X-Men '97

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Why couldnt morph just transform into Magneto and fix the earths magnetic field? Since he was able to morph into QuickSilver and have super speed:mjlol:

Pretty sure they messed up on that one. Plus it just makes people wonder why Morph is such a bum if he can do that:heh:
Hahahahaha

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nobody is,who the hell wants to see bone claws. Just another sad attempt to nerf Wolverine for future plans. They are trying to ween the younger generations off Wolverine being the focal point,since they will have a hard time replacing Hugh Jackman:francis:

But ill do some research and see if i can see any good reason why having bone claws beats having metal claws. I keep hearing "berserker" mode. Go berserk if you like,at the end of the day its 6 bones sticking out your wrist. Which doesnt even beat having 2 swords:francis:
It actually makes him physically more powerful as his body isn’t constantly fighting off the poisoning from the adamantium. He’s faster, stronger, senses are OD and that’s when he starts getting the ability to heal immediately from any damage. Plus he’s literally devolves into an animal. It’ll make some good stories if they handle it well.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Folks making this man out to be a genius when it sounds like hes simply taking some of the best stories from the comics and doing a mashup:mjlol:

Which is one of the complaints in the thread. Its sad if its really that difficult to hire people to write a story,based on one of the many popular stories from the comics. Yall had me really thinking this man was doing something. Ill give it to him that for whatever reason alot of the writers for these comic book movies refuse to just go with whats already been given.

THATS ALL HES DOING.

TAKING CLASSIC MATERIAL
AND RUNNING THROUGH IT
AT A RIDICULOUS PACE.

nikkaS TALKING LIKE
THIS IS ORIGINAL WORK.

THE NEXT GUY CAN DO
THE SAME THING.
:devil:
:evil:

The one downside of this show is definitely the pacing.

We went from Magneto taking over in episode one, to the trial in episode 2, to the Madelyne Prior/Mister Sinister in episode 3, to the Genosha massacre in episode 5, with only episode four being a filler. This show really could have used 20 episodes to help establish a status quo for the team in between all the big moments.

Imagine if the Genosha massacre was episode 10 instead of five, and it was the season (or mid-season) finale, and we had to wait in anticipation for months for the second half. :krs:
People was killing me for saying this, granted I guess I did come in here hot off people being hype after like episode 5 talking about the pacing and dialogue is trash. :mjlol:

Still even with even how good that episode was a big part of it is because it actually took explored the characters on top of everything else.

It kinda sucks that old dude is burning through so many great great classic arcs with so many other X-Men and just X-Men related characters that are being completely omitted. From majors folks like the acolytes, hellfire club, brotherhood, nimrod mystique, juggernaut, and stryfe that all could have been used this season to other smaller more person villains and allies.

Tbh after this and I assume onslaught but the show burns through arcs so quickly it would seem like they are repeating and fake killing characters at a rapid pace since they cover a couple arcs a show.

Really doing E is for extinction so early especially without exploring other characters and the world more seems wild. Now you have most of the mutants wiped out how do you build from that?

I mean how do you execute OZT when it basically was mostly successful?

Maybe they'll do onslaught into legion, into AoA.

I dunno I'm ranting now, it's just stuff get crazy convoluted after fatal attractions alone, to throw in wiping out genosha is crazy. I expect season 2 to be a complete freestyle of mixed events and more of his takes on characters and stories.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Making the show an hour could work great to let the stories breathe.

It also could come out like Invincible. A really good show that draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags.

And I know folks would be complaining about how much time is being spent on the soap opera throuples :laugh:
Ironically enough I just finished invincible and was saying how it's actually written so much better and I actually care about the characters now.

Back in the day I would have never thought I'd enjoy invincible more than X-Men. Straight up blasphemy.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nobody is,who the hell wants to see bone claws. Just another sad attempt to nerf Wolverine for future plans. They are trying to ween the younger generations off Wolverine being the focal point,since they will have a hard time replacing Hugh Jackman:francis:

But ill do some research and see if i can see any good reason why having bone claws beats having metal claws. I keep hearing "berserker" mode. Go berserk if you like,at the end of the day its 6 bones sticking out your wrist. Which doesnt even beat having 2 swords:francis:
It's so he can be replaced probably. Probably x-23 or something like that.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Exactly.

This season should have just been X-Men vs Bastion and the sentinel. But they want to throw in so much material like Magneto’s story it’s become a mess.

They built up Bastion for 90% of the season and then after 1 episode in which he’s revealed it’s now about Magneto destroying the world and The X-Men trying to stop him :mjtf:
They thrown so many stories in this season. Operation Zero Tolerance, Inferno, Life Death, Fatal Attractions, Eve of Destruction, etc.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

It also could come out like Invincible. A really good show that draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags.

And I know folks would be complaining about how much time is being spent on the soap opera throuples :laugh:
Some miserable Coli brehs would complain, but most of us wouldn't.

An hour is the perfect runtime for X-Men '97.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Not me..i think its funny how they trying to make Cyclops less like a trash character. Got Maddie as a face and sympathetic? A far cry from the comics where she was dealing with demons and teying to sacrifice her kids to make up for Scott leaving his son and daughter for Jean's resurrection.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I've talked about this a few pages ago.

Morph can only mimic the physical powers of others (strength, speed, etc). He can't mimic non-physical powers (magnetism, magic, telepathy, telekinesis, etc).

So even if Morph transformed into Magneto, he couldn't do sh*t lol.

Morph @Still Benefited from the most plot armor showcased in a show like this in years

:troll:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Not me..i think its funny how they trying to make Cyclops less like a trash character. Got Maddie as a face and sympathetic? A far cry from the comics where she was dealing with demons and teying to sacrifice her kids to make up for Scott leaving his son and daughter for Jean's resurrection.
Yeah, X-Men '97 is far nicer to Madelyne Pryor than the comics. They also didn't even fully go into the demon thing when she was the Goblin Queen in episode 3.

Also, in the comics, Cable regards Jean as his real mother because Maddie tried to kill his ass (and Jean actually cares for him and raises him in the main canon) :mjlol:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
People was killing me for saying this, granted I guess I did come in here hot off people being hype after like episode 5 talking about the pacing and dialogue is trash. :mjlol:

Still even with even how good that episode was a big part of it is because it actually took explored the characters on top of everything else.

It kinda sucks that old dude is burning through so many great great classic arcs with so many other X-Men and just X-Men related characters that are being completely omitted. From majors folks like the acolytes, hellfire club, brotherhood, nimrod mystique, juggernaut, and stryfe that all could have been used this season to other smaller more person villains and allies.

Tbh after this and I assume onslaught but the show burns through arcs so quickly it would seem like they are repeating and fake killing characters at a rapid pace since they cover a couple arcs a show.

Really doing E is for extinction so early especially without exploring other characters and the world more seems wild. Now you have most of the mutants wiped out how do you build from that?

I mean how do you execute OZT when it basically was mostly successful?

Maybe they'll do onslaught into legion, into AoA.

I dunno I'm ranting now, it's just stuff get crazy convoluted after fatal attractions alone, to throw in wiping out genosha is crazy. I expect season 2 to be a complete freestyle of mixed events and more of his takes on characters and stories.
They ain’t starting from zero. TOS burned through a bunch of stories like the Phalanx saga.

It’s continuing from TOS so they are kind bound by what was established in that series. So stuff that was retconned or pulled from stuff like the Acolytes or Wolfsbane already being on X-Factor messes up things like New Mutants.

i don’t think Havok and Scott even know they are brothers let alone doing Deadly Genesis.