X-Men '97

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
There is no middle ground...that's some Avengers shyt. Cyclops and his attitude is Magneto 2.0. We saw thst with Polaris after the genocide. They just pushed it real hard with Cyclops after Jean died and he started banging Emma...then Xavier was exposed after the Vulcan crap. They pushed Storm down to push Cyclops and Emma for years...until Jean came back and Cyclops acting hard went away instantly and Emna is basically a non factor these days.
I don't think Cyke is Magneto 2.0, I think he found the absolute perfect middle ground between what Xavier worked for and Magneto's rationale. But it still took losing almost everything and mutants to be at their lowest point before he came to that conclusion. Cyke still believed in a mostly peaceful co-existence, hell, he was working with and for the gov't with Utopia, and yet still kept reminding them, don't forget what we can do if we want. AND he also said, let's wipe out all of our enemies before they have the chance to clip us off. That's my favorite era of the X-Men, because it was natural progression of the character, and even with him calling out Xavier and kicking him out, and Magneto bowing down like "you did what we couldn't."

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I don't think Cyke is Magneto 2.0, I think he found the absolute perfect middle ground between what Xavier worked for and Magneto's rationale. But it still took losing almost everything and mutants to be at their lowest point before he came to that conclusion. Cyke still believed in a mostly peaceful co-existence, hell, he was working with and for the gov't with Utopia, and yet still kept reminding them, don't forget what we can do if we want. AND he also said, let's wipe out all of our enemies before they have the chance to clip us off. That's my favorite era of the X-Men, because it was natural progression of the character, and even with him calling out Xavier and kicking him out, and Magneto bowing down like "you did what we couldn't."
Same here. It's an unpopular opinion, but Utopia era >>>Krakoa era. I loved the Utopia and Revolutionary eras of X-Men.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Fraction era..one of the worst in comic history.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
i think Utopia and Krakoa sort of hold hands as “this is a new dream” which is why I don’t think the reboot comics are positioned to do well. If the X-men aren’t doing some high level sci-fi stuff like aliens, or time travel, or a mutant homeland then they need to be fighting for a higher purpose like avoiding extinction Utopia. if they animate the Juggernaut and Bastion attack on Utopia to exterminate all mutants…..shyt will be a classic.

A bit of a side note but the new series sound stupid. Especially with the rumors of who Prisoner X is.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I have a question about Morph because it seems dude morphes into whoever he wants and gets their powers. Are his powers unlimited ? Can he morph into Magneto or Xavier ?

Daps
I have a question about Morph because it seems dude morphes into whoever he wants and gets their powers. Are his powers unlimited ? Can he morph into Magneto or Xavier ?

The last episode disproved that. Am I the only one that noticed that when he changed into the Hulk that Jean put a barrier around him while he was smashing stuff? It's cause he can get big and kinda strong but he didn't have Hulk durability to be all the stuff he was tryna do so Jean had to give him an assist.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Thats my only complaint about this series is that they are not letting these great stories breathe. We couldve had 5 seasons off of what we saw so far but when the suits are involved they got to rush to get to the point before they pull the plug i guess.

This is the first time we see sinister in action but that is his power set. He can control every molecule in his body so he can shapeshift bend like mr fantastic,telepathy, telekinesis and tech from apocalypse. He basically a human that was turned into a mutant frankenstein. He just a mad scientist thats why he dont care about mutants being wiped out cause if he got a sample he can clone them and add their powers to himself if he likes it

Naw, nothing is guaranteed. Boil it down, get a hit, then you can expand later on. 1 season and a pulled plug going on your recommended pace would have been awful.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
The last episode disproved that. Am I the only one that noticed that when he changed into the Hulk that Jean put a barrier around him while he was smashing stuff? It's cause he can get big and kinda strong but he didn't have Hulk durability to be all the stuff he was tryna do so Jean had to give him an assist.
Yeah, Morph can transform into anyone (mutant or non-mutant) and gain their physical powers only (like strength, speed, durability, etc.). However, he doesn't gain non-physical powers (like telekinesis, telepathy, magic, etc.).

So Morph can make himself look like Magneto, but he won't be able to have Magneto's power of magnetism because that's not a physical power.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one knew this would be a guaranteed smash hit...that's why they did so many major plot points...

Well I knew it would it be a smash hit
..Chris Clarement copycat stories in animation? Easy money. But the rest of you are new to this...so enjoy the magic.
:deadrose:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Thats my only complaint about this series is that they are not letting these great stories breathe. We couldve had 5 seasons off of what we saw so far but when the suits are involved they got to rush to get to the point before they pull the plug i guess.

Exactly.

This season should have just been X-Men vs Bastion and the sentinel. But they want to throw in so much material like Magneto’s story it’s become a mess.

They built up Bastion for 90% of the season and then after 1 episode in which he’s revealed it’s now about Magneto destroying the world and The X-Men trying to stop him :mjtf: