X-Men '97

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
mutants are discussed all the time in marvel comics.

on the news. in the senate. 24/7 like trump.

as would happen if mutants started springing up in the real world.

people would know the difference.

-

humans are weird. they love MJ, beyonce, obama while hating the black man who lives around the corner.

they love steve jobs while hating "middle easterners/immigrants"

:hubie:
OK, but like I said, the average person wouldn't know the difference between Spider-Man and Cyclops (or any of the other X-Men). If someone hates the X-Men, they are most likely also going to hate Spidey.

Even in X-Men '97, we're shown that Spidey wouldn't be out of the woods on the whole mutant thing. In one of the first few scenes in the first episode, a Daily Bugle newspaper quickly flies by in the wind, and one of the headlines reads, "IS SPIDERMAN A MUTANT?".

Anyway, it's fiction, like I said, so we're supposed to suspend our disbelief. Looking at it more critically, though, Spidey would be viewed as a "mutie" as well by people in the Marvel universe.

It is what it is :manny:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
OK, but like I said, the average person wouldn't know the difference between Spider-Man and Cyclops (or any of the other X-Men). If someone hates the X-Men, they are most likely also going to hate Spidey.

the would because they watch the news.. it's in every film

x1

x2

x3

-

x-men comics were knee deep in politics and media

1/2 the characters in this series are political/governmental humans.

spiderman is a local new york story and they don't even know what or who he is.

mutants are burning down the local school and taking your job.

-

Americans don't stress about romanian immigrants but do about hispanic ones, despite them both being "immigrants" for a reason.

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
x-men comics were knee deep in politics and media

1/2 the characters in this series are political/governmental humans.

spiderman is a local new york story and they don't even know what or who he is.

mutants are burning down the local school and taking your job.

-

Americans don't stress about romanian immigrants but do about hispanic ones, despite them both being "immigrants" for a reason.
Stop talking about the X-Men movies, lol. They're irrelevant.

Anyway, do you forget that the X-Men's HQ is in Westchester County, NY, which is a suburb of NYC? If we're applying the logic of the Marvel universe, average non-mutant New Yorkers who dislike the X-Men would also dislike Spider-Man.

No one knows that Spider-Man is Peter Parker, who got bit by a radioactive spider. All they would see is that he's another "mutant freak" flying around in spandex.

For the final time, all of this is fiction, so my disbelief is put on hold. Logically, though, Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, and most Marvel superheroes (except for a few like Captain America and Iron Man) would either be viewed as "mutants" or some sort of "freaks".

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Stop talking about the X-Men movies, lol. They're irrelevant.

the characters political or not from the movies + this cartoon are irrelevant?

you know 99% of those characters are straight out of the comics right.

what i said holds for both.

Anyway, do you forget that the X-Men's HQ is in Westchester County, NY, which is a suburb of NYC? If we're applying the logic of the Marvel universe, average non-mutant New Yorkers who dislike the X-Men would also dislike Spider-Man.

what? mutants are a global problem and they are present in all localities.

what does where the x-men sometimes live have anything to do with what mutants are doing everywhere?

No one knows that Spider-Man is Peter Parker, who got bit by a radioactive spider. All they would see is that he's another "mutant freak" flying around in spandex.

they wouldn't even know if he was a robot. a machine. an alien.

what are you talking about?

For the final time, all of this is fiction, so my disbelief is put on hold. Logically, though, Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, and most Marvel superheroes (except for a few like Captain America and Iron Man) would either be viewed as "mutants" or some sort of "freaks".

for you means that crowds cheer everywhere you go too ...

:snoop:

mutants are repeatedly defined as being a threat to humans in all forms on media in the comics.

people are taught about mutants in school.

even mutants with little to no powers are seen as being a threat BECAUSE they are mutants NOT only because they have powers.

in days of future past human carriers of the x-gene are banned from breeding which shows it is about the REPLACEMENT and DISPLACEMENT not only the DANGER.

mutants are seen as one big collective dangerous GROUP all of the same type (i.e. just like brehdom).

society does not hold that view of superheroes in general so non-mutants are judged individually (i.e. crehdom).

we see this ALL OF THE TIME IN REAL LIFE.

a breh thieving is blamed on his brehness.

a gringo thieving is blamed on his character.

not to mention that mutants (being humans and greater in number) are a bigger logistical problem and an easy group to target for society's ills.

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
@null

You just wrote a whole bunch of nonsense, lol. Your "points" make zero sense.

Anyway, we strongly disagree, and that's going to be it ✌️

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
The issue where Logan loses his adamantium should be getting a lil price bump .. :patrice:

I hope so :blessed:

IMG-4067.jpg

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
the characters political or not from the movies + this cartoon are irrelevant?

you know 99% of those characters are straight out of the comics right.

what i said holds for both.

what? mutants are a global problem and they are present in all localities.

what does where the x-men sometimes live have anything to do with what mutants are doing everywhere?

they wouldn't even know if he was a robot. a machine. an alien.

what are you talking about?

for you means that crowds cheer everywhere you go too ...

