X-Men '97

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I think of Bleach (Ichigo's crew, Gotei 13 were already nearly 20 core characters for the first 4 seasons), Naruto, etc. they have all types of characters and people love those shows. 20+ seasons.

You don't got to go into everyone's backgrounds and give them deep stories (although you can because there's plenty of time). Especially after these two seasons most likely a lot of the core will get shine. Plus you can keep focus on the core.

It's like they say in music: this won't be the last note you play. If someone wants their show to run 20 seasons or so, then I don't think there's an issue to expand the cast heavy as that'd be able to cover multiple characters and storylines. I actually think unlike the Justice League if you keep the X-Men small, people will lose interest as everyone will be asking where is __.

It honestly ain't the X-Men if we don't see characters like Polaris, Multiple Man, Longshot, etc. don the blue and gold. Core fans know there are a ton of characters on the roster. We don't need to know a whole bunch about some of these characters because some straight up comic book heads don't either.
Those stories are all concentrated, linear narratives of a “small” world.

X-Men, by nature, isn’t cohesive. Not only is X-men 97 restricted by decisions made by X-men 92’, it also doesn’t have the luxury of multiple narratives to tell stories. The conditions that made X-Factor, Generation X, or New Mutants don’t exist.

The Multiple Man im interested in isn’t the 90s versions, it’s the X-Factor investigation version from the 2000s.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I rewatched episode 6. I'm definitely rethinking my original stance and that the Sinister reveal was a red herring and that someone else pulled the strings to commit the massacre.

Like other posters pointed out, Nimrod and Master Mold showing up in the opening credits is not random.

Bastian seems to be the likely candidate the more I think about it. Plus the sentinels seem to be the dominant villains this season. So that would make sense that he'll be the ultimate antagonist to end the season.

the season finale is a three parter titled "Tolerance is Extinction". Which might be a play on the classic Bastian storyline, Operation Zero Tolerance.

My only issue is that the Siege Perilous hasn't been introduced into the x-men animated universe, so I'm guessing they'll alter Bastian's origin like they did Cables.
I definitely think Bastion will make his debut. Bastion debuted in the comics in 1997. They'll probably ignore the Siege Perilous since it will be way to complicated to fit in the series.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Wolverine does sound different despite it being the same voice actor from the original (but it's understandable given the time gap from the OG show).

Storm's voice sounds the same though.
The voice actors for Beast and Storm sound just like they did in the 90s. Rogue, Gambit, and Wolverine still sound the same but you can definitely tell age has caught up with them. I just found out the voice actress for Val Cooper is the voice actress who voiced Jean in the original animated series! :dahell: I wonder why she didn't reprise the role and instead was given the role of Val.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

X-Men, by nature, isn’t cohesive. Not only is X-men 97 restricted by decisions made by X-men 92’, it also doesn’t have the luxury of multiple narratives to tell stories. The conditions that made X-Factor, Generation X, or New Mutants don’t exist.

The Multiple Man im interested in isn’t the 90s versions, it’s the X-Factor investigation version from the 2000s.

X-Factor is the only other group that is in show canon. Came in on the episode Cold Comfort, it's the whole 90s Peter David squad, including 90s Multiple Man, but run by Forge and has been reanimated in the opening credits scenes for 97.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
The voice actors for Beast and Storm sound just like they did in the 90s. Rogue, Gambit, and Wolverine still sound the same but you can definitely tell age has caught up with them. I just found out the voice actress for Val Cooper is the voice actress who voiced Jean in the original animated series! :dahell: I wonder why she didn't reprise the role and instead was given the role of Val.
Actually, Gambit has a new voice actor in X-Men '97 (A. J. LoCascio). Gambit's OG voice actor (Chris Potter) is now the voice of Cable.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

I was thinking about Multiple Man today..his role in the Age of Apocalypse..turned him into a slave to create those soldiers...it was funny. Turned into a complete who didn't mean shyt to the bottom line.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Man this show just goes from one “hype” moment to the next to get that social media buzz going. This pacing is all over the fukkin place. I still don’t know where that demon owl came from, deathbird was wasted, and they are jamming arcs in. That cable cameo was fukkin stupid.

Y’all can fall for the nostalgia bait but pacing and storytelling for this is mid at best. I’m not even gonna go into the close ups and quick cuts to hide the shyt animation.
Its so soapy-Days Of Our Lives-ish. Its like females are writing this with the occasional good action scene to keep the fanboys at bay. It has a really good nostalgia factor going for it with the classic animation, but the storylines aren't there all the way. Its all relationship/situationship drama. And yeah the original did this to an extent, but this is overload. Not going to even touch the sexuality recon of some of the characters. I'll leave that alone

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
when warbird called the entire Earth a ghetto... I... :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: damn why is earth always catching strays from the Marvel galactic community???
Yeah that was crazy. She was talking and acting like an intergalactic Karen with superpowers. Would they even have weddings in other galaxies like that? A female has to be writing this.