even further. But i see that at play already since madelyne just showed up and the baby scene in the beginning ep. Btw was that cable in the wind that reached out to jean in ep 1 during her osychic clash (emma?shadow king? Sinister? Stryfe??) It kinda had his look but the face wasnt clear. Had his squarey head and body. Which could already foreshadow that whole thing.

In fact wasnt it stryfe who shot xavier? Some psychic was in gyrichs mind. And then the stryfey looking wind thing. This has all the makings of a real long form classic rh.

I loved every second. But in a glass half full guy. You might see it half empty idk. This is the only show i thini we may see wolverine lose his adamantium in. They couldnt do that in any other property. I think we may get that here based on how adult these 2 eps were. Prolly full AOA maybe as well.

Xmen fukkery at its finest. Thank you lord for this bounty. Thats what yall should be saying.

Last edited:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I loved the first 2 episodes. I didn't grow up with the original '90s show, but I'm liking this so far.

The animation is great (especially during fighting and dramatic scenes), the story is intriguing so far, the music, the dialogue is (mostly) good, and the characterization is on point.

8 more episodes to go! :blessed:

Last edited:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
If you had both Prince Adam and He man as a kid, you was rich af...

Or you rip them joints right out the package str8 from Toys r us at South Dekalb mall (@DropTopDoc @Rekkapryde @Lucky_Lefty ) because who got money for he man AND tmnt AND xmen!!

They're Nintendo games I want mom to buy and Christmas only comes once a year
You mean…The Gallery at South Dekalb lmao. I seen that shyt last time I was home and had tears rolling down my face from lol. Also, Candler looks like Afghanistan to me now

Last edited: