X-Men '97

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Nah I understand, especially seeing as season 1 and 2 are a package deal.

But I'm super X fan, people make purchases and watch shows off the strength of my recommendation. So when they ask how I liked it or what I like or dislike about it I can give them a detail breakdown of likes and hangups and not only after watching 2 or 3 episodes.

It's really no different for me than when comic runs go on for months or years that aren't good IMO. I don't just stop reading, I trudge through until the next person comes along.

I earned my way to come book school.
that you sound crazy as hell for rewarding any creator. For fukkin up a perfectly fine publication with bullshyt.
you really read from the lee era and went through all this trash.

for what!!?!!!!

the mags not gon even be worth a damn.
plus the stories are trash. That you can not even go back and re-read them.
stop supporting bullshyt rubbish can trash.

art barr

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They ain’t starting from zero. TOS burned through a bunch of stories like the Phalanx saga.

It’s continuing from TOS so they are kind bound by what was established in that series. So stuff that was retconned or pulled from stuff like the Acolytes or Wolfsbane already being on X-Factor messes up things like New Mutants.

i don’t think Havok and Scott even know they are brothers let alone doing Deadly Genesis.

Yeah, the closest they did was have their powers not work on each other in the Iceman episode & be like 'That's weird.'

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yeah, the closest they did was have their powers not work on each other in the Iceman episode & be like 'That's weird.'

I'm sure they will meet again in Season 2... Its funny in the comics they both knew they was brothers in the origin unless they retconned that they wasnt complete strangers in the cartoon... :patrice: i'm sure professor x and the whole vulcan situation will be different here...

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
440351818_10160085729137322_7968204376915237347_n.jpg

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They ain’t starting from zero. TOS burned through a bunch of stories like the Phalanx saga.

It’s continuing from TOS so they are kind bound by what was established in that series. So stuff that was retconned or pulled from stuff like the Acolytes or Wolfsbane already being on X-Factor messes up things like New Mutants.

i don’t think Havok and Scott even know they are brothers let alone doing Deadly Genesis.
Oh no I get it, but the show takes a ton of liberties already whats a few more to get some of those teams and characters on screen with time.

At some point "some/most" these characters will/should to come back around. But all that aside it's just the pacing is wayyyyyy to quick

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That was alot of Flying PIFF:fire: across the screen:damn:

...just us Wolverine unleash the talons he gets magnetized:picard:

Can't even imagine how they'll speed through all the source material for the final ep:ohlawd:

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Oh no I get it, but the show takes a ton of liberties already whats a few more to get some of those teams and characters on screen with time.

At some point "some/most" these characters will/should to come back around. But all that aside it's just the pacing is wayyyyyy to quick
But what is the in-story reason for most of these teams? Marvel wants to sell more X-men so they make six x titles.

But there’s no actual reason in a 12 or even 20 episode season to stop and do multiple eps dedicated to these teams.

We all know there’s no difference between X-Force, X-Factor, Excalibur, New Mutants, Generation X etc. just location and team members.

I’m sure Havok and Iceman will appear again but with the narrative moving forward, I don’t know if they will want to dedicate time to building up random teams and combos for 1 off eps.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
But what is the in-story reason for most of these teams? Marvel wants to sell more X-men so they make six x titles.

But there’s no actual reason in a 12 or even 20 episode season to stop and do multiple eps dedicated to these teams.

We all know there’s no difference between X-Force, X-Factor, Excalibur, New Mutants, Generation X etc. just location and team members.

I’m sure Havok and Iceman will appear again but with the narrative moving forward, I don’t know if they will want to dedicate time to building up random teams and combos for 1 off eps.
You could justify more mutants if you give them competing tasks. Like how the team is basically split between Bastion and Magneto. The issue is the writers would have to create two competing issues to Justify two teams.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
You could justify more mutants if you give them competing tasks. Like how the team is basically split between Bastion and Magneto. The issue is the writers would have to create two competing issues to Justify two teams.
Scott meeting Havok furthers his found family arc.

Wolverine meeting FantomeX and other Weapon Plus members furthers his possible search for adamantium

Professor X randomly starting Generation X with Jubilee and getting you to care about all these members in one 25 minute swoop is a lot.

If you have to sacrifice one for the other in 10 episode season I know the one I would

And I say this as a Chamber fan(there are dozens of us!!)

Remember they introduced the X-Factor team in TOS but we got no clue who they were other than Polaris being Iceman’s ex. Iceman was the only character who registered any personality because he was connected to Xavier and Cyclops who we knew.

Last edited:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Scott meeting Havok furthers his found family arc.

Wolverine meeting FantomeX and other Weapon Plus members furthers his possible search for adamantium

Professor X randomly starting Generation X with Jubilee and getting you to care about all these members in one 25 minute swoop is a lot.

If you have to sacrifice one for the other in 10 episode season I know the one I would

And I say this as a Chamber fan(there are dozens of us!!)

Remember they introduced the X-Factor team in TOS but we got no clue who they were other than Polaris being Iceman’s ex. Iceman was the only character who registered any personality because he was connected to Iceman and Cyclops who we knew.
That’s the issue you can introduce them, but then we don’t see them again except as background characters.