X-Men '97

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Listen, i’m a casual when it comes to X-Men, read some comics in the 90’s and watched the show, but wasn’t diehard about it.

I enjoyed it for what it was; the nostalgia, the opening theme, remembering about gah damn Jubilation Lee, etc buuuut there waaaaas a lot going on in these episodes. Still will watch season 2 tho

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
But what is the in-story reason for most of these teams? Marvel wants to sell more X-men so they make six x titles.

But there’s no actual reason in a 12 or even 20 episode season to stop and do multiple eps dedicated to these teams.

We all know there’s no difference between X-Force, X-Factor, Excalibur, New Mutants, Generation X etc. just location and team members.

I’m sure Havok and Iceman will appear again but with the narrative moving forward, I don’t know if they will want to dedicate time to building up random teams and combos for 1 off eps.
There is stuff to get to...Secondary mutations..Pollaris revealed as Magneto's daughter....Exodus getting revenge..Onslaught...Stryfe.....Apocalypse returning...Age of Apocalypse maybe....

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
There is stuff to get to...Secondary mutations..Pollaris revealed as Magneto's daughter....Exodus getting revenge..Onslaught...Stryfe.....Apocalypse returning...Age of Apocalypse maybe....
But… many of those stories weren’t any good.

Stryfe, on top of the fact we just did a clone story, wasn’t good.

The 90s had a lot of cool ideas but the execution left a lot to be desired.

I collected a bunch of Generation X but outside of the cool costumes and characters I couldn’t tell you a famous storyline or villain.

Last edited:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan

I collected a bunch of Generation X but outside of the cool costumes and characters I could tell you a famous storyline or villain.
That's the beauty of adaptations. You get a chance to improve some ideas that weren't great, but had good components. X-Men 97 has already delivered a better version of the Inferno storyline.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

I collected a bunch of Generation X but outside of the cool costumes and characters I could tell you a famous storyline or villain.
X Cutioners Song waa pretty good until they lost their balls and made Cable the son instead. The Legacy Virus lasted for 8 years.

Exodus was a beast in Bloodties....

Last edited:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I went down a wiki rabbit hole today and started reading about onslaught and ended up on apocalypse.

Onslaught sound like some ol bullshyt but Apocalypse sound interesting af. :ohhh:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County