:snoop:

mutants are repeatedly defined as being a threat to humans in all forms on media in the comics.

people are taught about mutants in school.

even mutants with little to no powers are seen as being a threat BECAUSE they are mutants NOT only because they have powers.

in days of future past human carriers of the x-gene are banned from breeding which shows it is about the REPLACEMENT and DISPLACEMENT not only the DANGER.

mutants are seen as one big collective dangerous GROUP all of the same type (i.e. just like brehdom).

society does not hold that view of superheroes in general so non-mutants are judged individually (i.e. crehdom).

we see this ALL OF THE TIME IN REAL LIFE.

a breh thieving is blamed on his brehness.

a gringo thieving is blamed on his character.

not to mention that mutants (being humans and greater in number) are a bigger logistical problem and an easy group to target for society's ills.

I also believe its the idea of genetics too... in the comics they are always going on about the humans feeling inferior to mutants all the time... I mean mutants are literally born with wild ass powers which already seperates them... they can't catch aids and most immune to alot of disease off the bat... also they coined the scientic term (mutant : homo-superior) so there's that deep seated issue that the mutants will wipe them all out replace them genetically... and white men IRL have this fear of black folks...:jbhmm: so its not far fetched...

I wish episode 10 drops early but I gotta wait for thursday to watch it :damn:

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Even in X-Men '97, we're shown that Spidey wouldn't be out of the woods on the whole mutant thing. In one of the first few scenes in the first episode, a Daily Bugle newspaper quickly flies by in the wind, and one of the headlines reads, "IS SPIDERMAN A MUTANT?".

Anyway, it's fiction, like I said, so we're supposed to suspend our disbelief. Looking at it more critically, though, Spidey would be viewed as a "mutie" as well by people in the Marvel universe.

It is what it is :manny:

But he is hated initially, and that's how J. Jonah Jamison sells papers- by hating on Spider-Man. It takes decades of deeds (truncated into gaps between movies) for the public to start to largely get on his side. But the same distrust parallels the mutant biases of "Who is he?" "What is he?" "What can he do?" "Could he be my neighbor?" "Could he be my son?"

And the ability to accept a powered group like the FF but still be biased towards mutants completely matches the lack of logic in all kinds of biases we have in the actual world down to "one of the good ones" racist cliches or being prejudice against one specific group but not against others who overlap the same fukked up convoluted reasoning for hating on that initial group that showcases the baselessness in the entire bias itself.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Never understood the human logic in xmen show. Its like if your born different and got powers youre a freak, but if u were a human and an accident gave u powers and chaged your appearance u still cool

Why dont anyone give f4 any shyt for having a flying fireball and giant rockman?
You think that is is hard to understand that when we as a species dehumanize each other over skin color based on how far your ancestors lived from the equator, what god we believe in when it’s all based on tradition or belief, and who other people decide to fukk.

Hate and Bigotry doesn't need to make sense, and I have always respected Marvel for not trying to make it make sense.

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
But he is hated initially, and that's how J. Jonah Jamison sells papers- by hating on Spider-Man. It takes decades of deeds (truncated into gaps between movies) for the public to start to largely get on his side. But the same distrust parallels the mutant biases of "Who is he?" "What is he?" "What can he do?" "Could he be my neighbor?" "Could he be my son?"

And the ability to accept a powered group like the FF but still be biased towards mutants completely matches the lack of logic in all kinds of biases we have in the actual world down to "one of the good ones" racist cliches or being prejudice against one specific group but not against others who overlap the same fukked up convoluted reasoning for hating on that initial group that showcases the baselessness in the entire bias itself.
I actually like your answer; it makes a lot more sense.

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I also believe its the idea of genetics too... in the comics they are always going on about the humans feeling inferior to mutants all the time... I mean mutants are literally born with wild ass powers which already seperates them... they can't catch aids and most immune to alot of disease off the bat... also they coined the scientic term (mutant : homo-superior) so there's that deep seated issue that the mutants will wipe them all out replace them genetically... and white men IRL have this fear of black folks...:jbhmm: so its not far fetched...

I wish episode 10 drops early but I gotta wait for thursday to watch it :damn:
OK, but like I said a million times to null, the average person in the Marvel universe does NOT know that Spider-Man isn't also genetically a mutant. It's not like they have comics to break it down for them, lol.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
OK, but like I said a million times to null, the average person in the Marvel universe does NOT know that Spider-Man isn't also genetically a mutant. It's not like they have comics to break it down for them, lol.

Spiderman admitted on record in their universe he's not a mutant publicly I believe...:mjlol:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Where? I just looked it up and there was no such evidence of that happening.

I know im not crazy but I'm sure it was in the comics... also the episode where he met the xmen he told them I'm not a mutant...:pachaha: I mean I dont know why I can't find proof...:jbhmm: like it was an offhand one panel type of thing...

jiryvzohkylb1.jpg