Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
lord old girl out the paint :francis:

main chick pulled up on the side chick :picard:

This shyt ain't got no direction breh.

This is like letting some lil kids in the attic. That find retro toys. Then come down stairs with Skeltor with prince adams arms.

Hell nah.

This shyt shyt the bed in one episode and did it all in one episode.
First episode did what should have been done. Surpass the DIC SUNBOW era xmen.
which was better than the fox xmen in one episode. In every possible way.
Then as soon as the next episode kicks off. It makes no sense whatsoever. Then tries to have its villain fascination disney thing overtake the entire content and psychology of the show.
in less than a show transistion from episode one.

It did not even try to subvert this whole villain fascination thing. Then they go even more lack of quality control on race. They immediately in a comic based on race relations. Say fukk that civil rights shyt.

Right now...
Complete fukk you is my review for xmen 97.

Art Barr

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
lord old girl out the paint :francis:

main chick pulled up on the side chick :picard:
What if they switch it up and have us guessing which one is the main chick or the side chick. They already diverted from the comics with them both having the same name.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

It seems nuffin has been learned.

From disney acquiring marvel

disney only rode the wave of theft..to revenue grab and use it for property acquisition.

this company has no idea.
how to make properties for actual males. Then make that have synergy with their princess theft style content direction. It has never worked and even with marvel. It is showing this company are just good thieves to revenue grab and make acquisitions.
They have no idea how to make quality products.
once out of the theft to acquisition stage.
Just like a thief.
who is asked to support themselves after a score.

they are a corporate theives.
Who have no idea.
how to run a real company past theft.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Damn breh.

I really went into this.
really upbeat and with no ill will.

Only to get slapped on both cheeks and kicked in the nuts. Then thrown off the scaffold through the tables.

Like this company racist as fukk, thief ass fukk, goofie as fukk.
fukk disney breh.

Like you gon keep on b*stardizing marvel. When you see fukkin up with marvel can bring you complete ruin. Just like when marvel failed to respect its creators. To kick start the indie worker rights era.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
What if they switch it up and have us guessing which one is the main chick or the side chick. They already diverted from the comics with them both having the same name.

The problem with this series.
Just like fox..
They think they are going to write the best comic book story ever told over. When they have no equal story or property to draw similarities from. Plus have no braintrust or creators who were there or rival that creative storytelling arc.

It is like they think they are going to retroact the decisions.
that created why the greatest story in comics.
is the greatest comic story in comics ever.

Real talk...
On the xmen cartoon. Jean should have created mass genocide and been killed off.

Just like Jim shooter said was the only outcome for Jean as a character. Where shooter had to tell the creators. Look put away your fascination and love for this character. She created mass genocide she has to go.

Now flash forward to the fox cartoon. Why was this decision changed.

As it completely unearthed why the greatest comic book story is the greatest comic book story.
This is just like all the companies who stole the lord of the rings story arcs for everything. You can do that when you try to steal from lord of the rings and it is not lord of the rings. Like dungeons and dragons the cartoon. It is made as an amalgamation of lord of the rings and can take on its own direction after stealing the basic premises and adventure storyline from lotr = lord of the rings.
That is fine for a cartoon. That somehow found a real medium of translating a boring failed boardgames and toy property into a xsrtoon successful reboot.

You can do that with a property that has been amalgamated and not the original property. Yet you can not take a property credited as the greatest comic book story ever. Then try to change the key reasons and concepts. why it is given the distinction of the greatest comic book story ever. That is what Disney continues to try to do and it is stoopid as fukk.
They did the same thing following the direction.
of why marvel does not own themselves.
with bryne's hack takeover of Westcoast avengers. being now the direction of the marvel universe.
To the point they still have not figured out. You can not make a property be rooted in why said property is no longer around.

Like wtf.

Especially when you follow the direction of a disenfranchised sellout company man hack in Bryne. Who has no respect for creators.who has no respect for himself. How can you follow the c00n of comics direction. That ruined an entire company.

Then think you are going to have long term success.

It is asinine and ignorant.

That in this day and age after the creators won.

How are you going to use a loser c00n's ideal and direction. On a fanbase that already thwarted said c00n's direction.

Make it make sense.

You can not use an exposed c00n direction.
that ruined an entire company. Then base running a successful company.
on failed direction from a c00n's direction.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I wonder how far into the 2000s they will adapt stories or will they just stick to the 90s.

Might be too hard to get into Morrison and Whedon era stuff.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m liking the series so far, but you just know a Disney is going to come in and start being Disney again at some point. Disney will ruin properties left and right, and on the occasions that they actually strike gold with a property, they’ll still find a way to milk that property to death and ruin it (same way they did the Mandalorian.)

On the subject of Cyclops, I’m a fan of Scott, and I liked what they did with him in the first episode especially. To be fair though, I have a strong bias towards the Cockrum/John Byrne era X-men before Paul Smith left.

Scott really fell off as a character around 201 when X-factor started up, because of Marvel’s decision to resurrect Jean Grey behind Chris Claremont’s back. When Scott got married and quit the team that was supposed to be permanent.

This here should have been the end of his character:
uncanny-176-scaled.jpg

My only major knock against the series right now is that Nightcrawler should have been a key player instead of Morph. Morph was always a redshirt character who only existed to be killed off. Nightcrawler being on the show to be friends with Logan would have made a lot more sense.

I’ve thrown a lot of shade at Gambit the past, but I feel for y’all on this one. He didn’t deserve to get done THAT dirty over the whole Magneto thing.

Keeping Sunspot around could have also opened the door for stories involving the New Mutants, so hopefully they bring him back at some point.

And overall I’m liking the references to

Lifedeath, the Trial of Magneto, and Inferno
clean.jpg

detail.jpg

clean.jpg

detail.jpg
So far.

I’ll see where things go with ‘97, but I have a nasty feeling that Disney is going to eventually fumble the bag with this series at some point.

Daps