X-Men '97

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
For all of you crybabies upset about Morph and Wolverine. Not even Morph's voice actor, JP Karliak, supports them being in a relationship:

“As somebody who’s consumed a ton of queer media over the years—what coded things we had in the ’90s—I think there have been so many stories told about the queer person that’s pining over the straight best friend. Meh!” he says. “It’s kind of meh to me! I think it’s so much more interesting that they love each other like they’re Frodo and Samwise, and that’s great. It doesn’t need to be more than that. And they can support each other. It makes Morph razzing Wolverine by turning into Jean Grey so much less about like, Oh, I’m jealous, so I’m gonna, like, razz you about your girlfriend who I hate, and more about, Hey, buddy, I think this is harmful for you, and I just want to point this out, that maybe you need to move on.”

SOURCE: X-Men ’97’s Morph actor wants him to find love — just not with Wolverine

So you guys can stop crying now :russ:

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
I didn't mind the Morph stuff, he was more gay coded a la C3p0 than anything, but the Wolverine I grew up reading as a kid had bytches. He had a thing for Jean yeah but he was chasing skirt all throughout the comics.

wolverine-and-mariko-3.jpg

Not a fan of this super simp they've reduced him to in other media. They even did it in the Singer movies.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Somebody earlier in this thread posting a tweet about it. Specifically what you mentioned.

It has us Storm stans upset too. Forge is cool and all but we wanted to see T'Challa and Ororo together. T'Chaka looked like he had gray on his temples so maybe he's just a really fit old guy who will soon retire so we can get T'Challa in future seasons.

Current Marvel Comics writer weighed in on it

Pure speculation on her part but just shows even those within the industry are in the dark. It started months back when Two AAA BP games were announced. One will be about his father and the other they refuse to tie T'Challa's name to the project. But the Ironman game in dev they flat out name drop Tony Stark. Go figure.

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I didn't mind the Morph stuff, he was more gay coded a la C3p0 than anything, but the Wolverine I grew up reading as a kid had bytches. He had a thing for Jean yeah but he was chasing skirt all throughout the comics.

wolverine-and-mariko-3.jpg

Not a fan of this super simp they've reduced him to in other media. They even did it in the Singer movies.
Wolverine has always been a tragic hero. Sabertooth is never too far behind him, killing off his women or tormenting him. His past is blurry. “He can survive anything” is at the core of his character (healing ability). So I get it. With Silver Samurai popping up twice now, I’m sure we’ll get better Wolverine stories next season.

puggle

Superstar
Daps
Now that we've gotten confirmation that the show is a success, I think the creators have to address the very valid complaints about pacing of the show.

Either extend the run time or add more episodes. I'd prefer ther latter. Probably go 15 episodes so we can give the characters and storylines room to breathe.

I'd also like to see more original stories told and original characters created. It's fun that we've gotten an amalgamation of classic storylines. But mix in some original stories as well to keep things fresh and unexpected.
Your last point I agree with 100% and it's what made Batman such an amazing show because it mixed classic storylines with equally as good original stories. You can even make the argument that the original stories were even better than the ones based on the comics.

But the number of episodes per season in '97 are gonna make it impossible to do that so I expect season 2 to be more of the same and run through a mixing of storylines that were told before. If it ain't broke why mess with it :manny:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Wolverine - War
Gambit - Death
Leech - Famine
Madeline - Pestilence
Wolverine isn't dead, so no.

Also, what would Apocalypse be doing with Leech? Be a zombie child soldier? :dahell:

Also, Madelyne may be physically dead, but the show has clearly shown that her spirit and memory live on in Jean. Maddie and Jean are one. So no on her as well.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Most wise of you to acknowledge true power and accept your placement at the bottom of genetic hierarchy. You all bore witness to the clumsy conflict of parties that were destined to fail. The mutant puppet show was entertaining, but now all shall bear witness to purpose realized by the one truly worthy of claiming dominion.